Confessions of a Chiefs Fan

Roger Vick

Hi All,

I'm a season ticket holder of the Chiefs, and my family has been for the last two decades or so. I'm not a fairweather type, and I consider myself a passionate, and fairly well-informed football fan.

With that being said, I've never been as completely ashamed and embarrassed of any coach attached to our franchise as I am of Herm Edwards, and that includes Greg Robinson.

I really like watching "Hard Knocks", but it seems pretty clear from just a few episodes that Herm is more of a politician concerned with his standing among the league office and his friends (in this case the players) than he is winning football games. Many times on there he's made a complete ass out of himself and the franchise, beginning with the ridiculous Freshman Cheerleader "Welcome to Training Camp" sign and extending through is treatment of the players, his handling of rough situations, etc.

When Kyle Turley gets involved in a fight all we hear is "we need a new right tackle, we need a new right tackle," when what should have been done was a thorough, and well publicized ass-chewing for getting himself thrown out of the game.

He spends all of the preseason so terrified of injury, that we stand no hope in the first two games of the year, because we haven't practiced any of our offensive or defensive schemes.

Yesterday, of course, was the icing on the cake, where not more than one year removed from saying he wouldn't tinker with our offense, he had the audacity to claim that scoring 30 a game isn't really football, it's "Arena League".

I still dont' understand how in the hell this buffoon ever got a job doing anything other than defensive back scouting. He's a complete blight on our franchise, and he has this Chiefs fan's hopes lower than any season I can recall.

So for all of you that are accused of trolling on Chiefs boards, be rest assured that your predictions and warnings did not universally fall on deaf ears.

But how can you cope with an idiot of this magnitude??

Herm talks a good game and that is very impressive when you first see him. As he gets some road behind him you begin to realize that he is a know nothing windbag that likes to ramble and hear himself preach. I have no animosity towards the Chiefs, but I sincerely believe that they will be one of the worst teams in the league by the time Herm is finished. Of course he will have a million and one reasons why things went south, none that involve him. Hopefully the Chiefs bounce this buffoon before he destroys the franchise. Good luck, you'll need it.

Hi All,

I'm a season ticket holder of the Chiefs, and my family has been for the last two decades or so. I'm not a fairweather type, and I consider myself a passionate, and fairly well-informed football fan.

With that being said, I've never been as completely ashamed and embarrassed of any coach attached to our franchise as I am of Herm Edwards, and that includes Greg Robinson.

I really like watching "Hard Knocks", but it seems pretty clear from just a few episodes that Herm is more of a politician concerned with his standing among the league office and his friends (in this case the players) than he is winning football games. Many times on there he's made a complete ass out of himself and the franchise, beginning with the ridiculous Freshman Cheerleader "Welcome to Training Camp" sign and extending through is treatment of the players, his handling of rough situations, etc.

When Kyle Turley gets involved in a fight all we hear is "we need a new right tackle, we need a new right tackle," when what should have been done was a thorough, and well publicized ass-chewing for getting himself thrown out of the game.

He spends all of the preseason so terrified of injury, that we stand no hope in the first two games of the year, because we haven't practiced any of our offensive or defensive schemes.

Yesterday, of course, was the icing on the cake, where not more than one year removed from saying he wouldn't tinker with our offense, he had the audacity to claim that scoring 30 a game isn't really football, it's "Arena League".

I still dont' understand how in the hell this buffoon ever got a job doing anything other than defensive back scouting. He's a complete blight on our franchise, and he has this Chiefs fan's hopes lower than any season I can recall.

So for all of you that are accused of trolling on Chiefs boards, be rest assured that your predictions and warnings did not universally fall on deaf ears.

First off....Action Jackson kicks ass.

Second... I feel bad for you guys. He is going to run LJ into the ground and bury your franchise but you have no one to blame but Carl Peterson.

Herm is a pair of clown shoes. Good luck.

Hi All,

Pray for humiliating defeats & that after winning only 4 games he demands his 2nd raise in 3 years & takes his complaints to the media. So much so that Peterson & the Hunt family want him out of there.

You may get your wish faster than we did. You only had a solid corps on offense & it was an aging one at that. Ours was solid on offense & defense & they weren't at the end of their careers. The only problem is that he parlays an injury-filled or talent-starved year into extensions, claiming that no one could have had a decent season under those scenarios.

