Pennington More Than His Preseason

JetCane

you know what Jetcane? You got a LOT OF NERVE posting an article saying something positive about Chad Pennington when the general consensuson on the boards is that he has a noodle arm, should be replaced with almost any other QB playing, will never win a Super Bowl, can't throw, sucks and his wife dresses him funny-get with the program will ya? Sheesh

you know what Jetcane? You got a LOT OF NERVE posting an article saying something positive about Chad Pennington when the general consensuson on the boards is that he has a noodle arm, should be replaced with almost any other QB playing, will never win a Super Bowl, can't throw, sucks and his wife dresses him funny-get with the program will ya? Sheesh

What can I say? I like going against the grain.

If he performs well against the Pats and Ravens that is great. If he doesn't, then we really should think about starting Clemens. That's all there really is to it.

I agree with you. It makes no difference to me who our QB is. I want the Jets to win as many as they can. If Chad can not do it, try Kellen. If Chad is going well, he is the man! And that is the way it should be. I think some guys are prepared to stick with a favorite player of theirs regardless if it comes at the teams expense. This is about : WINNING SUPER BOWLS! It should make no difference to any fan which QB leads us to a SB victory, just as long as it happens. Going against the grain is great, just as long as we are winners! A winner is defined as a SUPER BOWL winner, not One and done or two and through. Go Jets There were several nice statements in this article. No we have to go out and shut up the critics and skeptics by beating the top teams starting with NE and Baltimore.

If he performs well against the Pats and Ravens that is great. If he doesn't, then we really should think about starting Clemens. That's all there really is to it.

If he stumbles, makes bad decisions, throws interceptions, doesnt move the team down the field and score points, and loses games, they should put Clemens in.

At least Kellen is ready to play this year- he would have been in way over his head last season. That's why i think the leash is definitely shorter on CP.

I think the CS will have enough confidence in Clemens to play him if Pennington cant get it done.

If he stumbles, makes bad decisions, throws interceptions, doesnt move the team down the field and score points, and loses games, they should put Clemens in.

At least Kellen is ready to play this year- he would have been in way over his head last season. That's why i think the leash is definitely shorter on CP.

I think the CS will have enough confidence in Clemens to play him if Pennington cant get it done.

but.... Chad Sucks?

I think Kellen still would be in over his head. He is alot closer then he was but not yet ready. That is why I prefer that TUI be our #3. I just do not think that B. SMITH is an NFL QB and I do not think Kellen is quite ready. You stated that he didn't take snaps with the first team in camp. He did not play with the First team in preseason games either, if I remember correctly. Timing will not be there and he still has to think rather then react when they start throwing" curve balls" at him. I hope we do not have to find out if he is ready this year. I am hoping that CHAD does well and plays the maximum amount of games. Let the competition begin NEXT year! Chad must win THIS year or he will be questioned by critics and skeptics. Next year he will be paid a ton of money! He is under the magnifying glass for sure.

I don't think two games is enough. What happens if Clemens stinks up the joint worse than Pennington? Go back to Pennington then? That would create more problems then a team with a bunch of question marks could handle.

Maybe a half dozen games and if it turns out great, then fine...if it's a disaster, the season is a wash anyway.

Yes because when I want my Quarterback evaluated the first person I think to go to is Justin McCareins.:character42:

If Pennington struggles early or if the Jets have 7 or more L's by the end of the season, Kellen Clemens will be the starting Quarterback of the New York Jets.

The Jets might get blown out to the Pats and the Ravens. Still won't be enough for them to pull the plug on Chad. It is Chad's team. When that changes, there will be a memo.

Until the memo -- go Chad.

:P

Hardly believe that Phil.

If Chad shows piss poor performances against New England and Baltimore then hey may very well be 1 or 2 losses away from getting yanked in favor of THE ANSWER.

The Jets might get blown out to the Pats and the Ravens. Still won't be enough for them to pull the plug on Chad. It is Chad's team. When that changes, there will be a memo.

Until the memo -- go Chad.

:P

WalterCronkite1-799355.jpg

And that's the way it is. Saturday, September First, 2007.

;)

If he plays like a dog against NE and Baltimore, we lose both games, then I think its more then clear that he just cant take this team to where we need to go. Cmon, enough excuses. Go out there and throw for 4 or 5 tds in the 1st 2 games or stfu and sit on the bench.

If he plays like a dog against NE and Baltimore, we lose both games, then I think its more then clear that he just cant take this team to where we need to go. Cmon, enough excuses. Go out there and throw for 4 or 5 tds in the 1st 2 games or stfu and sit on the bench.

