Cowboys | Wilson intends to write letter to NFL

Smizzy

Cowboys | Wilson intends to write letter to NFL

Fri, 14 Sep 2007 10:13:29 -0700

Ed Werder, of ESPN.com, reports suspended Dallas Cowboys quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson intends to write a letter to the National Football League office seeking an explanation for what he considers inconsistent enforcement of NFL policy following the punishment handed down to New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick. Wilson might attempt to determine whether he can appeal his five-game suspension for violating the league's policy on performance- enhancing drugs. "I would say there is definitely a double standard being applied here," Wilson said. "I don't want to be seen as a crybaby or as someone questioning the commissioner's decision, but I see some major inconsistencies here. To me, they're holding the organization accountable instead of the person." "I did something wrong, but I did it only to benefit myself, not to gain a competitive advantage," Wilson added.

It's bull****.

they cheat and steal a win costing the Jets a division game and a QB and get no suspensions... and Wilson gets 5 games and has no effect on the outcome of any games or players

Players like P.Jones who get introuble OFF THE FIELD, get suspended for a whole year... BB cheats IN THE GAME, and never misses 1 game as the head coach of the Pats.

Hmm... I wonder what hurts the game more? Pac Man Jones getting introuble OFF THE FIELD, or BB CHEATING ON THE FIELD...

i wish you were right SJ, but it's over.

The turd got a slap on the wrist. Can't blame Wilson for being upset.

How is it over? It's been 5 days since the incident and fans from all over (not just Jet fans) are upset over this. It won't change the punishment, but do you really think fans will forget about this? It's not over by a long shot.

This team will forever be linked to cheating...just like Barry "roid" Bonds.

How is it over? It's been 5 days since the incident and fans from all over (not just Jet fans) are upset over this. It won't change the punishment, but do you really think fans will forget about this? It's not over by a long shot.

This team will forever be linked to cheating...just like Barry "roid" Bonds.

and every fan in every seat in every away game will be chanting CHEATERS CHEATERS CHEATERS-Goodell focked up big time

and every fan in every seat in every away game will be chanting CHEATERS CHEATERS CHEATERS-Goodell focked up big time

I agree with that, but do you really think Lil Bill gives a crap what anyone thinks? Even his mother?

Kraft will get him the $500,000 back. Why not? What NFL owner wouldn't pay $750,000

and one draft pick, to know what play is coming next for 7 years.

I wouldn't be surprised to see equipment on the NE sidelines against the Chargers.

No one cares what the fans think. Goodell knew what the polls said before he did his, wink, wink deal with Lil Bill and Kraft.

Does Wade Wilson even make $500,000 a year? At the end of the day, the suspension might have been the better option for him.

He doesn't... but he was also fined 100k, if I recall, probably about 1/2 his salary, as opposed to the 500k being maybe 1/8th of Bill's?

Let's see, Wilson does something that doesn't affect anything outside of his bedroom, gets the 'perception' speech, and doesn't get to coach for 5 weeks.

Billy Boy cheats, for years apparently, is warned, does it again in flagrant violation, and gets no suspension and gets to keep a much larger percentage of his already much larger salary.

Yep, no double standard here, move along.

let's be real Jets fans, if the commish suspended Belly he'd still manage his team - short of throwing him in solitary confinement there is no way to stop him from providing gameplans. i mean cmon - he's such a scumbag he'd invite everyone to chinese food and put the notes in the fortune cookies. suspending bellichek would have been a hollow gesture.

let's be real Jets fans, if the commish suspended Belly he'd still manage his team - short of throwing him in solitary confinement there is no way to stop him from providing gameplans. i mean cmon - he's such a scumbag he'd invite everyone to chinese food and put the notes in the fortune cookies. suspending bellichek would have been a hollow gesture.

It wouldve been a less hollow gesture than the actual punishment, that was friggen hollow.

geez Matt what does THAT say? "Well we might as well not suspend him because he won'r abide by it anyway"

But it would have sent a message that this type of thing will not be tolerated in the future.

Bit I know what you are saying - but I would try to bust him further then slap the Team extremly hard for it if he was caught violating the suspension. Suspending BB would definitly hurt and should have been done even if it was semi window dressing.

you could make sure he wasn't contacting his team. come on with the technology today it isn't even hard to do. just monitor his activities.

Does Wade Wilson even make $500,000 a year? At the end of the day, the suspension might have been the better option for him.

HGH does not make Wade Wilson coach better. The fine for trying to help fight a disease should not be the same as the fine for cheating your way to three championships.

HGH does not make Wade Wilson coach better. The fine for trying to help fight a disease should not be the same as the fine for cheating your way to three championships.

It wasn't the same...unfortunately, the wrong person got punished with a harsher penalty :(

I hope he's successful. But he makes it sound so little kid. He's gonna break out the crayons and construction paper and write himself a letter to the big bad Commissioner man in New Yprkl City to complain 'bout his misfortune with these high falutin' funny lil'pills. Very cute. "Take a letter, Maria!'.

You're in the minority here I'm afraid. He needed to be sent a message. A 4 gamer would have done it. That would have been in addition to the punishment already handed out. I would have hoped it included NO contact with the team at the Taintriots facilities, practices etc.

You're in the minority here I'm afraid. He needed to be sent a message. A 4 gamer would have done it. That would have been in addition to the punishment already handed out. I would have hoped it included NO contact with the team at the Taintriots facilities, practices etc.

Suspend him, keep him wired at all times, insert a GPS chip in his wrist, and another on the set. Make it so he can't go within 500 yards of any player. That would keep Belidick from talking. :P

Suspend him, keep him wired at all times, insert a GPS chip in his wrist, and another on the set. Make it so he can't go within 500 yards of any player. That would keep Belidick from talking. :P

I was thinking of inserting that GPS chip in another area of Belipricks body. :P

that guy shouldn't have even BEEN suspended TJ-and 100 grand from an assistant coach? Too severe a penalty in comparison to what Beli-Bonds got-or should it now be Beli-Rose?

Agreed. I don't blame Wade Wilson one iota. If I were him I'd be so Pissed right about now. He's not still playing . Taking HGH for his impotency problem (I'm sure he's just thrilled THAT came out ;) ) didn't effect the outcome of ANY game nor would it EVER effect the outcome of any game. Total double standard.

Archived