Goodbye 28

Maxman

Well played 124!

Also, by being wise, Martin was never arrested and never was getting into trouble like some of todays players. Nope. Martin went along his business on the football field, helped raise money for charity and every chance he got, he gave back to the community. His brain, along with his toughness, were the main reasons why his career was such a success.

Not for nuthin', but I think it's fair to say that CM's good judgment, charitable endeavors, community efforts and inner strength all come from his faith, to which he is singularly dedicated. He's a good man, not just a good football player. It's hard not to admire that.

Well played 124!

Not for nuthin', but I think it's fair to say that CM's good judgment, charitable endeavors, community efforts and inner strength all come from his faith, to which he is singularly dedicated. He's a good man, not just a good football player. It's hard not to admire that.

That faith came from his mother. I met her at a Pats/Steelers game in Pittsburgh back in '95.

She was sitting in the row behind me and that bastard Jim Gray from NBC was hounding her for an interview. She didn't want to give one. After his 4th or 5th attempt I stood up and told him to go F himself and to leave her alone.

I didn't want to swear in front of her but I had no choice at that stage. She thanked me profusely after he left even though I'd had a "couple" of beers and had dropped a few f bombs in Jim Gray's direction.

I have the utmost respect for Curtis.

Feels anti-climatic. I feel ambivalence and lethargy. Really I just want to put the entire Hackett/Herm/Bradway error behind me.

I know alot of fans had no problem poking fun at the Mo Lewis/Marvin Jones day at the stadium a few years ago, but how is this any different?

At one time I loved Curtis Martin, but at this point, I feel about the same way Lennon and McCartney felt about each other when the Beatles finally mailed it in. Sorry if anybody doesn't like that, but that's how I truly feel.

Archived