Sure no problem... you want him to do what most QB's cant do and tear apart two of the greatest defenses of the decade... lol

Unless Chad is under relentless pressure where he is forced into only 3-step drops & then STILL has 2 players in his face on every snap...if Pennington cannot beat the types of teams that we face the first 2 weeks, then what is the upside in keeping him in there? Surely the upside is not a superbowl.

I think I get it. We've made the playoffs with him before. Well we also made the playoffs with Paul Hackett as our offensive coordinator three times in 4 seasons. Doesn't mean he was the best man for the job either or that the level we reached was the ceiling for this team with someone else in his place.

I hope Pennington is great. I will just be shocked if I ever see it against a defense (or more specifically, a secondary) that wouldn't also get torched by the likes of a Chris Simms type talent.

Unless Chad is under relentless pressure where he is forced into only 3-step drops & then STILL has 2 players in his face on every snap...if Pennington cannot beat the types of teams that we face the first 2 weeks, then what is the upside in keeping him in there? Surely the upside is not a superbowl.

I think I get it. We've made the playoffs with him before. Well we also made the playoffs with Paul Hackett as our offensive coordinator three times in 4 seasons. Doesn't mean he was the best man for the job either or that the level we reached was the ceiling for this team with someone else in his place.

I hope Pennington is great. I will just be shocked if I ever see it against a defense (or more specifically, a secondary) that wouldn't also get torched by the likes of a Chris Simms type talent.

Thank you. :yeahthat:

Yea, and if Chad Pennington makes the playoffs once again this year... He will also be the starting QB going into 08.

will ONE & DONE or TWO& THROUGH, satisfy you? IMO, the only thing that will satisfy me is a SB ring! That is what PENNINGTON gets paid to do! Do it, or move on and let someone else try! This game is all about winning! Winning means a SB!

will ONE & DONE or TWO& THROUGH, satisfy you? IMO, the only thing that will satisfy me is a SB ring! That is what PENNINGTON gets paid to do! Do it, or move on and let someone else try! This game is all about winning! Winning means a SB!

So why didn't they bench Peyton Manning all these years? They let him play and he finally got it with the right 21 OTHER players ,same coaching staff.

Why didn't they bench Elway when he blew it 3 times? Good thing they didn't, huh? Shall I continue to name guys who went "One and done" or "Two and through" and DIDN'T get benched because they were......GOOD! and were able to get it done with the right pieces. Oh and guess what:

I feel we are getting there.With Chad, the completeion king of the AFC East!

Marino, with your logic, should have been yanked long before he retired, and if you are going to say Marino had no running game.

Take a look at Cedric Houston,Derrick Blaylock, and K.B.! I have NEVER seen a worse groub in my life on one team.A rookie center and LT,Marino had a hallof fame OL, a rookie head coach, Marino had one of the greatest.

You get the point, don't you? Two and Through? HELL YEAH, HE starts in 08, HELL YEAH!!!!

So why didn't they bench Peyton Manning all these years? They let him play and he finally got it with the right 21 OTHER players ,same coaching staff.

Why didn't they bench Elway when he blew it 3 times? Good thing they didn't, huh? Shall I continue to name guys who went "One and done" or "Two and through" and DIDN'T get benched because they were......GOOD! and were able to get it done with the right pieces. Oh and guess what:

I feel we are getting there.With Chad, the completeion king of the AFC East!

Marino, with your logic, should have been yanked long before he retired, and if you are going to say Marino had no running game.

Take a look at Cedric Houston,Derrick Blaylock, and K.B.! I have NEVER seen a worse groub in my life on one team.A rookie center and LT,Marino had a hallof fame OL, a rookie head coach, Marino had one of the greatest.

You get the point, don't you? Two and Through? HELL YEAH, HE starts in 08, HELL YEAH!!!!

Are you SERIOUSLY trying to compare Chad to Manning? Seriously?

I don't think two games is enough. What happens if Clemens stinks up the joint worse than Pennington? Go back to Pennington then? That would create more problems then a team with a bunch of question marks could handle.

Maybe a half dozen games and if it turns out great, then fine...if it's a disaster, the season is a wash anyway.

He's had more than two games. He had all of last season and what, 3 seasons before that? We can't keep mortgaging the entire TEAM for one man.

And while the NE and Baltimore defenses are good, it's not unheard of for teams to score points against them. Most good QBs also don't throw INTs against them, the great Jake Plummer had 2 TD 0 INT against them for instance. Not going to look at all the opposing QBs, but you expect more than what Chad has been showing if you're serious about winning 3 games in a row in the playoffs.

Archived