Seymour out for first 6 games

madmike1

We already had some really good patriot fans in Alk, Garb, PFSIKH... Good job Smizzy on brining a whole bunch of PatriotReign37 fans to the site... Good job...

Just remember, Quality over Quanity, in my eyes we already had a great bunch of Patriot fans who simply have fun and talk about football... You going out of your way to recruit more Patriot fans who are already on a trolling frensy for the simple fact they know they are fuucked with the whole Moss, Seymour and Harrision situation will only make good threads turn into GARBAGE threads... Good job Smizzy, good feedback will be on it's way...

They will be following the rules just like everyone else or they will be gone. We will not tolerate trolling or any kind. If you don't like the fact you will have to defend your position that the "pats are fuucked" then I'm sorry. This is a football message board and it is open to anyone who wants to talk football with us,including fans of the team we are playing each week.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They will be following the rules just like everyone else or they will be gone. We will not tolerate trolling or any kind. If you don't like the fact you will have to defend your position that the "pats are fuucked" then I'm sorry. This is a football message board and it is open to anyone who wants to talk football with us,including fans of the team we are playing each week.

Thanks for the feedback.

"We will not toletate trolling of any kind" Smizzy, It's ok... It's not that big of a deal, but I just feel alot of Great threads from us Jet fans can turn into the dumps with a million and one Patriot fans being pricks... But that's just me... But as far as the not tolerating trolling of any kind goes... How bout you just look at more than half of the threads that PatriotReign has made... Thats all I'm trying to say.

Now I love the fact of talking football with great fans from other teams, but as of right now, most of these new Patriot fans are just trolling like mad men.

"We will not toletate trolling of any kind" Smizzy, It's ok... It's not that big of a deal, but I just feel alot of Great threads from us Jet fans can turn into the dumps with a million and one Patriot fans being pricks... But that's just me... But as far as the not tolerating trolling of any kind goes... How bout you just look at more than half of the threads that PatriotReign has made... Thats all I'm trying to say.

Now I love the fact of talking football with great fans from other teams, but as of right now, most of these new Patriot fans are just trolling like mad men.

Bro we banned Tx and he is a personal friend. If someone gets out of hand they will get banned.

We invite fans of other teams here to get another point of view. If you don't want to hear from them then just ignore those threads. But you can learn from other fans -- they know their team. We find it helpful.

Is there some level of smack involved. Oh yeah. We don't want to let it get out of control.

As far as these kind of comments -- do you know that we get requests to ban people just about every day? I got one the other day. From a Jets fan. Asking me to ban another Jets fan. The thing is, the person that he wanted banned is someone I consider to be one of the best posters here and he didn't break any rules. The disagreed on one point and the request for banning was made (and denied).

Censorship is not our thing. If someone comes along and makes a point that isn't in line with your thinking -- just dispute it intelligently and there will never be a problem.

Oh and go Jets.

Bro we banned Tx and he is a personal friend. If someone gets out of hand they will get banned.

We invite fans of other teams here to get another point of view. If you don't want to hear from them then just ignore those threads. But you can learn from other fans -- they know their team. We find it helpful.

Is there some level of smack involved. Oh yeah. We don't want to let it get out of control.

As far as these kind of comments -- do you know that we get requests to ban people just about every day? I got one the other day. From a Jets fan. Asking me to ban another Jets fan. The thing is, the person that he wanted banned is someone I consider to be one of the best posters here and he didn't break any rules. The disagreed on one point and the request for banning was made (and denied).

Censorship is not our thing. If someone comes along and makes a point that isn't in line with your thinking -- just dispute it intelligently and there will never be a problem.

Oh and go Jets.

I understand Max, I love the fact that we have Patriot fans on this site, we have some really good pat fans like Alk, Garb, PSFIKH it's just that all these new Patriot fans seem to bring nothing to the board... But I agree, its all good football talk, you have one hell of a site, it just pisses me off when every these new patriot fans come to this site with the purpose of getting under the skin of Jet fans

it's just that all these new Patriot fans seem to bring nothing to the board... But I agree, its all good football talk, you have one hell of a site, it just pisses me off when every these new patriot fans come to this site with the purpose of getting under the skin of Jet fans

I posted the invite on their site @ 10pm. In a few short hours you have already decided they are all trolls and bring nothing to the site. They are here to talk about the game. They came here and seen a bunch of crazy threads and commented.

You did say they weren't a playoff team,lol. Did you think nobody would notice!?!

Seriously...9 out of 10 times you get back what you put out. If you say they suck and aren't a playoff caliber team,they are going to say similar things about our team.

These guys are not here to troll,They are here to talk football. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and we will remove who we need when/if the time comes.

I have sent out invites...they are a coming!!!

Yes, I see somebody showed up.

Do you guys promise to tout Seymour and Rodney as the Pats getting back the treasured and uber-valuable pair when they're both back by week 7? When the Pats are 6-0 or 5-1 or 4-2 - will you then say, "Wow, their record is such-and-such AAAAAAND they get back two Pro Bowl-level players!" Will you say that then?

Of course, but will you admit that this situation is a bit troubling at the moment?