I feel for you. The worst part is feeling like you're the only one who actually knows it, as any criticism of Herm will likely fall on deaf ears. It will take years for your Chiefs-fan brethren to realize what a buffoon he is. Some will follow him blindly for as long as he's employed by your franchise, simply because he IS employed by your franchise. It is a painful experience to go through for the fan who wants a superbowl.

We had him for 5 years & there are still people who consider his gross under-performance considering the talent we once had to be "good" or "successful" around here; all because he led a team with enough talent to get to a bowl (with superior coaching) to 9 or 10 wins a few times. Few here had their sights set on 11-13-win seasons which we clearly had the talent to achieve. They get satisfied with mediocrity and are ecstatic with a game or two above that. They don't mind losses to good teams & assume 11+ win teams are unbeatable so we should accept those losses as inevitable pre-determinted results. Herm will even have journalists & some of your co-fans convinced that being the one of a bunch of 9-7 teams to make the playoffs (where he got his ass handed to him) is a resounding success, while the prior year somehow missing the playoffs with a 10-6 record was an abysmal failure.

I do not envy the Chiefs for the next couple of years. There may be worse coaches out there, but there may not be a worse coach for your franchise to employ. Those even-worse coaches will get fired before an opportunity or a singular talent (like you have in LJ) passes the team by. Herm will bleed the franchise dry until any window has closed shut. The only way to keep your hopes up is the thought that maybe someone will actually shoot him before he quits or gets fired.

Hi All,

POTW nom!

Welcome to JN, Hamas!

The problem is that there are morons like Terry Bradway and Carl Peterson out there that will follow Herm blindly.

Your only hope is to get rid of Carl Peterson.

Good luck on Sunday! :cheers:

As I'm sitting here reading this, Herm is on tv with that stupid NFLShop commercial directing the kids modeling the NFL merchandise. I guess when you don't actually come up with a game plan, or have any say in the roster (which it doesn't appear that he really does with Petersen there), then you can take time out to make stupid commercials like this. Then when I see him on just about every NFL related commercial on the NFL Network, I'm SOOO glad he is not here anymore.

To answer your question about how you get through this....take up alcoholism as a new hobby :)

He got a job because our owner was a newbie and the old commish forced his affirmative action plan on us. I wish we had had an actual talented minority coach forced on us, like Lovie Smith or something, but instead the old Jet luck ran true to form and we got that idiot.

He got a job with you guys because the NY media loved him and his ties with Peterson. The thing is I think Herm will manage to alternate excuse filled seasons to get high draft picks with mediocre seasons of just sneaking into the playoffs. That is enough to get a lot of people hooked for some reason. Herm's style of coaching allows him to beat the worst coaches and least talented teams in the league fairly reliably.

He got a job because our owner was a newbie and the old commish forced his affirmative action plan on us. I wish we had had an actual talented minority coach forced on us, like Lovie Smith or something, but instead the old Jet luck ran true to form and we got that idiot.

He got a job with you guys because the NY media loved him and his ties with Peterson. The thing is I think Herm will manage to alternate excuse filled seasons to get high draft picks with mediocre seasons of just sneaking into the playoffs. That is enough to get a lot of people hooked for some reason. Herm's style of coaching allows him to beat the worst coaches and least talented teams in the league fairly reliably.

Wow, having a non-white coach was torture for you? How about getting rid of your non-white players as well (and let's see how successful your team will be without them)?

Too bad you can't grasp that diversity isn't a bane, but a BLESSING.

Wow, having a non-white coach was torture for you? How about getting rid of your non-white players as well (and let's see how successful your team will be without them)?

Dude he didn't say that. And frankly it is exactly how Herm was hired. He was totally unqualified & ill-prepared for such a rapid promotion; 2 months before he was in charge of a whole team & a slew of coaches, he was in charge of 6 DB's and zero coaches.

Sweetheart, where exactly did he say anything of that nature? In fact at the time most Jets fans were praying for Marvin Lewis. At least Lewis had a track record as a successful Defensive Coordinator, as did Lovie Smith. Both were in playoff hunts and Tagliabue called Woody Johnson and pitched a very strong case for Herm Edwards to satisfy the minority clause. He strongly felt a black HC in NY would go a long way towards the cause for minority coaches, which it definitely would and did. The problem was that Woody wouldn't stand his ground at the time as a new inexperienced owner and wait until the QUALIFIED minority candidates were available.

