Chad Pennington = Herman Edwards

Smizzy

He has been named a starting QB by multiple coaching staffs, all of which have been playoff bound coaches...

Say what you want.. his coaches win with him and keep picking him.... obviously he has the tools if he can hold down a starting job after all he has been through.

Multiple coaching staffs? You mean 2. And 1 of which (herms staff) was fired after 2005.

If he holds down the starting job this year and next year, then maybe you have a point. But right now, your opinion is not a fact.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How any NY Jets fan can look around the league at the other QB's and be HAPPY with Crap Pennington at the helm is beyond me. Much like they blindly followed Herm around like he had half a clue.

It's ok....The day will come when the rest of you see it. Chad Pennington is a below average QB with a well below average arm. It's great have a Smart QB who knows where the ball should go...It's sucks watching him try to get it there.Considering he hasn't won anything but the hearts of Jets fans,I can't understand all the love for the guy.

If he was the NY Giants QB he would be daily message board fodder here.

I watched DIE HARD Herm supporters change their tune the 2nd he left this team. I will also watch these same guys turn on Penne Ala sh*tstack when Clemens finally takes his Job.

I love this team and want them to win but I just can't see a SB with Pennington. Call me whatever you want. I don't see it. Much like I didn't see it with Herm.

What are you nuts??? HERM was the best just like PENNINGTON is the best. How can you not see that????? :bwahaharoll:

This thread is gay.:sheepf: Way to look at it objectively, no **** Pennington is average or below average, but Kellen needs one more year to develop. He really does, it would be detrimental to just throw him in like how some homers here would have it. I like Kellen, but if I was following the Jets while Browning Nagle was around, I would have tipped my cap to him for the pre-season he had, unless Chad just plain sucks fat monkey ****s during the season(which means worse than last year), Kellen needs more time.

Hey Big guy, I lik your signature, however any self respecting Spartan would tell you that Spartans don't eat at Sbaro's, they eat at Gyro King!!!

And I said last year and the year before that, For the Jets to Win it all, the following needs to happen:

1. Jets need to sweep the Pats.

2. Penny Throws a minimum of 20 TDs and throws a maximum of 10 INTs.

3. the Jet d has got to step up and play big ALL YEAR LONG

4. The turn over ratio has got to be near this, +10.

If the above happens, the Jets will win. This team is capable of doing all of the above.

However, if Penny does not do what he is capable of doing, then its a domino effect and the Jets will find them selves around 8-8. But I did pick them to finish 11-5 (with a good Penny).

This type of crap is what is embarrassing about being a Jets fan.

Tom Brady threw two picks, one run back for a TD and certain Jets fans just need to get some perspective. Don't live and die by every play, but the seasons and the overall view.

BZ

Tom Brady threw two picks, one run back for a TD and certain Jets fans just need to get some perspective. Don't live and die by every play, but the seasons and the overall view.

BZ

I thought it was acknowledged that both of Brady's picks were on the receivers running the route wrong. Pennington has a WAYS to go before he starts getting the benefit of the doubt along the lines of Tom Brady.

I thought it was acknowledged that both of Brady's picks were on the receivers running the route wrong.

I thought it was acknowledged that every sports fan thinks the sky is falling and that every bench sitter is the next coming hall of fame player.

Lighten up people. This is why they play pre-season games.

BZ

All I'm saying is I don't have confidence Chad can win the Ny Jets a Super Bowl. Whatever you choose to read into that is on you.

Then I think your beef is with Tangini, who are the ones responsible for putting him out there, and failing to pull the trigger on getting Carson Palmer in green and white. They suck. It is a disgrace that the FO has not already gotten a QB who is able to beat out CP for the starting spot. They really suck. They have as much nerve making Jets fans pay for season tickets with CP as QB as they do charging $25 for parking in a satellite parking lot. They SUCK.

