Baker not making the trip to Cinci

GandWFan

I heard it about 30 minutes ago driving home from work on ESPN Radio. You know it was because of his comments, nothing more. Stupid move by Mangini. Lets see: We're 1-5, on the road, and we take out our best receiving and blocking tight end because of comments that he made that were 110% right. Nice move.:character42:

Its not anywhere on the net yet...

I'll wait for some more proof before I comment on it.

OK.. good... because I could be lying... or maybe I am hallucinating... yeah, wait for a link.

What did you do before the internet? Where you always this paranoid?

Remember, just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they are NOT out to get you....

Carry on

So wheres all the Mangini wants to WIN and cares about the Jets talkers now?

Baker rocked the boat and went against the system.Mangini is trying to be like Parcells.......until he wins a few championships like Parcells he is just another coach.

Ive sat back all year and watched the most horrendous football since the Kotite fiasco!

So wheres all the Mangini wants to WIN and cares about the Jets talkers now?

Baker rocked the boat and went against the system.Mangini is trying to be like Parcells.......until he wins a few championships like Parcells he is just another coach.

Ive sat back all year and watched the most horrendous football since the Kotite fiasco!

2005 we were 4-12

2003 we sucked

2000 was the worst year of them all because we lost the last 3 and missed the POffs with a solid team

this aint ****. this is a rebuild year.

2005 we were 4-12

2003 we sucked

2000 was the worst year of them all because we lost the last 3 and missed the POffs with a solid team

this aint ****. this is a rebuild year.

Rebuild year? What kind of rebuilding team trades away their entire draft for 2 players and a 29 year old RB? What kind of rebuilding team starts an underperforming veteran QB while having their "future" sit on the bench?

This team is not rebuilding. That is the problem. If Mangini was starting Clemens and LW and had a bunch of rooks playing impact positions I'd give him a pass. But that's not what we have here. We have essentially the same team Herm left except with a new LT and C, and an old RB we traded for. 2 draft picks on the OL don't make you into a rebuilding team. Especially when the OL is the one facet of the team that is roundly criticized by Chad supporters, Chad haters, Mangini lovers and Mangini haters all alike. Man that's a lot of unity right there.

Insert "smart, character driven, slow white guy" here.

Baker was limited in practice all week and didn't accompany the team to Cincinnati. It was unclear when Baker was hurt, and it's against the Jets' policy to discuss injuries. The Jets have plenty of depth at the tight end position, with Sean Ryan, Joe Kowalewski, Jason Pociask and James Dearth, normally the long snapper, on the roster.

:bag:

From the updated story:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtP9_pCBg4Ja3uMU2fJOsBo5nYcB?slug=ap-jets-baker&prov=ap&type=lgns

Baker's agent, Cliff Brady, referred questions by The Associated Press about the injury to the team and was unsure how long the tight end might be sidelined.

"I'm not a doctor," Brady said. "So, I'd rather not speculate."

Baker caught some flak from coach Eric Mangini after New York's 16-9 loss to Philadelphia last Sunday, when he openly questioned the play-calling in the closing minutes as the Jets failed to score -- or get a first down -- from the Eagles 4.

Brady shot down any speculation that Baker was kept back in New York as punishment for his comments.

"No, absolutely not," Brady said. "It had nothing to do with that at all. Not at all. It was because of the injury."

And just because his agent says so we should believe it? Mangini & Co. probably warned him to tell the people around him not to say a word or else he wouldn't play in next week's game against Buffalo either. This is ridiculous bull****. If Baker is not in the lineup next Sunday, then maybe it really is his back. For now though, it looks like Mangini is keeping his best tight end in every single aspect of the game at home while the team heads to Cincinnati to **** the bed for the sixth time this season.

Wow so there really are people dumber than Mangini, and they happen to post as Jets fans. Let me guess, Pete Kendall was "accidentally" assigned to the rookie dorms too. And there's also a toothfairy and a Santa Claus. Once you've shown you are dishonest you lose the benefit of the doubt. Mangini probably made another threatening call, this time to an agent instead of Billick. Maybe those Sopranos roots run further than we thought.

Chad must really have some sort of power over people. Mangini is willing to make up a back injury to keep his TE out of the game, but he couldn't claim Pennington's injured ankle prevented him from starting after the Ravens game.

Archived