Lamonster

The Troll

Nope, but tell me:

Three games in his third season in Oakland makes up for the P.O.S. seasons he had in his first two years there?

Lets see him do it for a whole year and then keep it up buddy.

LaMont is a 3 game wonder.

In 2005, Lamont scored 13 touchdowns behind one of the worst offensive lines in football. He averaged 3.8 yards per carry in his first two years, once again, behind one of the worst offensive lines in football. What do you want him to do? Turn water in Mad Dog 20/20? He's already turning opposing defenses into swiss cheese. Give props to LaMonster!

Nope, but tell me:

Three games in his third season in Oakland makes up for the P.O.S. seasons he had in his first two years there?

You serious? He had a great yr in 2005 and was hurt last yr.

Don't you get it?

If it was 124's boy & he had a crappy day, then Jim Brown couldn't have done any better. If Jordan takes a handoff & before he gets one foot planted he's got a lineman and 2 LB'ers on top of him, then Jordan sucks.

If it's the object of his discontent, then whatever he does is by definition worse than others would have.

We kept the wrong RB. He just turned into a lazy sack of sh*t under Herm/Shell. I think that sucks personally, but he's hardly alone. Look at how crappy Randy Moss was under Shell & what an alleged underachiever/2nd-string talent Cotchery allegedly was under Herm.

If you want to say the guy isn't a self-motivator, I'll give you that. Hearing that he didn't even learn the whole playbook in '05 was awful. I doubt that would happen under EM. I'd take him 10x out of 10 over Thomas Jones. Bigger, faster, more powerful, better moves, hits the hole harder & more decisively, and an infinitely better receiver. And by all accounts, wanted nothing more than to spend his entire career on the Jets.

Wish we still here. But he's a Raider now, so f**k him.

Nope, but tell me:

As I told you earlier concerning Chad, ya gotta learn to give a little credit where it's due.

TJ dosn't have close to Lamont's big play ability.

Lamont doesn't have Lamont's big play ability.

The guy runs people over, and he gets the yards. And he does it consistently. Both running and catching. Big props to him. But "big plays"? Not really his thing.

It's a shame that he didn't stay, or that he didn't leave sooner; because he wasted some of his best years sitting on the sideline watching the grass grow. But I bet Herm has a different view on that. He'd probably argue that Lamont is as good as he is right now, because he sat and watched C-mart play. :lol: All part of Herm's master plan.

For the Lamont lovers, is durability something that you admire in a back?

How about mental toughness and taking care of your body?

For all the love of Lamont Jordan that is going on here, I have to question whether you have watched the games this year. Have you seen Lamont, gesturing over to the sideline after 2 consecutive runs, begging to come out because he is winded?

I have Lamont on my fantasy team, and that is why I have watched the Raiders.

There are a lot of smart football people in this thread, people whose opinions I admire. But when I see them showering Lamont Jordan with heaps of praise, I have to ask, why?

What has Lamont ever accomplished in his career, besides one very good season? And spare me the underdog who was abused in his use and utilization.

He is an underdog who was abused in his use and utilization. Check the tape from '02 to '04.

Seriously though. What does it matter if a guy gets only 275 carries & someone else getting 100 instead of one ball-hog getting worn down by the playoffs b/c he had 375? There are exceptions - rare ones - like TD. But it's hardly a prerequisite for one player to get 400 total carries or 450 total touches to get a team to the big dance.

For the Lamont lovers, is durability something that you admire in a back?

How about mental toughness and taking care of your body?

For all the love of Lamont Jordan that is going on here, I have to question whether you have watched the games this year. Have you seen Lamont, gesturing over to the sideline after 2 consecutive runs, begging to come out because he is winded?

I have Lamont on my fantasy team, and that is why I have watched the Raiders.

There are a lot of smart football people in this thread, people whose opinions I admire. But when I see them showering Lamont Jordan with heaps of praise, I have to ask, why?

What has Lamont ever accomplished in his career, besides one very good season? And spare me the underdog who was abused in his use and utilization.

There is so much to choose from but I think Herm's handling of Lamont Jordan was his biggest failure as HC of theNYJ. Or maybe just second to his handling of the playoff game v the Steelers. Ironically, Herm was gonna settle for a long FG attempt the week before in SD but Lamont broke the run to the sideline and made the subsequent FG attempt a chippy. And was then allowed to leave for nothing.

Archived