I always love when people immediately jump on somebody who says something negtive about a minority's performance as if it is always a racist motive. The only thing nearly as bad as racism itself is blindly assuming a racist attitude of others when they express criticism towards a minority. Newsflash-Herm Edwards is a bad Head Coach. Not because he's black, but because he's a bad coach. Tom Coughlin isn't bad because he's white, is he? Would you immediately assume that someone saying negative comment about Coughlin must be racist towards whites? It's your attitude of assumption that does nothing but help perpetuate the problem.

Dude he didn't say that. And frankly it is exactly how Herm was hired. He was totally unqualified & ill-prepared for such a rapid promotion; 2 months before he was in charge of a whole team & a slew of coaches, he was in charge of 6 DB's and zero coaches.

:yawn:English isn't my second language, girlfriend, lol! By implying that Edwards was 'forced' onto the Jets (or any other non-white coach on any franchise) did speak volumes of his/her disdain for diversity. He/she merely could've stated that he/she was unhappy with Edwards' newbieness, not remark on his ethnicity. Herm being Black wasn't the problem; his lack of qualifications were. And do not attempt to speak for the Bears organization. They did not have to hire Coach Lovie; they were only required to have an equal opportunity for interviewing non-white candidates for HC. That's the same for all franchises. Ron Rivera and Mike Singletary interviewed for at least 4 HC jobs around the league last year and were not hired. That in and of itself tanks the 'forced minority hiring' theory.

:yawn:English isn't my second language, girlfriend, lol! By implying that Edwards was 'forced' onto the Jets (or any other non-white coach on any franchise) did speak volumes of his disdain for diversity. He/she merely could've stated that he/she was unhappy with Edwards' newbieness, not remark on his ethnicity. Herm being Black wasn't the problem; his lack of qualifications were. And do not attempt to speak for the Bears organization. they did not have to hire Coach Lovie; they were only required to have an equal opportunity to interview non-white candidates for HC. That's the same for all franchises. Ron Rivera and Mike Singletary interviewed for at least 4 HC jobs around the league last year and were not hired. That in and of itself tanks the 'forced minority hiring' theory.

Reading comprehension is apparently a problem for you. Herm's ethnicity is exactly why he got the job, he did not have the talent or experience otherwise for it. I would have been happy with a number of minority HCs instead of Herm, and in my original post I even mention Lovie Smith by name, who is ENTIRELY black instead of half white with a German blonde blue eyed mother like Herm. I'd also have been happy with Rivera or Marvin Lewis or a number of other candidates. Herm is just incompetent and did not deserve the job.

As Boozer and others have stated, you perpetuate the problem.

Hi All,

Now that we're past the ridiculously uncalled for accusations of racism, I can address your question. The number one issue that you will run into with Herm i the unwavering support he will have from the press. He continually feeds them tidbits to write about, keeping them busy with work. Because of this they will almost never criticize him or his strategies (or lack there of).

The funny thing about it is Herm is by no means a stupid man. He knows his strengths and he knows his weaknesses. I will also go so far as to say he knows that his coaching strategy will certainly wear tired after a while on both the fans and his players. He is one hell of a motivational speaker, make no doubt about it. Bu as players you can only hear so many speeches before it finally starts losing the effect. Eventually they will need more. What Herm lacks is sound strategy skills on gameday and even preparing for during the week.

The bottom line is Herm is very good for a group of fairly talented players who just aren't clicking for some reason. His motivation tactics can turn a unit with no chemistry into a group of short term overachievers. But for him to be a top tier superbowl coach, he needs top tier coordinators with him. He did not have that with NY and other than Cunningham I don't really think he does with KC either.

:yawn:English isn't my second language, girlfriend, lol! By implying that Edwards was 'forced' onto the Jets (or any other non-white coach on any franchise) did speak volumes of his/her disdain for diversity. He/she merely could've stated that he/she was unhappy with Edwards' newbieness, not remark on his ethnicity. Herm being Black wasn't the problem; his lack of qualifications were. And do not attempt to speak for the Bears organization. They did not have to hire Coach Lovie; they were only required to have an equal opportunity to interview non-white candidates for HC. That's the same for all franchises. Ron Rivera and Mike Singletary interviewed for at least 4 HC jobs around the league last year and were not hired. That in and of itself tanks the 'forced minority hiring' theory.