You are a fool if you think half this fan base thinks they pats won't make the playoffs. If anything you get prideful Jets fans who won't just concede the division during the preseason.

NOBODY with half a brain would look at the Pats and see a non playoff team. and only and IDIOT would say that the addition of 2 Pro Bowl players is insignificant.

He's used to posting over at JI, give him a little slack Smiz. :P

Yes, I see somebody showed up.

Of course, but will you admit that this situation is a bit troubling at the moment?

No...Remember the Patriots are gonna start off 6-0 right?

Also, I guess Seymour never meant anything to that D-Line, and R.Harrison was really not even a leader in the secondary... The loss of Seymour and Harrison is just like if the Jets were to lose Kimo on the D-Line and H.Poteat in the secondary, they really mean nothing.

I was just trying to figure out which one of DWC's "The Pats won't make the playoffs" threads to post in.

Gainzo, love ya bro.

But when reports first came out about Seymour being hurt in TC, we were getting these :yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn: from Garb and PFSIKH. saying they weren't worried about a thing.

All I want to hear is that they and or you are concerned about this. I don't think I'm asking for too much, am I?

I posted the invite on their site @ 10pm. In a few short hours you have already decided they are all trolls and bring nothing to the site. They are here to talk about the game. They came here and seen a bunch of crazy threads and commented.

You did say they weren't a playoff team,lol. Did you think nobody would notice!?!

Seriously...9 out of 10 times you get back what you put out. If you say they suck and aren't a playoff caliber team,they are going to say similar things about our team.

These guys are not here to troll,They are here to talk football. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and we will remove who we need when/if the time comes.

You do a great job visiting each weeks oppossing fan sites and extending a invite.

The Bears fan who provided his weekly analysis comedic style to rave reviews is one example of how the board benefits from this. StillerPaul,Garb,Gainzo, Alk and Pfsikh are also great posters even if PF and I disagree at times.

Gainzo, love ya bro.

But when reports first came out about Seymour being hurt in TC, we were getting these :yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn: from Garb and PFSIKH. saying they weren't worried about a thing.

All I want to hear is that they and or you are concerned about this. I don't think I'm asking for too much, am I?

Why you calling me out?

Man just because it is your B-day and you are a mod makes you a mighty daring mofo! ;)

Obviously, the Patriots need him.

He is their best defensive player.

However, it is not like the cupboard is totally bare. We still have Warren and Wilfork who are very good in their own right. Plus, Jarvis Green has done an excellent job subing for Seymour over the last two years. He is one of those players that gave up FA a few years back to stay in New England.

The Patriots are not as good without him, but let's be realistic. It is not like this is Cassell replacing Brady.

Why you calling me out?

Man just because it is your B-day and you are a mod makes you a mighty daring mofo! ;)

However, it is not like the cupboard is totally bare. We still have Warren and Wilfork who are very good in their own right. Plus, Jarvis Green has done an excellent job subing for Seymour over the last two years. He is one of those players that gave up FA a few years back to stay in New England.

The Patriots are not as good without him, but let's be realistic. It is not like this is Cassell replacing Brady.

I just look at it like this... Not only can R.Harrison help stuff the run, but he is one of the leaders for the Patriots secondary, and not only can R.Seymour get after the QB, but he's also really good at stuffing the run in crutial defensive situations, and just like Harrison for the Secondary, Seymour is a leader for this Patriots Defensive line.

Not only did the Patriots lose 2 starters on the defensive side of the ball, they also lost 2 leaders in Seymour and Harrison... Thats like the Jets losing Vilma and K.Rhodes... It would never be a good thing for our D.

Harrison and now Seymour out in week one is spin-doctor gold for our resident Patsie fans.

If the Jets win - "Well, we spotted you two of our best players on D, you beat us and we weren't 100%."

If the Jets lose - "Typical Jets. You can't even beat us when we are depleted on D. You couldn't beat us if we sat Brady."

Harrison and now Seymour out in week one is spin-doctor gold for our resident Patsie fans.

If the Jets win - "Well, we spotted you two of our best players on D, you beat us and we weren't 100%."

If the Jets lose - "Typical Jets. You can't even beat us when we are depleted on D. You couldn't beat us if we sat Brady."

But the Jets suck... Remember? And we have Chad at QB who has a noodle arm, and Vilma who is way to small to play MLB in the 3-4, with an O-Line thats gonna get dominated by Wilfork and Warren along with a solid backup in Jarvis, oh yea... Leon Washington will never be anything more that a 3rd down back...

Lets get real here... With or without Seymour and Harrison, the Jets Suck Suck Suck with our Noodle Arm QB and a defense that cant stop the run... Let them say what they wanna say... Good teams find ways to win, bad teams find ways to fold when things get ugly... Just go ask the 06 Jets.

Harrison's absence is more troublesome than Seymour's absence. A healthy Jarvis Green is better than a 75% healthy Seymour. With Adalias Thomas roaming the middle of the field behind one of the best Nose's in the league - Wilfork - the absence of Seymour just doesn't panic me at all. I just don't believe the Pats run defense will have too many problems. What does concern me, however, is Harrison. He sets the tone for that defense. I keep thinking of the Indy game - no Harrison, no Wilson (who still takes bad angles on some pass plays), Hawkins (a very good vet back-up) was released last week, Sanders - second year guy who, although has potential, is still a little green and Merriweather. This could spell trouble against a team who's QB can't throw more than twenty yards downfield. If the Jets had a good TE I'd be very worried.

