Bad blood between Pats and Titans?- PFT

Kentucky Jet

BULLOCK PLANNING PRESEASON PAYBACK? by Michael David Smith

Titans linebacker Keith Bulluck is still hopping mad, eight months later, about the Titans' Week 17 loss to the Patriots.

In that game, New England put in quarterback Vinny Testaverde and had him throw a touchdown pass with 1:45 remaining and the Patriots comfortably ahead. Afterward, Patriots receiver Reche Caldwell celebrated on the field.

As the Titans prepare to play the Patriots Friday night, Mike Reiss of the Boston Globe reports that Bulluck sounds like a man who'd like some payback.

"Just the way they were acting after the game kind of irked me," Bulluck said. "A couple of the guys on the team weren't being too professional. It is only a preseason game, but 87 [Reche Caldwell] needs to keep his head on a swivel, that's all I've got to say."

Bulluck then proceeded to show that he actually had more to say: "He is probably the sixth receiver, so I don't even know if he'll be in when I'm in. If he is, I'll know, trust me."

Of course, if you're really planning to lay a guy out on the field, the worst possible thing to do is inform him of your plans ahead of time. And even if Bulluck is the type of guy who would deliver a cheap shot in a preseason game because he's mad about something that happened the year before, he can't possibly be stupid enough to announce that publicly. More than an indication that Bulluck will go after Caldwell Friday, this is a demonstration of the way NFL players use perceived slights to motivate themselves.

Wait, I thought diaper man Rodney Harrison wanted payback in this game? :confused:

Rodney is looking toward this year not last year.

Bullock is full of crap as are the Titans.

http://www.patriots.com/games/index.cfm?ac=gamereportdetail&pid=23380&pcid=95

Gamebook:

PENALTY on TEN-60-J.Bell, Unnecessary Roughness, 12 yards, enforced at TEN 24.

PENALTY on TEN-93-K.Vanden Bosch, Roughing the Passer, 15 yards, enforced at NE 16 - No Play.

The Titans started the fight and lost.

Well, the Pats did have several instances last year that were, well, less than classy, from the BB treatment of Mangini, to the stupid and excessive celebration of the Calwell TD, along with the Miami-Flutie incident as well. Now, they have gon e out and gotten more players with class, like Moss. Team players like Stallworth. I'm starting to think they will go after Vick next year.

Well, the Pats did have several instances last year that were, well, less than classy, from the BB treatment of Mangini, to the stupid and excessive celebration of the Calwell TD, along with the Miami-Flutie incident as well. Now, they have gon e out and gotten more players with class, like Moss. Team players like Stallworth. I'm starting to think they will go after Vick next year.

:rl: funny stuff thunder, but uou missed the excessive postgame celebrations after the SD playoff game.

:rl: funny stuff thunder, but uou missed the excessive postgame celebrations after the SD playoff game.

Yeah, well, I've never been a good trash talker... I like objective balanced conversations not just in NFL related stuff, but in general. I have been accused, and likely correctly, of sometimes lacking a sense of humor. Personality defect I suppose... lol.

Archived