Open letter to Fireman Ed

JonEJet

Ed,

I attended my 1st game of the season yesterday. The tailgating was great, the game was wonderful, and the outcome was what the doctor ordered. There was only one thing missing. And that was YOU!!

Don't listen to some of the moronic Jets fans that say we don't need you. Don't listen to all the guys that say they can do the Jets chant (which until recently was the best in the NFL) better than you. In reality, it was you that was able to get that stadium rocking.

Yesterday, there was no one to take your place. I don't think anyone will. So Ed, if you can find your way to make it back, it won't be soon enough. Us Jets fans need you.

Very truly yours,

Jon

He is "injured" (knee, back, neck etc.) as a result of an accident "on the job". It appears that he must have some kind of disability claim against the fire dept, so he's probably sitiing at home with the neck brace and crutches close by.

Yep, that's the way it works.

if he is shooting for a sizeable payoff, he wont want his claim to be compromised by evidence of him leading Jets cheers.

I think it is pretty sad when 80,000 people have to be led by one to root for the home team.

The crowd though from watching on the TV was very dead. Not alot of noise especially when Miami had the ball.

It's pretty sad when the loudest noise I heard from the crowd yesterday was when the came back from break and you can hear the fans singing Sweet Caroline.

Pathetic.

Ed,

I attended my 1st game of the season yesterday. The tailgating was great, the game was wonderful, and the outcome was what the doctor ordered. There was only one thing missing. And that was YOU!!

Don't listen to some of the moronic Jets fans that say we don't need you. Don't listen to all the guys that say they can do the Jets chant (which until recently was the best in the NFL) better than you. In reality, it was you that was able to get that stadium rocking.

Yesterday, there was no one to take your place. I don't think anyone will. So Ed, if you can find your way to make it back, it won't be soon enough. Us Jets fans need you.

Very truly yours,

Jon

Didn't Fireman Ed go to the games with friends? Why didn't he teach one of them what to do in case something prevented him from being there. They need someone else to get on that guys shoulder and Fireman Ed can coach him via the celfone.

Archived