On the plus side - if you can call it that - the Pats (prohibitive favorites) have a rallying cry now. For some reason they like to view themselves as "us against the world" or the "we are disrespected" or "lets overcome our hardships." Hey - whatever works. :)

I just look at it like this... Not only can R.Harrison help stuff the run, but he is one of the leaders for the Patriots secondary, and not only can R.Seymour get after the QB, but he's also really good at stuffing the run in crutial defensive situations, and just like Harrison for the Secondary, Seymour is a leader for this Patriots Defensive line.

Not only did the Patriots lose 2 starters on the defensive side of the ball, they also lost 2 leaders in Seymour and Harrison... Thats like the Jets losing Vilma and K.Rhodes... It would never be a good thing for our D.

True.

The Patriots are not as good without Seymour. Harrison has missed so much time, but I digress.

Jarvis Green is not as good as Seymour. He did do a good job in the 2004 playoffs when Seymour was out. I think he will do a good job in Seymour's absence. Not great or all-pro, but good.

I wish there was Jets' position with depth so I could illustrate my point. ;)

I think Seymour loss will be felt more against SD, then the Jets. Out of the first six games, that made me nervous with Seymour, without is going to be tough.

Why you calling me out?

I can do that today. ;)

Thank you

I would be concerned about the DLine on opening day. it's going to be warm, and Warren and Wilfork both showed they get gassed easily (see AFC Championship game against Indy in the dome). it would be funny if the Jets run for 200 yards on opening day! haha!

I can do that today. ;)

Thank you

I would be concerned about the DLine on opening day. it's going to be warm, and Warren and Wilfork both showed they get gassed easily (see AFC Championship game against Indy in the dome). it would be funny if the Jets run for 200 yards on opening day! haha!

Yeah, it would be a hoot.

The Indy game set-up perfectly for the Colts.

During one stretch from the 2nd to the 4th, the Colts' offense ran 42 of 51 plays including a stretch of 29 of 30. The Patriots D was gassed, but just because the way the game broke.

Pats fans are funny. The overrate Harrison and underrate Samuel. The only thing we can all agree on is how good Seymore is. But apparently he is becoming the Chad Pennington of DEs. The pre-ironman Chad, that is. :)

When it is working well, the Patriots D can compensate for average CBs. Look at 2004. Law and Ty Poole are lost by week 6. Assante (a 2nd year 4th round pick) and Randal Gay (a rookie UDFA) can step in and the Patriots go on to win a Superbowl.

In 2005, Harrison was lost for the season in week 3 and the Patriots went through several candidates before finding an adequate replacement for Harrison.

Assante is a lot better then Harrison, but the Patriots can afford to lose Harrison least.

Richard Seymour is a great player but this by no means will hurt the Patriots as much as some of you believe it will. Jarvis Green would start on the Jets' defensive line and he's probably one of the best back-up Defensive Ends in the game. The line will take a hit, but not a major one.

Richard Seymour is a great player but this by no means will hurt the Patriots as much as some of you believe it will. Jarvis Green would start on the Jets' defensive line and he's probably one of the best back-up Defensive Ends in the game. The line will take a hit, but not a major one.

You can take that Jets jersey off at any time. We all know there is a Tom Brady one underneath it. :P

You can take that Jets jersey off at any time. We all know there is a Tom Brady one underneath it. :P

I think everybody just wants me to be a Patriots fan because I understand their depth and I put the hatred besides except on gameday. I like to talk intelligent Football, not:

"OMG OMG OMG, SEYMOUR AND HARRISON OUT THEY'RE ****ED WER'E GONNA WIN 27,244 TO 6 !!!!!!!! YEAH!!!"

:)

Hey ALK, Im gonna cancel the bet man... For 2 reasons, #1... When the JEts beat the Patriots, I actually want you to be here to eat some of your crow... It would just be way to easy for you to leave, then comeback 1 month later when the Patriots are 3-1 and start that trash talking once again...

Also, if the Pats lose...I dont want you to have to be gone for 30 days... I know you may hate me and all, but what can I say? Your ok in my book ALK, and your one hell of a NE fan... And as a Jets fan, I can respect that.

Hey ALK, Im gonna cancel the bet man... For 2 reasons, #1... When the JEts beat the Patriots, I actually want you to be here to eat some of your crow... It would just be way to easy for you to leave, then comeback 1 month later when the Patriots are 3-1 and start that trash talking once again...

Also, if the Pats lose...I dont want you to have to be gone for 30 days... I know you may hate me and all, but what can I say? Your ok in my book ALK, and your one hell of a NE fan... And as a Jets fan, I can respect that.

shaven-pussy.jpg

Chicken_xing_thumb_640.jpg

Tell ya what. We'll make a stipulation that if the Patriots lose, I have to come back here that day and my vacation won't begin until that monday.

Archived