Jets | Team may be interested in Vincent

Smizzy

Jets | Team may be interested in Vincent

Thu, 23 Aug 2007 11:00:38 -0700

J.P. Pelzman, of the Bergen Record, reports the New York Jets may be interested in acquiring Baltimore Ravens OG Keydrick Vincent either through trade or signing him if he is released by the Ravens. Vincent is currently working with the third-team offense with the Ravens.

Height: 6-5 Weight: 325 Age: 29

Born: 4/13/1978 Bartow , FL

College: Mississippi

Experience: 7th season

High School: Lake Gibson HS [Lakeland, FL]

2005: Started 9 games at RG before being sidelined with a thigh injury and was placed on Injured Reserve on 12/15.

2004: Started all 16 regular season games and both postseason contests at RG in final season with Steelers.

2003: Made a solid contribution in his 3rd season wiht Pittsburgh, filling in for Alan Faneca at RG and provide solid depth along the line as he saw action in 10 games, starting 9.

2002: Saw action in 7 games, starting 1 in his 2nd season with the Steelers...Was inactive for the 1st 5 games.

2001: Saw action in 5 games, starting 1 after making the team as a rookie free agent with Steelers.

Vincent is an imposing physical specimen

Height: 6-5 Weight: 325 Age: 29

Born: 4/13/1978 Bartow , FL

College: Mississippi

Experience: 7th season

High School: Lake Gibson HS [Lakeland, FL]

2005: Started 9 games at RG before being sidelined with a thigh injury and was placed on Injured Reserve on 12/15.

2004: Started all 16 regular season games and both postseason contests at RG in final season with Steelers.

2003: Made a solid contribution in his 3rd season wiht Pittsburgh, filling in for Alan Faneca at RG and provide solid depth along the line as he saw action in 10 games, starting 9.

2002: Saw action in 7 games, starting 1 in his 2nd season with the Steelers...Was inactive for the 1st 5 games.

2001: Saw action in 5 games, starting 1 after making the team as a rookie free agent with Steelers.

Vincent is an imposing physical specimen

Sweet so some third stringer from another team can come be our starting LG? I don't really understand that one...

He is the right size and has starting experience with winning teams... Id say he is an upgrade over Kendall....

From ESPN...

Vincent has a solid combination of size, athleticism and experience. He is tough and has good functional play strength. He is a short-area mauler who has enough quickness to position, wall off and create inside lanes. He is quick off the snap and can get into defenders, steer and generate a push. He has a good initial surge when he maintains his pad level. He flashes the ability to pull short.

How about the conditional pick we got from TB for that LB?

The question is, why is this guy now playing 3rd string?

I wondered the same thing, but if we promote clarke, we need to replace him, so maybe this kid is depth/competition. It would allow bender more time to develop as well, and work at OT

the steelers and ravens are hard nosed, physical teams, so thats good as well

He is the right size and has starting experience with winning teams... Id say he is an upgrade over Kendall....

Hmmm . . . do those Jet Green colored driving impair your vision when you're driving?

IF the Jets aquire this guy, we can HOPE that he is as good as Kendall. I have no idea (other than the fact that he is younger) why you feel that he is an upgrade over Kendall.

Not sorry to see Kendall go, but I'm not sure he is going to be as easy to replace as this.

Hmmm . . . do those Jet Green colored driving impair your vision when you're driving?

IF the Jets aquire this guy, we can HOPE that he is as good as Kendall. I have no idea (other than the fact that he is younger) why you feel that he is an upgrade over Kendall.

Not sorry to see Kendall go, but I'm not sure he is going to be as easy to replace as this.

Kendall is declining FAST... this guy would be an upgrade... he is big and is a solid run blocker... he wont be as good at pass protection but thats what leaving the HB/FB behind is for..

Archived