Codefendants admit killing dogs with Vick- PFT

Kentucky Jet

PHILLIPS, PEACE ADMIT TO KILLING DOGS WITH VICK

In a statement of facts signed in connection with the guilty pleas entered on Friday morning by Purnell Peace and Quanis Phillips, Peace and Phillips admit to participating with Vick in the killing of eight dogs in April 2007, according to ESPN.

In our view, this means that Virginia authorities now have the green light to proceed with an indictment of Vick on eight counts of animal cruelty. Under Virginia law, he'd face up to 40 years behind bars, in addition to any federal prison term that he serves.

The alleged involvement in killing dogs is, in our view, proof positive that Vick will never be able to return to the NFL.

ESPN also reports that Phillips immediately was taken into custody because he failed a drug test while free on bond.

In a statement of facts signed in connection with the guilty pleas entered on Friday morning by Purnell Peace and Quanis Phillips, Peace and Phillips admit to participating with Vick in the killing of eight dogs in April 2007, according to ESPN.

In our view, this means that Virginia authorities now have the green light to proceed with an indictment of Vick on eight counts of animal cruelty. Under Virginia law, he'd face up to 40 years behind bars, in addition to any federal prison term that he serves.

The alleged involvement in killing dogs is, in our view, proof positive that Vick will never be able to return to the NFL.

ESPN also reports that Phillips immediately was taken into custody because he failed a drug test while free on bond.

sucks to be him right now,Wow they just kicked the Michael Jordan of football OUT of Football. I feel sad for the dogs though

sucks to be him right now,Wow they just kicked the Michael Jordan of football OUT of Football. I feel sad for the dogs though

Your kidding with the "Michael Jordon of football", right? They both had gambling problems, other than that ...

In what way, shape or form has Michael Vick been even in the same area code as Michael Jordan?

Michael Vick was NEVER and I repeat NEVER going to win sh*t in the NFL.

LOL , I meant Money wise,endorsments,sneakers,jerseys,commercials........minus the Championships .

Yeah, that's how the league has tried to market him since before he was even drafted. I think that's a major reason why it's taking the league so long to at least ban him for the season. It's a major embarrassment for them, and they're having a hard time adjusting. If it was TO, he'd've already been banned for life.

Those guys just turned over pics of Vick killing the dogs.

IMO Vick needs to be banned from the NFL for life! I did not hear about the photos. That makes my blood boil. And he MUST get 2 to 3 years in Federal prison. My hope would be that the Virginia authorities file charges too and really stick it to VICK!

I hope vick gets the max sentence. He is a total scumbag.

As the evidence unfolds there is no doubt that the feds will go RICO on his thug ass if this goes to trial. That is some heavy leverage -- Ron Mexico is going to get everything his sorry ass deserves. When everyone starts turning, the last one to cop gets the worst deal. Sucker is going to do some real time and not at a country club, he has zero wiggle room.

:rl:

tell me you are joking!!!!

its more like kicking out the John Starks of football! (ya know, an average player that would never be able to win it all)

MJ??? VIck????lol

tell me you are joking!!!!

its more like kicking out the John Starks of football! (ya know, an average player that would never be able to win it all)

MJ??? Vick????lol

I think he meant to say Mark Madsen or some other scrub.

i could make a mockery of these witnesses' testimony on the stand and vick will hire lawyers far better than i.

i could make a mockery of these witnesses' testimony on the stand and vick will hire lawyers far better than i.

that's what i was thinking. i bet the guys they are parading up there are all drug addicted street scum...just like vick. This should be pretty interesting to see the end of the trial.

I heard on the radio, it may have been debated here, but the guy said the only reason this is getting so much press is that it is NEW. We are all numb to the 'alleged rape charges', beating of the girlfriends, shooting people, parlyzing bystanders, gan activity. Those activities listed are all far worse than dog fighting (in the reports opinion, not mine).

either way, that was his stance, that we are coming down too hard on vick, only because this is a NEW type of case.

I don't agree. I think harming innocent animals is just as bad or worse than beating a human being. I think this is largly in the matter of the person's opinon. What's more important? Human or animal? I say they are equal. JMO.

that's what i was thinking. i bet the guys they are parading up there are all drug addicted street scum...just like vick. This should be pretty interesting to see the end of the trial.

I heard on the radio, it may have been debated here, but the guy said the only reason this is getting so much press is that it is NEW. We are all numb to the 'alleged rape charges', beating of the girlfriends, shooting people, parlyzing bystanders, gan activity. Those activities listed are all far worse than dog fighting (in the reports opinion, not mine).

either way, that was his stance, that we are coming down too hard on vick, only because this is a NEW type of case.

I don't agree. I think harming innocent animals is just as bad or worse than beating a human being. I think this is largly in the matter of the person's opinon. What's more important? Human or animal? I say they are equal. JMO.

I agree. humans can defend themselves, but wanting to hurt an animal is slightly more disgusting. Its been proven that people that have a tendency torture animals are more likely to be homocidal. I hope he gets the maximum sentence. no pity here

Archived