The problem with this is that any Jets fan or anyone who followed the NFL knows this is exactly why Herm was hired. It's no a conspiracy theory. It's the truth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooney_Rule

He is not saying anything against giving a minority coach a job,He is simply saying he has a problem with which coach they did give the job too and the way in which he was given it. The rule itself was in place and the commish went out of his way to get Herm a job. He wanted Herm to be the Poster boy for this rule. The problem is Herm wasn't qualified to be that guy and he has proven it from the sideline week in and week out for the last 6 yrs.

Now that we're past the ridiculously uncalled for accusations of racism, I can address your question. The number one issue that you will run into with Herm i the unwavering support he will have from the press. He continually feeds them tidbits to write about, keeping them busy with work. Because of this they will almost never criticize him or his strategies (or lack there of).

The funny thing about it is Herm is by no means a stupid man. He knows his strengths and he knows his weaknesses. I will also go so far as to say he knows that his coaching strategy will certainly wear tired after a while on both the fans and his players. He is one hell of a motivational speaker, make no doubt about it. Bu as players you can only hear so many speeches before it finally starts losing the effect. Eventually they will need more. What Herm lacks is sound strategy skills on gameday and even preparing for during the week.

The bottom line is Herm is very good for a group of fairly talented players who just aren't clicking for some reason. His motivation tactics can turn a unit with no chemistry into a group of short term overachievers. But for him to be a top tier superbowl coach, he needs top tier coordinators with him. He did not have that with NY and other than Cunningham I don't really think he does with KC either.

Yeah but we've seen how bad gameplanning can sink even the most talented teams. On paper the Chargers really should have won a Super Bowl last year. Cam Cameron is also a great OC. Yet still, Marty found a way to lose. He even abandoned Marty ball thinking that would work, but it failed miserably, the one time Marty ball might have gotten them the win (LT slashed them for what, 5 ypc? LT carried that team the entire year, a good HC probably should have overrident the OC and called LT's number more).

I think in the end you don't need the motivational speaker at all to be honest. I doubt Norv Turner can motivate an angry mob, but I think he just might be able to pull off atleast an AFC Championship appearance this year.

:yawn:English isn't my second language, girlfriend, lol! By implying that Edwards was 'forced' onto the Jets (or any other non-white coach on any franchise) did speak volumes of his/her disdain for diversity. He/she merely could've stated that he/she was unhappy with Edwards' newbieness, not remark on his ethnicity. Herm being Black wasn't the problem; his lack of qualifications were. And do not attempt to speak for the Bears organization. They did not have to hire Coach Lovie; they were only required to have an equal opportunity for interviewing non-white candidates for HC. That's the same for all franchises. Ron Rivera and Mike Singletary interviewed for at least 4 HC jobs around the league last year and were not hired. That in and of itself tanks the 'forced minority hiring' theory.

Maybe it is your second language. I was hardly speaking for the Bears franchise as you claim I did. Also, he/she is not a word. The masculine form is the default gender in the English language. It's just "he" & that's that. You seem to be the one who is afraid to speak plainly, out of a hypersensitive concern of offending anyone you deem to be beyond criticism or beyond reproach due to gender or ethnicity, unless those people are not members of a minority you sympathize with. So get off your soap-box. Live your life the way you want to live it & let others do the same.

Getting back on point, there is not a single person around that thinks Herm was at the top of the list of all available coaches at the time. He was the like the first "graduate" of Tagliabue's minority coach training program; a program others who were competent on their own refused to enroll in as they felt it was insulting. Your own coach is one of those who declined such enrollment.

Further, it is hardly a secret that hiring a minority HC was part of a handshake deal with Woody Johnson getting the franchise. As I recall, he was not the highest bidder; the Dolans were.

Herm is an idiot. He was unqualified. He never should have been handed a job that was over his head in the first place.

