will Vick wreak havoc in nfl by ratting ?

joewilly

anyone concerned that all Vick has to help reduce his sentence is the names of other nfl dogfighting participants?

this whole mess could get real ugly & spread like cancer if Vick creates a domino effect amongst nfl players by ratting out others.

We do not need this kinda distraction heading into the season

It will only distract the guilty.

Good point though. I would think the federal government would have bigger fish to fry then NFL players. I imagine there are some players having restless sleep.

The Feds are not going to bother with people who attended or gambled on dogfighting, just those who hnost and fund it. Roger Goodell on the other hand might deal with it differently, but something tells me he will getg a complete list of the accused before taking action.

Good point though. I would think the federal government would have bigger fish to fry then NFL players. I imagine there are some players having restless sleep.

Without evidence, there is no case... After what happen to Vick, believe me... NO NFL PLAYER is going to continue to fight dog's if they have done so in the past. Without evidence... There is no case... And I seriously doubt that another NFL player will get busted for fighting dogs red handed, on thier property, like a Mick Vick

my fear is the media. they will beat anything to death if it looks remotely like a story.

I'll be curious to find out what Vick actually offered the feds for a plea bargain. Maybe he named other kingpins not affiliated with the nfl.

steroid scandals did mlb no favors and dogfighting accusations will not help the nfl at all.

my fear is the media. they will beat anything to death if it looks remotely like a story.

I'll be curious to find out what Vick actually offered the feds for a plea bargain. Maybe he named other kingpins not affiliated with the nfl.

steroid scandals did mlb no favors and dogfighting accusations will not help the nfl at all.

Well dog fighting has nothing to do with the NFL as far as the games being played and the records being set... Steroids in Baseball has ruined the sport forever in my eyes... B.Bonds can have the All time HR record while fans like myself still consider Hank and Ruth as the greatest HR's hitters of all time.

Without evidence, there is no case... After what happen to Vick, believe me... NO NFL PLAYER is going to continue to fight dog's if they have done so in the past. Without evidence... There is no case... And I seriously doubt that another NFL player will get busted for fighting dogs red handed, on thier property, like a Mick Vick

What about a player that went to Vick's dog fighting?

While I doubt NFL players are on the radar, if one of them can bring a high value target, you squeeze that NFL player.

As many players that came to Vick's defense saying that dog fighting is a part of the southern way of life, Vick is not the only player involved. If there is smoke, there is fire.

Plus, it is not like past run in with the laws make the players smarter. They lead a life of entitlement. It might go more underground, but if an NFL player likes dog fighting, he will continue to do it.

Yeah why go after guys with millions of dollars who can fund huge underground fighting operations...

crazy!

Yeah why go after guys with millions of dollars who can fund huge underground fighting operations...

crazy!

I do not know.....maybe go after a mafia guy that might like dog fighting. Or a drug trafficker?

I do not know, but if I was a DA, I would use the minnow (i.e. NFL player) to take down the big fish (a real criminal).

Maybe, that is just me.

I do not know.....maybe go after a mafia guy that might like dog fighting. Or a drug trafficker?

I do not know, but if I was a DA, I would use the minnow (i.e. NFL player) to take down the big fish (a real criminal).

Maybe, that is just me.

So you dont think its possible for an NFL player to be a real criminal... :confused:

anyone concerned that all Vick has to help reduce his sentence is the names of other nfl dogfighting participants?

this whole mess could get real ugly & spread like cancer if Vick creates a domino effect amongst nfl players by ratting out others.

We do not need this kinda distraction heading into the season

Snitches get stitches yo!

Seriously, i don't see him rolling unless it was part of his plea agreement, and even then i find it hard to believe since

A-The whole point of him being in this dogfighting world is to gain some cred as a gangster and real in the street, which would be ruined by rolling

B-He is high profile, everyone will know he was a rat, and there are 4 things you do not want to be in the joint more than anything else, 1 pedophile, 2 rapist, 3 cop, 4 rat.

He just needs to take his medicine. At this point anyone else who might be involved is done with it, the example has definitely been made. So narcing won't help end it and can only hurt the nfl which would have far reaching implications beyond the few millionaire players and owners.

So you dont think its possible for an NFL player to be a real criminal... :confused:

I do.

It is easily possible. Nate Newton.

I am just saying, taken down the average NFL player is probably not on their radar.

I do.

It is easily possible. Nate Newton.

I am just saying, taken down the average NFL player is probably not on their radar.

They are concerned with getting the funding stopped... so they are going to want to find the person who is providing the most money... there is a good chance this could be a highly paid athlete...

I don`t think so Goodall never wants to here about dogfighting again ,Goodall is going to tell Vick to use his time between now and dec. when he gets locked up to spread the word to his dogfighting buddies that anyone else caught up in this will face a lifetime ban and the less he hears about it especially with ties to the NFL the more favorable he will be when determining his suspension after he gets out of prison....

They are concerned with getting the funding stopped... so they are going to want to find the person who is providing the most money... there is a good chance this could be a highly paid athlete...

Yes, but I think they also want to try and take down any big criminals also.

Snitches get stitches yo!