Then I think your beef is with Tangini, who are the ones responsible for putting him out there, and failing to pull the trigger on getting Carson Palmer in green and white. They suck. It is a disgrace that the FO has not already gotten a QB who is able to beat out CP for the starting spot. They really suck. They have as much nerve making Jets fans pay for season tickets with CP as QB as they do charging $25 for parking in a satellite parking lot. They SUCK.

I was afraid all this was going over your head. Whew! ;)

OOOH - good one.

And why did they draft Titus Adams instead of Marques Colston from friggin' HOFSTRA???

This is fun.

Colston would have been a great pick, and shame on them for passing him by. (I think that calls for a rebate on ticket prices right there).

But i am happy with stuckey, and I think he is going to make a couple of big plays this year.

Put together the parking disaster, the failure to build it so they will come, the utterly horrific QB situation where we have to root for a guy who cant outthrow my neighbor's daughter, and playing a couple of jags on the OL, and i think THEY should be paying US to attend the games. (I only go to tc because it's free). ;-)

Penny is mediocre. If our defense was the best in the league we wouldnt need more than mediocre. But its not. So we're screwed. But Clemens isnt the answer either. He hasnt played that well in preseason to earn himself the chance to be QB this year. Or maybe ever. He has mediocre written all over him.

But dont blame the Jets not improving on LY on Pennington. It is a team game. It is the coaches responsibility to design an offense and defense around the abilities of the players they have. It is the players responsibility to execute the plays the coaches design.

And to quote Greg Buttle, "The guys on the other side get paid to play too...."

He has been named a starting QB by multiple coaching staffs, all of which have been playoff bound coaches...

Say what you want.. his coaches win with him and keep picking him.... obviously he has the tools if he can hold down a starting job after all he has been through.

Why?

Someone gave him a ridiculous 60 million dollar contract based on 15 games.

He was married to the team for better or worse.

What is funny is that they use the same arguments for Pennington as they did for Herm.

With Herm it was, "Yeah, you want to replace Herm but you never mention WHO you want to replace him with! Tell me who's out there that can do a better job!". How about anyone except Mike Tice? A high school coach? 124? A college swim team coach?

Same **** with Chad, different turd. "Chad is a winner! He's made the playoffs 3 out of 4 years! Tell me who can we get that's better!". Like the same question with Herm, I don't know. But it won't be hard.

The Jets defensive line isn't SB caliber.....let's replace them now!! I don't know with who....how about with anyone, but lets replace them now!!. ?? Same for the OL......same for our TE's....forget about letting the possible targeted replacements get to the point where they are actually ready to step in.....replace them now!!

Why?

Someone gave him a ridiculous 60 million dollar contract based on 15 games.

He was married to the team for better or worse.

And that ladies and gents are the cold hard facts. Except, it was 14 games, not 15, doesn't that make it even worse?:character42:

And that ladies and gents are the cold hard facts. Except, it was 14 games, not 15, doesn't that make it even worse?:character42:

In all fairness, he did have 25 career pass attempts spread over two seasons before those magical 14 games.

The Jets defensive line isn't SB caliber.....let's replace them now!! I don't know with who....how about with anyone, but lets replace them now!!. ?? Same for the OL......same for our TE's....forget about letting the possible targeted replacements get to the point where they are actually ready to step in.....replace them now!!

The defensive line is a unit. Not all of them would need to be replaced. The QB is not a unit. It is one guy. Kicker. Punter. QB. If a kicker goes into a slump, the offensive line, long snapper, and the holder don't get cut. The kicker does. Was it Dan Stryzinski's fault that he sucked? I blame James Dearth. We let a real gem go there.

If you had your "the grass might be greener, but I'm too afraid to find out" way, we would still have Herman Edwards as the head coach. And there would be no Chad debate, either, because we would still have Vinny.

BTW, when is it acceptable to replace a player? Four years of mediocre play isn't enough for you to want to go another way at QB. Should we just keep all our players until they retire? We can't cut them or let them leave in free agency, because, after all, who knows if we'll find something better?

Oh, and Mike Shanahan and Marvin Lewis don't agree with your theory. Since ecurb likes to play the "You think you're smarter than Mangini" card, I guess I'll throw out the names two guys that have actually won championships they had to gameplan for.

