Patsies LOSE ON GAMEWINNING FG

gangreenman

That's just what I was thinkin. Let's get it on already !!!!!

Enjoy the pre-season championship while you can, the regular season is alot different as the past few seasons have shown..

Enjoy the pre-season championship while you can, the regular season is alot different as the past few seasons have shown..

The loss of Dillon is really going to hurt the Patriots this year. Maroney is not an every down back that Dillon was, and never will be. Dillon was a work horse for years and years while staying healthy at that. Maroney... Banged up last season, Hurt shoulder once again in the Pre-Season this year, Maroney needs all the carrys he can get in Pre-season, and guess what? He's not getting them... You know why? Because he's not an everydown back in the NFL, He's banged up already at a young age, and if you ask me... Pats are in trouble this season without a run game. K.Faulk will save the day, lol

R.Moss and D.Stallworth are nothing more than a deep threat, Name one WR on the Pats who can actually make the "Tough Catch" In the Middle of the Field like a Coles or even Cotch... Please dont say Wes Welker.

I also feel A.Thomas is really going to be a let down for this Pats team. He was nice in Baltimore... Baltimore had R.Lewis (T.Brusci is the Pats R.Lewis) Not even close, sorry. They had Suggs on the D-Line (R.Seymour is past his prime, Sorry) E.Reed in the secondary... And 2 shut down CB's led by C.McCalister. A.Thomas was simply a product of a really really good system.

I would not put anything into that result- Sept 9th is the game to be concerned about.

I really wont put alot into that game as far as I feel about the Pats, but I will take alot out in terms of chemestry for the Pats.

Yes it's only week 1 of the Pre-season, but what about all of the other TC sessions? 3 huge parts of the pats success are all banged up in Maroney, Stallworth, and Moss... Tom Brady is a GREAT QB... But all QB's need to get the timing down, or mistakes will happen.

Jets 1-0 Pats 0-1

ITS A SIGN....:)

It is.

That the Jets players to be unemployed in about three weeks are better then the Falcons.

When Tom plays the whole game, and Randy Moss, Laurence Maroney, Ben Watson, Junior Seau and Donte Stallworth suit up and we lose I will be concerned. Not when Matt Guiterez and Matt Cassell are playing 3/4ths of the game.

It is.

That the Jets players to be unemployed in about three weeks are better then the Falcons.

When Tom plays the whole game, and Randy Moss, Laurence Maroney, Ben Watson, Junior Seau and Donte Stallworth suit up and we lose I will be concerned. Not when Matt Guiterez and Matt Cassell are playing 3/4ths of the game.

Agreed. I don't know why people are trying to take more away from this win than they should.

It is.

Pats 0-1

Jets 1-0

Get used to the sound of that...

Pats 0-1

Jets 1-0

Get used to the sound of that...

It is a real possibility, but as many a Yankee fan are to remind me......up in week 1 means little. leading the division in week 17 means alot more.

Just sayin'.

It is a real possibility, but as many a Yankee fan are to remind me......up in week 1 means little. leading the division in week 17 means alot more.

Just sayin'.

The difference is... in the NFL its 1/16th of the season... in MLB its 1/162nd of the season...

BIG DIFFERENCE!

The difference is... in the NFL its 1/16th of the season... in MLB its 1/162nd of the season...

BIG DIFFERENCE!

Yeah dork, but the POINT is, leading in the end of the season is more significant then in the beginning. Right?

Well, maybe if the Jets have led the division in December recently you might be able to comprehend. :rolleyes:

Why did you have to remind me that this man exists? And when does a FG kick in pre season matter? Get real people, it will only matter when the Jets win the division.

I liked that movie, but I realize it was the wrong photo to go with Phile's quote.

Here's the correct photo.

duvall.jpg

OK, here's a dose of reality Jets fans. New York Jets: 5 - 0 in the pre-season in 1992. Season record? 4 - 12. :bag: OK, I'm waiting to get pelted with rocks. Tick-tock... :P

Truth is, the pre-season is where mistakes are made, where adjustments are made. It's not necessarily a litmus test. Still, I'm happy with our win simply because I'm a fan. I wouldn't be crying in my coffee if we had lost on Fri. night, or if we lose the next three (somewhat dependent on WHY). Just win in the regular season, Amen.

Truth is, the pre-season is where mistakes are made, where adjustments are made. It's not necessarily a litmus test. Still, I'm happy with our win simply because I'm a fan. I wouldn't be crying in my coffee if we had lost on Fri. night, or if we lose the next three (somewhat dependent on WHY). Just win in the regular season, Amen.

I agree. I find it funny that people are putting so much stock in the 1st preseason game.

The 3rd preaseason game is the only one that matters IMO. You usually get to see the starters play at least 2 quarters and you also get some kind of game plan.

The final score is irrelevant.

This loss was huge.

If the Pats cant beat Tampa, then theres no way they will beat NY.

Moss, Seymour, Maroney are all bench warmers that cant make it on the field. I'm glad BB pulled Brady when he did because he should benched too. Quite frankly, Vinny T should start on 9/9 if NE has any hope of scoring at all.

This loss was huge.

If the Pats cant beat Tampa, then theres no way they will beat NY.

Moss, Seymour, Maroney are all bench warmers that cant make it on the field. I'm glad BB pulled Brady when he did because he should benched too. Quite frankly, Vinny T should start on 9/9 if NE has any hope of scoring at all.

I find this extremely insightful. Thank you for your fair and balanced opinion, but don't you know you shouldn't tempt the Football Gods? Hot lava is going to erupt all over Gillette Stadium and bury it like Pompeii because of you. :P

I find this extremely insightful. Thank you for your fair and balanced opinion, but don't you know you shouldn't tempt the Football Gods? Hot lava is going to erupt all over Gillette Stadium and bury it like Pompeii because of you. :P

You are welcome.

Get this: nothing said or done on these boards will have any effect on the outcome of a football game.

Archived