Sweetheart, where exactly did he say anything of that nature? In fact at the time most Jets fans were praying for Marvin Lewis. At least Lewis had a track record as a successful Defensive Coordinator, as did Lovie Smith. Both were in playoff hunts and Tagliabue called Woody Johnson and pitched a very strong case for Herm Edwards to satisfy the minority clause. He strongly felt a black HC in NY would go a long way towards the cause for minority coaches, which it definitely would and did. The problem was that Woody wouldn't stand his ground at the time as a new inexperienced owner and wait until the QUALIFIED minority candidates were available.

I always love when people immediately jump on somebody who says something negtive about a minority's performance as if it is always a racist motive. The only thing nearly as bad as racism itself is blindly assuming a racist attitude of others when they express criticism towards a minority. Newsflash-Herm Edwards is a bad Head Coach. Not because he's black, but because he's a bad coach. Tom Coughlin isn't bad because he's white, is he? Would you immediately assume that someone saying negative comment about Coughlin must be racist towards whites? It's your attitude of assumption that does nothing but help perpetuate the problem.

great post B-76 POTW nom

and on edit I TOO wanted Marvin Lewis first over everybody else at the time

Reading comprehension is apparently a problem for you. Herm's ethnicity is exactly why he got the job, he did not have the talent or experience otherwise for it. I would have been happy with a number of minority HCs instead of Herm, and in my original post I even mention Lovie Smith by name, who is ENTIRELY black instead of half white with a German blonde blue eyed mother like Herm. I'd also have been happy with Rivera or Marvin Lewis or a number of other candidates. Herm is just incompetent and did not deserve the job.

As Boozer and others have stated, you perpetuate the problem.

:yawn:That is not why Herm was hired. Read the league's policy on the interviewing process, please. No team is 'forced' to hire a non-white HC, but they are required to open the interviewing process to them. My point (which you all obviously miss, so your reading comprehension is in question, not mine) is Herm's ethnicity has no bearing on his ABILITIES AS A HC. You either have the skills, can acquire them or you don't, simple as that. I wasn't too thrilled with some of the HCs of my favorite teams and I'm glad they're gone. You are the problem, because ethnicity should've NEVER been brought into the conversation at all. And yes, I will call out the haters on that because it's foul, no matter how you slice it.

In sports (as in life) one's character and abilities are the only things that should matter.

Yeah but we've seen how bad gameplanning can sink even the most talented teams. On paper the Chargers really should have won a Super Bowl last year. Cam Cameron is also a great OC. Yet still, Marty found a way to lose. He even abandoned Marty ball thinking that would work, but it failed miserably, the one time Marty ball might have gotten them the win (LT slashed them for what, 5 ypc? LT carried that team the entire year, a good HC probably should have overrident the OC and called LT's number more).

I think in the end you don't need the motivational speaker at all to be honest. I doubt Norv Turner can motivate an angry mob, but I think he just might be able to pull off atleast an AFC Championship appearance this year.

I think if it took one extreme or another I would choose strategist over motivational. But I do think you have to have some sort of motivation skill. I look at Ray Handley for example. That guy was known to be one of the greatest football strategists around, yet he couldn't lead a group of football players out of a wet paper bag. Belicheck is clearly a strategist, but make no mistake he is a motivator as well. Motivational is not always through glorious speeches. Hell a simple stern look can get the point across in the loudest volumes of all. It omes down to the man who is delivering the motivation. Herms speeches certainly can get you ired up and ready to go. His introduction speech in NY had me ready to run through a wall. But in the end, you have to believe that the leader can lead with skill as well, and that's the point where Herm comes up short. That is the point where he strts losing his players. That's why I said earlier that his act is not long term for an individual team. And I think he knows it. In fact he's even said in the past that there comes a point where players stop hearing you, and that's when it's time to move on.

That is why I say he is so smart in certain respects. By playing favorably with the media, he will always have national support to get a job at the next place when his act grows tired at his current job, and he'll smell like roses to everyone but the team he has left.

:yawn:That is not why Herm was hired. Read the league's policy on the interviewing process, please. No team is 'forced' to hire a non-white HC, but they are required to open the interviewing process to them. My point (which you all obviously miss, so your reading comprehension is in question, not mine) is Herm's ethnicity has no bearing on his ABILITIES AS A HC. You either have the skills, can acquire them or you don't, simple as that. I wasn't too thrilled with some of the HCs of my favorite teams and I'm glad they're gone. You are the problem, because ethnicity should've NEVER been brought into the conversation at all. And yes, I will call out the haters on that because it's foul, no matter how you slice it.