The defensive line is a unit. Not all of them would need to be replaced. The QB is not a unit. It is one guy. Kicker. Punter. QB. If a kicker goes into a slump, the offensive line, long snapper, and the holder don't get cut. The kicker does. Was it Dan Stryzinski's fault that he sucked? I blame James Dearth. We let a real gem go there.

If you had your "the grass might be greener, but I'm too afraid to find out" way, we would still have Herman Edwards as the head coach. And there would be no Chad debate, either, because we would still have Vinny.

BTW, when is it acceptable to replace a player? Four years of mediocre play isn't enough for you to want to go another way at QB. Should we just keep all our players until they retire? We can't cut them or let them leave in free agency, because, after all, who knows if we'll find something better?

Oh, and Mike Shanahan and Marvin Lewis don't agree with your theory. Since ecurb likes to play the "You think you're smarter than Mangini" card, I guess I'll throw out the names two guys that have actually won championships they had to gameplan for.

A large reason most of us want to stick with Penny is that we see other teams try for good qb's and miss horribly. Or we see the growing pains that last 1 to 2 seasons of chitty play. Are those seasons worth it to find the next C. Palmer? Probably. Who's to say we will ever find Palmer.

Its almost a comfort thing. We all know what we will get out of Penny, a chance at the playoffs, and a decent offense.

right or wrong thats why i like Penny.

A large reason most of us want to stick with Penny is that we see other teams try for good qb's and miss horribly. Or we see the growing pains that last 1 to 2 seasons of chitty play. Are those seasons worth it to find the next C. Palmer? Probably. Who's to say we will ever find Palmer.

Its almost a comfort thing. We all know what we will get out of Penny, a chance at the playoffs, and a decent offense.

right or wrong thats why i like Penny.

Exactly...But thats not to say i wouldnt be extremely happy if KC is able to beat out Chad either next yr or the year after, that would be best case scenario.

I know its not everyone in this thread...but I think its pretty pathetic that people are throwing insults and being ugly towards one another because of a man that none of them personally know. Forget that fact that a couple weeks ago we saw all these "I'll support Chad" threads, which fell apart b/c of a preseason game? Now, I've said and done some dumb stuff on this site, but I really thought that some of the ones throwing insults were better than to do that stuff.

Theres a way to disagree without calling each other names, but thats just my two cents.

BZ

I couldn't give a **** less about his 2 picks Friday night. This has nothing to do with that.

Get some persepective? My perspective is Chad sucks. Hope this helps.

I couldn't give a **** less about his 2 picks Friday night. This has nothing to do with that.

Get some persepective? My perspective is Chad sucks. Hope this helps.

Actually, that is your opinion and it isn't actually backed up in facts or stats, but if you keep posting maybe someone will agree with you and validate your frustration.

BZ

It's no use....the guy wears Jets green so WE ALL KNOW HE IS THE BEST QB OUT THERE.

I must be an idiot to think he isn't anything but GREAT!!!

I don't know about you, or others, but I have never said he is great. Is a very good QB, above average and someone who gives the 2007 Jets the best option to win games.

BZ

Actually, that is your opinion and it isn't actually backed up in facts or stats, but if you keep posting maybe someone will agree with you and validate your frustration.

BZ

I'm Chicken little and the sky if falling because I think Chad isn't a good QB,Gotcha.

I know,I know....You homers are the real fans.....the rest of us should just shut up and listen to how Chrebet & Pennington are the greatest players to ever play in the NFL.

I think Chad sucks. You don't? Great tell me why....Don't come in here and tell me it's because I'm a ****ty fan or because you're a better fan than me.

That is about as sad as a Chad Pennington pass over 20 yds.

About as sad as a Chad Pennington pass over 20 yards in the middle of the field is what you meant Smizz. Once and a while he can loft it on towards the sidelines a good 40, 45 yards.

At least he still has a lot of zip on his dumpoffs.

;)

Archived