" JETS HAVE GLARING HOLE ON LEFT SIDE OF THE LINE " ~ ~ ~

kelly

from PFT :

Thu Sep-06-07 07:21 PM

JETS HAVE GLARING HOLE ON LEFT SIDE OF THE LINE

On Sunday, Jets G.M. Mike Tannenbaum will likely be cringing with every snap that the offense takes, hoping that former I-AA lineman Jacob Bender or previously unwanted Ohio State product Adrien Clarke don't get thrown into the backfield from the position previously occupied by Pete Kendall.

Tannenbaum and company opted to play the tough guy with Kendall, refusing to give him a $1 million raise in 2007 despite an alleged promise to re-adjust a deal that Kendall revised last year at the team's behest. The veteran was a disruption during training camp and the preseason, eventually prompting the team to trade him.And while the move solved the problem of having a pissed-off Pete Kendall in the building, there's now a glaring hole on the left side of the line, between 2006 first-round center Nick Mangold and 2006 first-round tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

Bender, who last year at this time was playing for Nicholls State (which we think is in the U.S.), reportedly will get the start. But the Jets' online depth chart shows Clarke as the No. 1 left guard. Either way, there's a chance that a huge leak will be sprung when the Pats come to town on Sunday -- and that quarterback Chad Pennington could be drowned by the ensuing sea of silver helmets.

why is no one making a big deal about the colts losing their LT this year and having an unknown rookie (who played quite well last night) starting?

All media hype.

Exactly... Jet fans seem to wanna talk about our hole at LG ALL THE TIME... I'm sorry but Ferguson will not give up a sack against J.Green this week in the passing game, and Benfer/Clarke with the help of Mangold should beable to contain Wilfork and the our right side of the O-Line just needs to contain Warren... I just dont see this D-Line dominating us this week.

Why do you post the same out-dated stuff on every Jets board?

LOL!!!

The dynamics between the boards at this point is funny. Certain people start threads on every board but never post in them. Others hang at their home board only. Some post in a few spots. It is interesting actually.

LOL!!!

The dynamics between the boards at this point is funny. Certain people start threads on every board but never post in them. Others hang at their home board only. Some post in a few spots. It is interesting actually.

How about this one. We know a guy that posts for instance that he likes Chad on

one board and on another will like Clemens. And I'm talking about a few different

Jet boards.

Maybe Bender will turn out to be pretty good. I know a rookie out of I-AA is not supposed to be that good. But maybe Bender didn't get that memo. Maybe Mangini knows a little more about these things than sportswriters and fans. Or maybe Mangini doesn't care what impact getting rid of the now legendary Kendall will have on his team and felt it was more important to set an example.

Maybe Bender will turn out to be pretty good. I know a rookie out of I-AA is not supposed to be that good. But maybe Bender didn't get that memo. Maybe Mangini knows a little more about these things than sportswriters and fans. Or maybe Mangini doesn't care what impact getting rid of the now legendary Kendall will have on his team and felt it was more important to set an example.

I think its a little of both,

DBrick is like 6 pounds heavier this year. With his wingspan they don't even need a left guard. They are starting Bender so they can pull him and have him help out on the right side.

DBrick has it all under control. :P

DBrick looked like Fabini reborn in the preseason.

from PFT :

Thu Sep-06-07 07:21 PM

JETS HAVE GLARING HOLE ON LEFT SIDE OF THE LINE

On Sunday, Jets G.M. Mike Tannenbaum will likely be cringing with every snap that the offense takes, hoping that former I-AA lineman Jacob Bender or previously unwanted Ohio State product Adrien Clarke don't get thrown into the backfield from the position previously occupied by Pete Kendall.

Tannenbaum and company opted to play the tough guy with Kendall, refusing to give him a $1 million raise in 2007 despite an alleged promise to re-adjust a deal that Kendall revised last year at the team's behest. The veteran was a disruption during training camp and the preseason, eventually prompting the team to trade him.And while the move solved the problem of having a pissed-off Pete Kendall in the building, there's now a glaring hole on the left side of the line, between 2006 first-round center Nick Mangold and 2006 first-round tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

Bender, who last year at this time was playing for Nicholls State (which we think is in the U.S.), reportedly will get the start. But the Jets' online depth chart shows Clarke as the No. 1 left guard. Either way, there's a chance that a huge leak will be sprung when the Pats come to town on Sunday -- and that quarterback Chad Pennington could be drowned by the ensuing sea of silver helmets.

I know I have posted this at least 4 or 5 times myself. NO S#$T. 1 Million Dollars!!

Remember Austin Powers 2? 1 million dollars may ruin the season. Unless they trade Barrett+ a pick or Dyson.

Bender? give me a break, please.

DBrick is like 6 pounds heavier this year. With his wingspan they don't even need a left guard. They are starting Bender so they can pull him and have him help out on the right side.

Is he really Max? I know what he reported in at, but with those two a days, I bet he is below or at 300 again.

Max, against the only real quality DL he faced in preseason, he was beaten like a drum. He gave up 10 sacks last year. I am not so certain of BRICK being a dominant LT. I think a few years down the line he will be better but right now he is scary protecting our QB's blind side. His understudy is even worse. A.Jones is terrible!

Archived