Seriously, i don't see him rolling unless it was part of his plea agreement, and even then i find it hard to believe since

A-The whole point of him being in this dogfighting world is to gain some cred as a gangster and real in the street, which would be ruined by rolling

B-He is high profile, everyone will know he was a rat, and there are 4 things you do not want to be in the joint more than anything else, 1 pedophile, 2 rapist, 3 cop, 4 rat.

He just needs to take his medicine. At this point anyone else who might be involved is done with it, the example has definitely been made. So narcing won't help end it and can only hurt the nfl which would have far reaching implications beyond the few millionaire players and owners.

that sounds all good & well but lets remember a couple things here.

Vick has a lot at stake regarding jailtime. 1 year = 20 + million dollars

Vick watched 3 of his own posse basically turn on him to plea bargain with da feds

that sounds all good & well but lets remember a couple things here.

Vick has a lot at stake regarding jailtime. 1 year = 20 + million dollars

Vick watched 3 of his own posse basically turn on him to plea bargain with da feds

He is not playing football this year or next year no matter what deal happens, and his prospect after losing two years are not great.

No way I would EVER do time with the rat label around my neck.

Even if he is allowed back into the league, who would want to play under him at qb if he narcs out other players.

He is going to lose major money no matter what, and i do not think rolling on others will get him any money back.

He is not playing football this year or next year no matter what deal happens, and his prospect after losing two years are not great.

No way I would EVER do time with the rat label around my neck.

Even if he is allowed back into the league, who would want to play under him at qb if he narcs out other players.

He is going to lose major money no matter what, and i do not think rolling on others will get him any money back.

I have two thoughts on this.

One, if I was Vick. I would go to jail right now in the event I only get a year. That is about 4 months time served and that starts the NFL suspension that much earlier. Could be the difference of joining the team during the offseason or having to wait a year.

Second, Vick could easily get out of general population or buy his safety. Vick's backside will be protected.

actually i'd argue nfl players are exactly who the feds would want to nail. millionaires with the means, manpower and influence to set up and engage in this stuff. plus, nfl players have the power to do what a bunch of yokels in alabama engaging in dogfighting don't: introduce and--dare i say it--legitimize the "sport" for thousands of misguided and impressionable fans.

Vick aint gonna be a snitch for the feds... Get real... He's gonna do 1 year... It's not like he is looking at 10-20-life

the difference between 1 yr...18 mo's and 2 yrs of jailtime for Vick is HUGE financially. rest assured he is doing whats in his own best interest, like the 3 that fell before him.

actually i'd argue nfl players are exactly who the feds would want to nail. millionaires with the means, manpower and influence to set up and engage in this stuff. plus, nfl players have the power to do what a bunch of yokels in alabama engaging in dogfighting don't: introduce and--dare i say it--legitimize the "sport" for thousands of misguided and impressionable fans.

Thanks for detailing my point :)

I thought I was going crazy... but NFL players are exactly who they would want... its all about FUNDING... without the cash there is nothing...

I've been saying this all along. No way in hell other NFL players are 'ignorant' of this practice much less participatory, hence the tarded statements that have been filtering through.

Now that the other Rovers have rolled over and seeing that his plea has been accepted, sure, I'm thinking his pointing out others may help in his sentencing phase. Don't think he will, though. Bringing down others who deserve it probably won't play in. No matter how it pans out, he has found Jesus! :bag:

Vick aint gonna be a snitch for the feds... Get real... He's gonna do 1 year... It's not like he is looking at 10-20-life

you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. vick already agreed to "name names". the feds had such an iron-clad case against vick that his only option was to plead guilty and take the sentence recommendation. the judge can still give vick up to 5 yrs so his cooperation with the feds is key to keeping the good recommendation. he has to fully cooperate with the feds between now and sentencing in december or he goes away for a long time.

players attending a dog fight are probably safe from the feds. players that participated in the actual fighting of dogs may have some sleepless nights ahead of them waiting for their name to come out.

Thanks for detailing my point :)

I thought I was going crazy... but NFL players are exactly who they would want... its all about FUNDING... without the cash there is nothing...

if athletes can glamorize strip club shootings, saggy pants, reckless financial irresponsibility, drunk driving, thuggin, being "hard" and never letting anyone "diss" you, having 25 baby momma, doing drugs, etc etc then there are definitely morons out there that will find dog fighting glamorous because these clowns engage in it.

you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. vick already agreed to "name names". the feds had such an iron-clad case against vick that his only option was to plead guilty and take the sentence recommendation. the judge can still give vick up to 5 yrs so his cooperation with the feds is key to keeping the good recommendation. he has to fully cooperate with the feds between now and sentencing in december or he goes away for a long time.

players attending a dog fight are probably safe from the feds. players that participated in the actual fighting of dogs may have some sleepless nights ahead of them waiting for their name to come out.

On the mark. But see, juxtaposed to what I said, I'm too jaded to think he'll 'name names' - as to NFL bettors. And, I'm even more jaded to NOT think folks won't be shot dead before this is through on all sides of the spectrum. Anyone who thinks Vick's "departure" has nothing to do with his personal safety is deluded.

Archived