Whats up with S.Rice?

DefenseWinsChampionships

Yea I know I have made threads today about Q.Moses and A.Pittman, but this is one player who I know can come into the starting role for the Jets, and do his job as a RDE.

I mean last year he was hurt... But at the same time, just look at his sack numbers from 2001-2005... He had 5 seasons with double digit sacks... He's still only 33 and has a good 2-3 seasons left if you ask me. When healthy Rice can get to the QB with the best of em, and if he aint making the sack, he's usually putting some kind of pressure on Quarterbacks. I live in Tampa, I have seen Rice play many of games, and as a sports fan I know one thing... He is far from washed up. I say it's worth a shot at the very least.

P.S. He would also help me in Madden Online for the simple fact having a speed DE is KEY in Madden online, lol...

We run a 3-4. Simeon Rice would not be a defensive end in the 3-4. When are people going to realize that 260 pound defensive ends are LBs in the 3-4? I am sick of this stupid ****. "Sign Dwight Freeney!", "Sign Simeon Rice!", "Sign Quentin Moses!". Here is a suggestion, not to the front office, but to dip****s like DWC: Learn how a ****ing 3-4 works.

We run a 3-4. Simeon Rice would not be a defensive end in the 3-4. When are people going to realize that 260 pound defensive ends are LBs in the 3-4? I am sick of this stupid ****. "Sign Dwight Freeney!", "Sign Simeon Rice!", "Sign Quentin Moses!". Here is a suggestion, not to the front office, but to dip****s like DWC: Learn how a ****ing 3-4 works.

lol

Sort of like the "move Vilma to OLB" crowd?

Go get laid or something bro... Really

POTW Nomination. Well said.

The Troll is 100% right, we all call for these players who have to business playing in a 3-4 scheme. The scheme isnt designed around speedy defensive ends by any means, let's learn the scheme before we call for all these players who have no business on our roster. The sad thing is Vilma who is a probowl middle linebacker in a 4-3 defense on any other team may not be on this roster next season b/c of the 3-4 scheme

Well said. And just because a guy was a beastly 4-3 DE doesn't mean he'll automatically be a sackmaster OLB in the 3-4.

GOD, when are you people going to learn? There are reasons why people are available. Just because you recognize their name and they used to be good, don't get so excited. Tangini know what they are doing. And when they do make a mistake (Kimo), they correct it.

Archived