I'm not saying that everything is Mangini's fault but I just feel that he has this..

"Tough guy attitude" "My way or the highway" type coach... And to be honest, I dont think the players enjoy playing for this man.

In my eyes he is trying to be something that he is not... A BB or BP type coach, I'm sorry but Mangini must win games and SB's before it's his way or the highway.

Im not saying that Herm Edwards is a better coach than Mangini... But I can say this, the players play for Herm, they give him everything they have in the tank, and as of right now... I cant say the same thing about Mangini.

Enough is Enough Mangini... I cant take it anymore... Go find a True 3-4NT, another MLB once J.Vilma leaves the team next season and a freaking explosive 3-4 DE.... If you cant do that... Get rid of this 3-4 D... We dont have the players for this type of system. But you know what the scary thing is? Once J.Vilma leaves the Jets, We cant even run the 4-3 if we wanted for the simple fact we will soon lack the players for that scheme aswell.

Im just saying... I thought Mangini would have improved from Herms team last year, to "His team" this year.

"Tough guy attitude" "My way or the highway" type coach... And to be honest, I dont think the players enjoy playing for this man.

In my eyes he is trying to be something that he is not... A BB or BP type coach, I'm sorry but Mangini must win games and SB's before it's his way or the highway.

Im not saying that Herm Edwards is a better coach than Mangini... But I can say this, the players play for Herm, they give him everything they have in the tank, and as of right now... I cant say the same thing about Mangini.

Enough is Enough Mangini... I cant take it anymore... Go find a True 3-4NT, another MLB once J.Vilma leaves the team next season and a freaking explosive 3-4 DE.... If you cant do that... Get rid of this 3-4 D... We dont have the players for this type of system. But you know what the scary thing is? Once J.Vilma leaves the Jets, We cant even run the 4-3 if we wanted for the simple fact we will soon lack the players for that scheme aswell.

Im just saying... I thought Mangini would have improved from Herms team last year, to "His team" this year.

That's part of the problem, he inherited Herm's team. A 4-12 Herm's team and the players were eager to right the ship (so to speak). They didn't like the practices, but they were winning more than they were losing so there was grumbling, but no real complaining. This year we all thought they had a good shot at beating the Patriots and it didn't happen. Not many thought they had much of a chance against the Ravens, but we were all very disappointed with the loss. Mangini has the team in transition, he doesn't want Herm's team, he wants His team. So it has to be "My way or the highway". When he has more of His players than Herm's players on the field, they will start winning again and the team will move on. Jets Fans, for the umpteenth time just have to look for and see beyond the light at the end of the tunnel to Green Green Grass of Home.

It's funny how nobody had any problems with Mangini's style last year when they were winning.

What would you like him to do. Lighten up on these guys cause they are losing ?

The only thing that has changed from last year is that they are not winning. When you start pressing and trying to hard to make plays things get worse not better.

Parcells was a mofo but nobody had problems with him.

It just blows my mind how people change play to play.

It's funny how nobody had any problems with Mangini's style last year when they were winning.

When you start pressing and trying to hard to make plays things get worse not better.

Mangina's douchbaggery has been more evident this year, and his coaching has been gutless. Other than that, "The only thing that has changed from last year is that they are not winning."

;)

you gotta stop the long thread titles and talking about yourself so much. Your posts would be so much better if you did not use the word 'I'...JMO

Good point.

The only thing that has changed from last year is that they are not winning. When you start pressing and trying to hard to make plays things get worse not better.

I agree for the most part. You are either a hard case or a player's coach. You can't be a player's coach when you are losing and then go all Eastwood when you win a few games. Nobody respects a two face and players won't put up with that bull****. Belichick and Parcells were hard asses from day 1. When Parcells was 3-13 or whatever with the Giants he was already a big prick.