In sports (as in life) one's character and abilities are the only things that should matter.

:rl:

So no deal gets done because that's not the written way a rule is to be implemented? There are no back-door deals or favoritism shown? If that's the case, as you purport, then why do we need a Rooney Rule in the first place? Because preferential treatment only works one way & never the other?

Lol.

How was the weather in Utopia today? 74 degrees with no clouds and no wind again?

Good Lord.

back to the original post....

I have been watching Hard Knocks every Wednesday night and have YET TO SEE Herman Edwards and either Gunther or Krumrie say word one to each other. Oh and don't even ASK us about friggin Dick Curl OMG-now that guy is totally useless...but hey one thing I HAVE learned is that this is Carl's team NOT Herm's anyway...

I have been watching Hard Knocks every Wednesday night and have YET TO SEE Herman Edwards and either Gunther or Krumrie say word one to each other. Oh and don't even ASK us about friggin Dick Curl OMG-now that guy is totally useless...but hey one thing I HAVE learned is that this is Carl's team NOT Herm's anyway...

Dick Curl can't say anything or his dentures would fall out. His pearly white dentures (sorry to bring the color of his false teeth into the conversation)

My point (which you all obviously miss, so your reading comprehension is in question, not mine) is Herm's ethnicity has no bearing on his ABILITIES AS A HC. You either have the skills, can acquire them or you don't, simple as that.

We're missing that point!!????? Are you kidding!!??? Every single one of us has expressed that exact point!! We don't care that he was black, we care that he was a bad coach!

As to the reason he was hired, we all know the Rooney rule was in place, but unlike every other team that follows the Rooney rule, we also got a visit directly from Tagliabue himself strongly urging Woody to specifically hire Herm. Herm was the only guy we even interviewed. Who better for Tagliabue to do that to than the new inexperienced owner in the largest metropolis in the country? Most owners would have told him to go scratch, Woody gave in. I have no problem that we hired a black coach-I have a problem with the fact that we hired a guy that had absolutely zero experience even as a coordinator in the NFL or college to be our HC without even interviewing a single other person thanks simply to Tagliabue's pressure. I wanted us to wait for the playoffs to finish and strongly pursue Marvin Lewis.

Seriously, how old are you? Character and abilities should be the only thing that matters, but it doesn't. Ever hear of minority hiring?

Roger Vick.

You only hope for salvation is in humor. At some point, even though he is skewaring the football team you love, you are simply going to have to bust a gut out loud at what a laughing stock he has turned your franchise into. That has been the only saving grace for many of Jets fans.

You are going to find some of your relationships with your fellow Chiefs fans become strained over this. Herm is a polarizing force and he will throw absolutley anybody under the bus in order to save his own a$$. He will play the race card however obliquely if he thinks it will help. He did it here. People don't want to be wrong about him so many of them have started off by giving him the benefit of the doubt to begin with no matter how dopey he sounds. I am sure that anyone questioing him over at Chiefsplanaet is accused of not being a real Chiefs fan or some such.... Been there done that.

He is all the things you said in your post and worse. Ever so much worse. He is brilliant at cultivating excuses and fall guys well in advance of when he may actually be called upon to use them. The "non-support" support of your Offensive coordinator is perfect a case in point. We saw him pull that trick twice with the Jets. Once with Teddy Cottrell and once with Paul Hackett. Let's just say the when we heard that there as a "Breakdown in communications" between Herm and your OC at one point last year, that was Herm's way of tossing the guy under the bus, dusitng him off and then keeping him around in case he needs to really throw him under the bus this year. Say, if you have another stellar offensive performance like the one you had in the playoffs.

In the mean time he gets to play the part of the HC "standing by his man" yet at the same time letting everyone else in Christendom know that it was the OC's fault. When the final parting of the ways comes then Herm can play the part of the Head Coach whose only crime was being too loyal to his guys.... Puhleeze.... In fact nothing could be further from the truth. Everyone also conveniently agrees to have amnesia about who put the OC into the job or retained him in the first place... You wanna guess where the buck is never ever going to stop?

