Torre Turns Deal Down

Maxman

The Yankees have organizational limits on younger pitchers innings, Girardi or any other manager would have to accept this before they take the job.

Girardi should get the job. Mattingly seems to be a Torre clone.

A border line hall of famer as a player that makes the hall of fame because of excellent managing?

Wow, sign me up today.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about Martin to Lemon?

Cmon man. Don't help Barton out. He doesn't know anything about Bob Lemon.

Lemon was managing for a week when it was announced that Billy was coming back. Billy's spirit guided that team!

How many of the switches that you mentioned resulted in a World Championship?

Considering all those switches I mentioned have been made in the last year or two.....what did you expect? All 3 teams got better, btw.

And what about Casey Stengel getting canned after a long 12 year run (with multiple titles just like Torre) and being replaced by Ralph Houk. Houk went on to win the next 2 titles for the Yankees. That worked out pretty good eh?

Sometimes it is just time for a change.

Considering all those switches I mentioned have been made in the last year or two.....what did you expect? All 3 teams got better, btw.

And what about Casey Stengel getting canned after a long 12 year run (with multiple titles just like Torre) and being replaced by Ralph Houk. Houk went on to win the next 2 titles for the Yankees. That worked out pretty good eh?

Sometimes it is just time for a change.

I was born and became a Yankee fan during the Ralph Houck years. That was a special time, all right, missing the playoffs all those years.

What i don't get is they completely low blow Joe Torre but Cashman comes out unscathed!?!!? How does cashman stay if Torre goes? Brown, Igawa, Pavano, Farnsworth, Giambi...how is joe responsible for these signings?

Cashman is the new Teflon Don.

Torre deserved a 2 yr 13mil deal at the very least.

As a mets fan I can't believe torre is gone. He was a classy guy and literally transformed the Yankee aura from one of crappiness to one of classiness.

Those of you who remember the 1982-1995 Yankees know what I am talking about....

LL

What i don't get is they completely low blow Joe Torre but Cashman comes out unscathed!?!!? How does cashman stay if Torre goes? Brown, Igawa, Pavano, Farnsworth, Giambi...how is joe responsible for these signings?

As a mets fan I can't believe torre is gone. He was a classy guy and literally transformed the Yankee aura from one of crappiness to one of classiness.

Those of you who remember the 1982-1995 Yankees know what I am talking about....

LL

The work Cashman has done rebuilding the farm system saved him.

I was born and became a Yankee fan during the Ralph Houck years. That was a special time, all right, missing the playoffs all those years.

THE POINT IS - Stengel was a HOF manager, like Torre. But his time had run up and a change was needed. And the Yankees instantly won right after they got rid of him.

Again, what has Torre done the last 5 years with his teams? Nothing. Simply making the playoffs with those teams he's had the last 5 years is a job any manager in baseball can do.

LL

It's a fair question, but I think all those moves came from the Tampa "braintrust." Cashman only gained real power this year.

The work Cashman has done rebuilding the farm system saved him.

LOL...that's the scouts not Cashman....in fact one scout I believe pegged both Hughes and Kennedy. Cashman's only good moves of late was not trading any prospects and the jury is out on that decision until we see how these pitchers pan out.

THE POINT IS - Stengel was a HOF manager, like Torre. But his time had run up and a change was needed. And the Yankees instantly won right after they got rid of him.

Again, what has Torre done the last 5 years with his teams? Nothing. Simply making the playoffs with those teams he's had the last 5 years is a job any manager in baseball can do.

Really?

Dealing with Arod's sensitivity

Dealing with Giambi's Roid use

Dealing with 1st base period... lol

Those alone wipe out half the managers...

Torre held the team together... its not easy to keep a bunch of over-paid veterans happy

LOL...that's the scouts not Cashman....in fact one scout I believe pegged both Hughes and Kennedy. Cashman's only good moves of late was not trading any prospects and the jury is out on that decision until we see how these pitchers pan out.

The real credit should go to Damon Oppenheimer but Cashman will get it because he's the GM.

who hired those scouts?

Archived