FWIW, there were some people that had a problem with his style last year. For one, I did and I'm pretty sure Jetcane felt the same. I felt he was playing some extra head games to assert his control over the team and I wasn't happy that the D didn't seem to be designed with the current personnel in mind. I know 'Cane isn't happy with him for that reason (burying his boy Vilma) and because Mangini seems to be a pretty arrogant little bastard without anything to back it up. I'm inclined to give him a pass because the team has been in most of the games and IMO they are sticking together and toeing the line for the guy despite the ****ty record. If he can keep them together and get some players he may be on to something.

Funny, because a couple months ago you were sucking his **** so hard, you'd think there was gum in the center.

Its funny cos this is what was expected to happen in Manginis first season. The problem is as a team we have regressed from last season and our coaching staff a gone to ****e altogether. Coaching was the main reason we went 10-6 last year.However, its also the main reason we're 1-7 this season!!!

I'm not going to give up on him yet, (despite what my user title might imply) the guy is 36 I believe, his drafting has been solid if not spectacular(at least it looks that way) and for whatever reason he still strikes me as a coach who knows what he's doing. This team was always going to be a long fix when he took over, thats really showing now.

Its funny cos this is what was expected to happen in Manginis first season. The problem is as a team we have regressed from last season and our coaching staff a gone to ****e altogether. Coaching was the main reason we went 10-6 last year.However, its also the main reason we're 1-7 this season!!!

I'm not going to give up on him yet, (despite what my user title might imply) the guy is 36 I believe, his drafting has been solid if not spectacular(at least it looks that way) and for whatever reason he still strikes me as a coach who knows what he's doing. This team was always going to be a long fix when he took over, thats really showing now.

Drafting Mangold and Ferguson was nice for the Offensive line.... Drafting Leon Wahsinton (A play-Maker) in the 4th round was great... Giving Rhodes and Cotchery a chance to make plays for this team was ever better... And thats why Im not quitting on Mangini... I just pray to god that he gets this team to the playoffs next season!

P.S... Harris and Revis may become franchise players for this Jets Defense, and I hope they work out!

his drafting has been solid if not spectacular(at least it looks that way)

DBrickishwFegusan with #4, you're joking me right. Schlegal 2nd round.Revis is getting picked on like Vance Joseph every game now.

Solid if not spectacular? I'd say mediocre if not mediocre.

And his overall coaching this ear has been mediocre, if not s--tty!

idiots dont have horns

Mangina's douchbaggery has been more evident this year, and his coaching has been gutless. Other than that, "The only thing that has changed from last year is that they are not winning."

;)

There definately is a difference this year, the play calling on offense has changed, I think that Shotty got a big head going on that interview for HC. and seams to have relied more on Chad. as for Defense they don't look as gutsy! Rmember last year how they moved around alot to throw off the offense? I've only seen that once this year, against the Bills and it worked!

DBrickishwFegusan with #4, you're joking me right. Schlegal 2nd round.Revis is getting picked on like Vance Joseph every game now.

D'Brick is improving. IMO this season he's been pretty good. Schlegel was a 3rd rounder so expectations weren't that high anyway.

Revis has only been picked on in one game,apart from that he a been great for a rookie. He dominated in that last Bills game until the Evans TD and who knows what happens if Elam doesnt lay him out.

Harris looks awesome.Mangold is one of the top 3 centers in the league. Brad Smith was a great find as was Leon. Clemens is still to prove himself but he could also show up big.

Overall I've have been very impressed with Manginis drafts.

Revis has been great for a rookie, same with Harris. Mangold was a great pick in round 1 last year, as were Leon and BSmith when we got them in rd 4.

Schlegal was Tangini's only drafting mistake thus far, and he was drafted in rd 3, not rd 2. Kellen Clemens went in rd 2 and we still havent seen what we have in him yet, but so far he seems like at worst an okay pick in rd 2.

So even if we exclude KC and DBrick (who will both continue to improve), thats 5 picks in two drafts that have already had a positive impact on the team.

If you look more into the future, that will be 7 picks including KC and Dbrick and 8 or 9 if you include Drew Coleman and Chansi Stuckey, both of whom have a chance at being productive players down the road...

How can you possibly make the case that Tangini aren't good drafters?

Archived