Worst 2 Minute Offense I've Ever Seen

Green DNA

The clock management, play calling and execution were absolutely putrid. WTF is up with the two yard passes time after time after time while the clock continues to run down. The Jets had no intention of playing for the win, they were looking to set up the FG from the minute they got the ball. The play calling was Hacketesque and Edwards would have been getting ripped for this. This team has regressed from last year.

I wouldn't say that. They were 1 pick away from being in field goal range. Chad's decision to throw to McCareins in double coverage is mind-boggling. Throwing to that piece of garbage when he is wide open is dumb enough, but to expect him to come up with the big play? COME ON!

The clock management, play calling and execution were absolutely putrid. WTF is up with the two yard passes time after time after time while the clock continues to run down. The Jets had no intention of playing for the win, they were looking to set up the FG from the minute they got the ball. The play calling was Hacketesque and Edwards would have been getting ripped for this. This team has regressed from last year.

Thats because Hackett and Edwards knew they were working with a woosie armed qb so they had no choice in play calling either.

i cant get ovr what Chad did on that final play. Even if he would have thrown it away it could have gave us a hint of a shot.

It was a bad desicion as was the other pick, Im really worried right now.

I'd be calling for Clemens too had Chad not have shown that he cna actually get it done, the drives for the 2 TD's and a FG were pretty much flawless. But the picks weigh down his performance so much.

Why Chad?? WHY???

I could understand the approach if the Jets had 3 timeouts, but the ydid the Bills a huge favor by killing the clock on two yard passes. You need to go for the win in that situation and if it's not there, settle for the tie. It just seems as if going for the tie was the first and only option.

I don't blame the playcalling, I blame Chad Pennington. You aren't getting down the field in a hurry with him as the QB. If Paul Hackett were an NFL QB, he would be Chad Pennington.

No the playcalling was very conservative, the 1st pick (curl to Coles) I saw coming. We should go deep on 1st down once in a while, I mean we do the same over and over and you cant consistently blame Chad cos he did show he could get the ball down the field today. We just need to try it more often.

Pennington can't make the throws to win a game at the end. Just contrast the way we drove down the field at the end of the Raven game with a QB that has a major league arm. Chad's arm strength can be overcome with his accuracy on many occasions, but not in crunch time. IT is time to see if Kellen has what it takes because the Jets aren't going anywhere and we need to know before the next offseason.

No the playcalling was very conservative, the 1st pick (curl to Coles) I saw coming. We should go deep on 1st down once in a while, I mean we do the same over and over and you cant consistently blame Chad cos he did show he could get the ball down the field today. We just need to try it more often.

Again, with a different QB we went deep often. They call the plays based on what the QB can do.

Archived