PENNINGTON ON A SHORT LEASH

Pragmatic Bus

eigther way chad is outa here

but thats the thing, hes not. hes going to start sunday and manage a good game and we even may be able to sneak a win out if our defense plays well and he will be the qb for philly. it just needs to be done. mangini just needs to bench him now. if hes such a damn genious then maybe he shud realize we cant win with chad anymore.

If this is true its good news.

Either Chad will step up (IMO that will happen) or Clemens will come in and we rebuild from there.

Chad will put this week behind him though IMO and get better.

I just don't see it IJ...and I'm like you a BIG Chad Pennington fan-I just think it's time to move on-like Parcells did with Romo over Bledsoe...almost JUST like that in fact

the thing is we not only SHOULD have won that game we COULD have won that game if we did exactly what we did against the Ravens and taken 3 shots down the middle of the field...Brady would have won that game-Clemens COULD HAVE....we went to the well one too many times with that sidelines crap...we played NOT TO LOSE-instead of to win...welcome back to 2005 Jets fans

the thing is we not only SHOULD have won that game we COULD have won that game if we did exactly what we did against the Ravens and taken 3 shots down the middle of the field...Brady would have won that game-Clemens COULD HAVE....we went to the well one too many times with that sidelines crap...we played NOT TO LOSE-instead of to win...welcome back to 2005 Jets fans

It was a terrible play calling and even worse execution.

At the end we seriously should have dumped it off and at least put Nuge in position to tie it.

If this is true its good news.

Either Chad will step up (IMO that will happen) or Clemens will come in and we rebuild from there.

Chad will put this week behind him though IMO and get better.

I dont see how it can be anything but true. Though the dink and dunk passing game and Mangini's ability to manage a game are the two best things the Jets have going for them right now, I say lets see right now if Clemens is the QB of the future. I have loved Chad but if the Bears feel the need to save their season and think Chad might be an answer then let them have him for some picks (he would be worth plenty to the Bears, I think) and Rex (his contract is up and the Jets will need a live body to hold the chart).

ESPN Frist Take reporting that mangini has Penny boy on a very short leash this week.

A columnist from a New York newspaper said he thought Mangini should have him on a short leash. It wasn't that Mangini told him he was or that Mangini had a PC saying he was, they just believe Chad will be on a short leash. Hopefully he will be.

by the time we're playing Buffalo again it WILL be time NYJ10...by then the season WILL have been lost anyway when we're sittin' there at 1-6

i do agree with you, but let me ask you this if Clemens were to start Sunday where would we stand when Buffalo comes in?

Chad will go out there and score 4 TDs, keeping his job. He'll have 3 more stinkers the rest of the way, and about 5 okay games that we may or may not win in spite of him. The other 4 games he'll actually look good. That's pretty much a Chad season for you. We might squeak to 8-8, not more likely it will be a 5 or 6 win season. I also guarantee we beat 1 or 2 teams we shouldn't beat.

Archived