Braylon Edwards - Good Guy

Smizzy

http://www.cantonrep.com/index.php?Category=17&ID=384241&r=3&subCategoryID=26

Edwards to pay for child’s funeral

Thursday, November 1, 2007

TODD PORTER

BEREA Tara Douglas can rest her mind a little bit. The mother of 15-year-old Denzel Douglas, the heart transplant patient who met Braylon Edwards two weeks ago and died last Friday, will be able to give her son a proper funeral.

Because the Cleveland Browns wide receiver stepped in.

Edwards, who was touched by the family and particularly Denzel, is paying for the entire cost of the teenager’s funeral Friday.

“No mother should have to worry about giving her son a proper burial,” Edwards said Wednesday.

Denzel asked to meet Edwards, and the receiver went to the hospital to spend a few hours with him. Edwards gave Denzel an autographed jersey and one of the three balls he caught for touchdowns against the Miami Dolphins. Tara Douglas plans to bury her son in the No. 17 Browns jersey Edwards gave him.

=D> Still some good in the world thank god, what a stand up guy,we need more guys like braylon in the NFL

for some reason i had him lumped with Charles Rogers as being 'another one of those guys', maybe because they both went to college in michigan.

I have to re-asses my opinion of the man, sounds like a great guy.

Not only that, the guy is an absolute BEAST at WR.

Everyone lauged when I drafted him early in fantsy...

Too bad I packed him in a trade for Julius Jones after week 1 :confused:

for some reason i had him lumped with Charles Rogers as being 'another one of those guys', maybe because they both went to college in michigan.

I have to re-asses my opinion of the man, sounds like a great guy.

Not me...I had him pegged as the Breakout player this yr and drafted him in as many of my leagues as I could. On a side note...I also avoided Tom Brady ...:confused0058:

Not me...I had him pegged as the Breakout player this yr and drafted him in as many of my leagues as I could. On a side note...I also avoided Tom Brady ...:confused0058:

No way would i have drafted a brown this year. That said, my best pick up of this year and the past 4 years was Derek Anderson.

I've said it before, if KC doesn't pan out, we can expect some long conversations with Cleveland.

why isnt this story on ESPN's bottom line???

Where's the outside the lines story??

Where's the news media attention???

Where's the endless debates on every possible sports show???

They need to make bigger deals of stories like this. Most of the guys in the NFL are total attention whores. They'll get their attention through good plays, cheap shots, or shooting strippers.

The NFL needs to make a big deal out of the good things these guys do.

They need to make bigger deals of stories like this. Most of the guys in the NFL are total attention whores. They'll get their attention through good plays, cheap shots, or shooting strippers.

The NFL needs to make a big deal out of the good things these guys do.

They'll wait until he slips up and then tear into him, like they did for LT awhile back.

People don't like good guys for some reason. Instead they want to talk about and defend the "misunderstood" guys like TO.

They'll wait until he slips up and then tear into him, like they did for LT awhile back.

People don't like good guys for some reason. Instead they want to talk about and defend the "misunderstood" guys like TO.

To sell newspapers and make headlines. It's what they do.

Tomlinson, remember the Pats dancing on the logo at midfield incident from last year's playoffs? LT was getting killed for it in the media.

Now Taylor...uh...he was never a good guy.

what was so bad about taylor? haha

he helped other players get laid the night before games

why isnt this story on ESPN's bottom line???

Where's the outside the lines story??

Where's the news media attention???

Where's the endless debates on every possible sports show???

Didn't you hear the Colts are playing the Pats this week. You're lucky this even got a blurb somewhere.

He's been doing this kind of stuff for a while now. He's donating millions of his own money to scholarships for children who don't have the money to go to higher learning colleges, even though they have the brains for them.

I really miss watching him play at Michigan, and I'm glad he's doing well in Cleveland. Will be great to watch him at the Meadowlands in December as I go to last year in Cleveland.

Wow. What a great guy. I'd rather hear about these kind of stories than Vick or Pacman Jones anyday. I guess I am wierd.

If you ever do hear about this stuff it is just a blurb. I'm not sure why all the major companies think we only like to hear bad news. If they would celebrate the things the palyers do to help the community, there would be an even bigger draw to the game.

Seems obvious.

Archived