Effing brilliant... He gets away with playing the affable buffoon on the Chief's dime while driving your franchise into the ground... Hey, let me see.... You had an "old franchise" when Herm arrived right?.... No new coach coming into that could be expected to succeed without a full rebuild with so many players over 30, right?.... Whoohoo... Herm lining up his 2nd 5-year contract or failing that, a ready made excuse for why he failed.

Do not underestimate this man's ability to manipulate the media and everyone and every thing around him when it comes keeping his job. The media become lazy when the Herm Circus is in town. Literally giving a press conference every day at some points. Why work for a living if you are a reporter when Herm is going to feed you your copy directly? Was it the Chiefs who were featured on the HBO training camp series that just finished up or was it Herman Edwards who was featured with a few football players thrown in for good measure? I will leave you to answer that one.

You have had one and a bit seasons of this and it is only going to get worse. Buckle up and hold tight.

Read everything ever written by Sperm Edwards on this subject. He is completely hilarious and possibly the funniest poster on the planet when it comes to Herm. If he wasn't a dirtbag mod then I could even get to like the guy.

i love how dick curl said he wanted to start brodie and looked to herm to say "see coach, we agree" but then peterson shot down the idea and said "we want to win now." curl started nodding as if that's what he meant from the get go and herm looked at curl like he had 2 heads... despite agreeing with him earlier. pathetic snake oil salesman.

Roger Vick.

You only hope for salvation is in humor. At some point, even though he is skewaring the football team you love, you are simply going to have to bust a gut out loud at what a laughing stock he has turned your franchise into. That has been the only saving grace for many of Jets fans.

You are going to find some of your relationships with your fellow Chiefs fans become strained over this. Herm is a polarizing force and he will throw absolutley anybody under the bus in order to save his own a$$. He will play the race card however obliquely if he thinks it will help. He did it here. People don't want to be wrong about him so many of them have started off by giving him the benefit of the doubt to begin with no matter how dopey he sounds. I am sure that anyone questioing him over at Chiefsplanaet is accused of not being a real Chiefs fan or some such.... Been there done that.

He is all the things you said in your post and worse. Ever so much worse. He is brilliant at cultivating excuses and fall guys well in advance of when he may actually be called upon to use them. The "non-support" support of your Offensive coordinator is perfect a case in point. We saw him pull that trick twice with the Jets. Once with Teddy Cottrell and once with Paul Hackett. Let's just say the when we heard that there as a "Breakdown in communications" between Herm and your OC at one point last year, that was Herm's way of tossing the guy under the bus, dusitng him off and then keeping him around in case he needs to really throw him under the bus this year. Say, if you have another stellar offensive performance like the one you had in the playoffs.

In the mean time he gets to play the part of the HC "standing by his man" yet at the same time letting everyone else in Christendom know that it was the OC's fault. When the final parting of the ways comes then Herm can play the part of the Head Coach whose only crime was being too loyal to his guys.... Puhleeze.... In fact nothing could be further from the truth. Everyone also conveniently agrees to have amnesia about who put the OC into the job or retained him in the first place... You wanna guess where the buck is never ever going to stop?

Effing brilliant... He gets away with playing the affable buffoon on the Chief's dime while driving your franchise into the ground... Hey, let me see.... You had an "old franchise" when Herm arrived right?.... No new coach coming into that could be expected to succeed without a full rebuild with so many players over 30, right?.... Whoohoo... Herm lining up his 2nd 5-year contract or failing that, a ready made excuse for why he failed.

Do not underestimate this man's ability to manipulate the media and everyone and every thing around him when it comes keeping his job. The media become lazy when the Herm Circus is in town. Literally giving a press conference every day at some points. Why work for a living if you are a reporter when Herm is going to feed you your copy directly? Was it the Chiefs who were featured on the HBO training camp series that just finished up or was it Herman Edwards who was featured with a few football players thrown in for good measure? I will leave you to answer that one.

You have had one and a bit seasons of this and it is only going to get worse. Buckle up and hold tight.

Read everything ever written by Sperm Edwards on this subject. He is completely hilarious and possibly the funniest poster on the planet when it comes to Herm. If he wasn't a dirtbag mod then I could even get to like the guy.

I voted Sperm best overall poster last year because of his spectacular Herm bashing posts, and his other football posts. and being the resident JN salary cap guru.

But who knew being a Mod was dragging him down. :P

Good post EM31

Archived