Question about that guy...whatshisname...Chadwick?

JetCane

Yes, I'm starting a thread about #10, and not because we havent had enough of them lately. So here's the question posed by a poster on another planet (not the pancake planet).

"and how ridiculous was it how he had his helmet on the whole game on the sideline, holding a ball, acting as if he was ready to go into the game? What about holding a clipboard? If I was Kellen, I'd have been insulted... What player who's not in the game stands there with his helmet on??? NO ONE BUT THE CHAD!

It was the worst display of supporting a teammate that I have ever seen on an NFL sideline.

Chad standing there with his helmet on and the ball under his arm as if to say: "Ok, rook, one mistake and you're out!"

I've never seen a backup QB wearing a helmet until the coaches told him to put it on.

Thoughts?

Chad Pennington is classless.

;-)

I think, well no, I know, as we all do, that Chad was dissapointed that he was not starting and not playing in the game. He felt as if he could play and Mangini still believed that Kellen gave the team the best chance to win. This obviously frusterated Chad and I too thought it was strange that he had his helmet on. You can say he was just listening to the plays, but do you really think thats what he was doing? I don't.

;-)

I think, well no, I know, as we all do, that Chad was dissapointed that he was not starting and not playing in the game. He felt as if he could play and Mangini still believed that Kellen gave the team the best chance to win. This obviously frusterated Chad and I too thought it was strange that he had his helmet on. You can say he was just listening to the plays, but do you really think thats what he was doing? I don't.

Listening to the plays? I thought they could only have one working headset? The way the Ravens pass rush was getting in, they might have wanted to have all qbs with helmets on in case of emergency.

FWIW, I thought it was odd, but the classless angle never struck me.

Jesus...talk about stretching to find a criticism. Whether you like Pennington, as a football player or not, the guy has never intentionally done anything in a disrectful manner. Some people could learn a lot from the way he handles himself in the public eye. Maybe wearing the helmet and clutching the ball was just a security blanket for a guy who felt like a fish out of water.

;-)

Too much sometimes....HTF do you know he wasn't listening to plays?

Yes, I'm starting a thread about #10, and not because we havent had enough of them lately. So here's the question posed by a poster on another planet (not the pancake planet).

"and how ridiculous was it how he had his helmet on the whole game on the sideline, holding a ball, acting as if he was ready to go into the game? What about holding a clipboard? If I was Kellen, I'd have been insulted... What player who's not in the game stands there with his helmet on??? NO ONE BUT THE CHAD!

It was the worst display of supporting a teammate that I have ever seen on an NFL sideline.

Chad standing there with his helmet on and the ball under his arm as if to say: "Ok, rook, one mistake and you're out!"

I've never seen a backup QB wearing a helmet until the coaches told him to put it on.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that I have seen enough Pennington posts to last a lifetime. It seems that the only posts these days are about CHAD. Fortunately there are 52 other JETS available to talk about. Too many guys seem to want to force their beliefes on the rest of us. If a Jets fan happens to disagree with posters about Sir CHADWICK, all heck breaks loose and we are forced to read a steady stream of CHAD- nonsense and propoganda. If the guy ever wins ,consistently, against the TOP teams and gets us a ring, he will be a favorite of all JETS fans, without question. Until then, if it ever happens, lets NOT make him seem like the second coming of JOE MONTANA. Let him prove it on the field and so far he has failed to do it! Beating weaker teams and fanning against NE, Baltimore, Pitts, Denver, just does not seem very impressive to some of us! GO JETS!

My thoughts are that I have seen enough Pennington posts to last a lifetime. It seems that the only posts these days are about CHAD. Fortunately there are 52 other JETS available to talk about. Too many guys seem to want to force their beliefes on the rest of us. If a Jets fan happens to disagree with posters about Sir CHADWICK, all heck breaks loose and we are forced to read a steady stream of CHAD- nonsense and propoganda. If the guy ever wins ,consistently, against the TOP teams and gets us a ring, he will be a favorite of all JETS fans, without question. Until then, if it ever happens, lets NOT make him seem like the second coming of JOE MONTANA. Let him prove it on the field and so far he has failed to do it! Beating weaker teams and fanning against NE, Baltimore, Pitts, Denver, just does not seem very impressive to some of us! GO JETS!
Co-signed..... If you had your Rep on KJ it would be filled with green bro

Too much sometimes....HTF do you know he wasn't listening to plays?

I noticed him with the helmet on during the game and i mentioned it to the Big Green Douche- he just said he's probably listening to the plays, and i accepted that as truth.

Everyone that has some kind of man love for kellen will bash Chad untill Chad is no longer a Jet. If Kellen fans dont bash Chad during and after the game, they will find a way to bash Chad even when he's on the sidelines... It's just funny to me, and Barton seems to be the leader of all the Kellen lovers, lmao... Grow up already.

As far as Chad not supporting Kellen on the sidelines... My ass, I guess you Kellen loves were to blind to see that Chad was always the first player to go and talk to Kellen when KC was walking towards the sidelines. Even KC said himself that Chad has shown him alot of support.

Say what you want about Chad... But the man is a leader, a winner and a team player... Just go ask L.Coles if Chad is a team player... The man took a pay cut so L.Coles could come back to NY... Thats a team player in my eyes.

I dont know about you all... But Chad showed the whole NFL the heart he has when he had to fight for his life just to get back to the sidelines in week 1... And then came back and put 7 on the boards... A great drive. I dont know about everyone else, but Im glad my starting QB wants to be in the game at all times... Thats a winner in my eyes.

Wow, even for the haters this is low.

Im gonna go ahead and believe kellen Clemens when he said this:

Seriously guys, some of you have a problem.

Exactly...

I'm a fan of any starting QB on the Jets... And I have always thought Chad was a good QB...And it's just to hard for me as a JETS FAN... To simply throw this man under the bus. Kellen has alot of potential and may have a great career, but I still want Chad as the QB as of right now.

Kellen lovers will find a way to knock Chad in the game, after the game, and even on the sidelines... Its never gonna end untill Chad is gone. And when 2-3 seasons go by without KC bringing us a SB ring... These same fans... Will be knocking KC and calling for the new rookie QB... Its never gonna end, im just gonna get use to it.

050219_TIP_vl.widec.jpg

HEEESS BACCKKK!!! RUN!!!

Your nuts man. I love this site and the Jets, but I just dont have the energy to come on this site when the Jets are loosing... I dont know if its just me... But it sucks to read about how bad the Jets suck when I still feel we are a playoff team.

But 0 turnovers and 0 sacks on the defensive side of the ball just aint gonna cut it. Im not knocking Mangini, it may be the players, but I thought he was a defensive genious... I would think we would look a little better on D than we have.

Archived