3-way battle for starting right CB

TaborJet

No surprises here. May the best man win.

Jets | Barrett to fight for starting spot

Sun, 22 Jul 2007 09:12:18 -0700

Tom Rock, of Newsday, reports New York Jets CB David Barrett is a candidate to start at right cornerback.

Jets | Miller to fight for starting spot

Sun, 22 Jul 2007 09:11:26 -0700

Tom Rock, of Newsday, reports New York Jets CB Justin Miller is a candidate to start at right cornerback.

Jets | Revis to fight for starting spot

Sun, 22 Jul 2007 09:10:58 -0700

Tom Rock, of Newsday, reports New York Jets CB Darrelle Revis is a candidate to start at right cornerback.

who's the nickle back?

Barret or Miller

If its a tight game in the 4th quarter... Barrett because he is a solid VET

If its not a crucial play... Miller because he is explosive...

Dime package should be Poteat & Barret or Miller

Quarter package should be Poteat, Barrett & Miller

Also depending on how much Miller has improved... we might see Coleman getting a lot of his time...

An injured Barrett got his hand on the ball an awful lot. While his speed doesn't fare well between the 40's, his red-zone speed is decent. I'd like to see what he can do completely healthy.

But yeah, we drafted Revis for a reason... After the NE and Baltimore games I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a starting role.

The great thing about Mangini is we know this really will be a battle, and whoever earns the role will get it. He's not going to put Revis in there just because he traded up to get him if Revis is stinkin' up training camp/preseason...however i really doubt that happening. I still expect Miller to come around eventually, especially seeing how Mangini can turn most anyone into a pretty good corner, but i guess thats all the more reason to believe Revis could be great as well.

Tom Rock, of Newsday, reports New York Jets CB David Barrett is a candidate to start at right cornerback.

Tom Rock, of Newsday, reports New York Jets CB Justin Miller is a candidate to start at right cornerback.

Tom Rock, of Newsday, reports New York Jets CB Darrelle Revis is a candidate to start at right cornerback.

uh...nothing like stating the obvious - man when will this offseason end

Miller has talent but he is found over running or falling for the pump fake way too often in his first two seasons. There is a reason the Jets moved up 11 spots to select Revis 14th overall in the draft. He will be the starter from Day 1.

As for Barrett, when healthy he can do an adequate job, nothing special.

Barrett will likely start the season at RCB, with Revis as the Nickel. Hopefully Revis moves ahead of him by week 6. Miller is best kept out of the defensive backfield. A hard hitter, but crappy in coverage. He a great kick returner, but not much of a CB.

The Jets should really try him on offense. He'd be a more exciting option than Justin McGuy at #4 WR.

Barrett will likely start the season at RCB, with Revis as the Nickel. Hopefully Revis moves ahead of him by week 6. Miller is best kept out of the defensive backfield. A hard hitter, but crappy in coverage. He a great kick returner, but not much of a CB.

The Jets should really try him on offense. He'd be a more exciting option than Justin McGuy at #4 WR.

More exciting maybe... but not half as good... that would be a huge downgrade...

More exciting maybe... but not half as good... that would be a huge downgrade...

Well, I suppose Miller would have to work on catching the ball... :)

But once he has the ball in his hands, he's a huge upgrade. I'm still hoping JMc gets traded.

I want Dyson and Revis to start with Miller as our nickel. Barrett can rotate in. I know most of you don't like Miler, but this guy has so much talent its unreal. I hope they can mold him into the CB that he could potentially be. He's one of the fastest players in the NFL and can hit like a safety. He just needs to understand his assignments and play the deep ball better. Don't be surprised if he eventually becomes a starter at RCB or LCB with Revis as the nickelback.

Well, I suppose Miller would have to work on catching the ball... :)

But once he has the ball in his hands, he's a huge upgrade. I'm still hoping JMc gets traded.

He cant even turn his head at the right time on D... and you think he can learn how to run good routes???

It sounds like a good idea on the surface... but thats it...

Jmac just isnt a good fit for Chad... he needs a QB with a cannon to bomb him the deep ball..

Povero Drew Coleman. Povero Hank Poteat.

Povero Drew Coleman. Povero Hank Poteat.

Backing up Andre Dyson most likely. I think Drew Coleman could be really be a solid corner on this team. He showed flashes in '06. Time will tell.

Either way, I don't see how Revis doesn't start from Week 1.

I agree

Miller has all the talent in the world. His problem in the past has been his maturity, and he is not a quick study

I'm hoping that his trouble in the off season wakes him up, and helps him to mature. He seems to have done the right things since the trouble.

Hope his study habits improve, and he learns to play CB

He was very young when he was drafted

Archived