Will The Jets Make the Playoffs in 2007?

Barton

Will The Jets Make the Playoffs in 2007?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Will The Jets Make the Playoffs in 2007?

• Yes, they will make the playoffs in 2007.
    • No, they will not make the playoffs in 2007.

AFC is not as strong as it was, looks like it will be Pitt and Balt geting a Div title and the other grabbing the wild card. Past that, it should be up to houston, NYJ, or San diego.

It's not as strong as it was last year.

add jack and cinccy in there,, probably ahead of Houston

It all depends on if and when the Defense gets it act together.

9/30 1:00 @Bills CBS

10/7 1:00 @Giants CBS

10/14 1:00 Eagles FOX

10/21 4:05 @Bengals CBS

10/28 4:05 Bills CBS

11/4 1:00 Redskins FOX

Schedule is not looking as bad as we all though it would be. The Bills are in huge trouble already. The Giants suck. The Bengals are not what everyone thought they would be and the Redskins are still an unknown right now.

I think by the time we get to the break Mangini will decide to make a run at it with Pennington or give Clemens the time he needs.

Don't think I don't know what you are shooting for here Barton. :P

add jack and cinccy in there,, probably ahead of Houston

i was thinking of both of them, but with cincy losing to cleveland, and again this week. I"m not sure that they are legit.

as Jax goes? they don't have much of an identity, they aren't doing anything particularily well, and i can't see them standing out in that division, let alone standing out in the AFC.

If Chad is the QB they will, history proves it over and over.

For a certain amount of games. He has to start 13 or more for that theory to continue to happen. Oh and history is meant to be broken. Until this defense improves they're what many thought they would be this year: More talent on offense (Jones) but a harder schedule and no immediate improvments on defense.

i was thinking of both of them, but with cincy losing to cleveland, and again this week. I"m not sure that they are legit.

as Jax goes? they don't have much of an identity, they aren't doing anything particularily well, and i can't see them standing out in that division, let alone standing out in the AFC.

same logic after 3 games shouldnt have u creamin over houston also

same logic after 3 games shouldnt have u creamin over houston also

i had them picked before the season to have an 8 and 8 record, or better. I like the green pick up, mario and the DROY (name?), they had another good draft. This team is up and coming.

I'm sticking to my guns here. Before the season, I had the Jets going 10-6 and grabbing one of the Wild Card spots. I'll stick with that prediction.

If we beat Buffalo and improve to 2-2, there's little reason to give up hope on the postseason just yet. going 8-4 beyond that point is not entirely unreasonable.

I don't think you will be, just because I don't believe that the wildcard is going to come from the east this year.

You may have a record that could get you in some years, but I don't think this is one of those years. The wildcard I think is most likely going to be in the North and South.

The second half of the Ravens game was encouraging. The second half of the Miami game was not.

I cannot see the Jets being consistently competitive v good teams with no pass rush and an inability to stop the run in key spots. But they had these problems last year, improved mightily toward the end of the season and made it. I guess they can do it again.

Also, Mangini is a phenomenal game coach (The TD at the end of the half was perfect. Well executed 2-minute drill.). This alone might steal us enough wins to get in again.

Heck, all I can do is sit and watch and hope. Playoffs or not I am certainly enjoying the team far more than when Herm was coach.

We will make the PO's this year.

Our D has to get sorted but I trust it will. Our offence is that good with Pennington at the moment that I feel they can win us games by themselves. Our O-line has definetly improved from the first 2 games and Pre-season, D'Brick especially looked really good.

As long as they keep it up and the D even improve to the point where they can force 3/4 or so punts a game, we will make the PO's and may do some real damage once there.

We will make the PO's this year.

Our D has to get sorted but I trust it will. Our offence is that good with Pennington at the moment that I feel they can win us games by themselves. Our O-line has definetly improved from the first 2 games and Pre-season, D'Brick especially looked really good.

As long as they keep it up and the D even improve to the point where they can force 3/4 or so punts a game, we will make the PO's and may do some real damage once there.

I'm not 100% convinced you will though. I think that you'll finish well enough to qualify, but with the South and North so competitive I don't see the wildcard coming from either the East or West

Archived