JN Yanks game - July 10th (Do you want to catch a ball?)

Gang Green Girl

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any grown adult bringing a glove to a baseball game should be shot and killed.

Nonsense. It's a good idea to bring a glove to protect your kids from screaming foul balls.

I don't think it's a problem where we're sitting, though.

Any grown adult bringing a glove to a baseball game should be shot and killed.

Nonsense. It's a good idea to bring a glove to protect your kids from screaming foul balls.

I would rather see one of my kids get hit with a ball before I admitted to them that I wasn't man enough to stop it with my bare hands.

I would rather see one of my kids get hit with a ball before I admitted to them that I wasn't man enough to stop it with my bare hands.

Your boy is an All-Star, Max. He'd have to bail your big headband-wearing ass out if a fly ball came at you. Wuss.

sorry to say i won't be catching any balls at that game.....Something came up...I can't make it ...see ya all in AUGUST! :lol:

Bren:

You have to go. Otherwise Tom said he will shut down this website (not that he would know how).

For the love of the Nation...just go.

I think she is attending a JI charity function that day.

Are you saying that I should get my supply of JetNation.com business cards back from Bren?

She is loyal. This much I do not doubt.

'wanna hear a Doug Flutie is a jerk story? :lol::lol: (Hey, as if I can pass up an opportunity to bash him!)

Well, Dougie likes to go to Sox games. Always seems to get prime seats - front row, first base line - prime foul ball seats. Well, Dougie likes to wear a glove so he can catch those foul balls. Yes, he has caught his fair share - and in the Boston TV market -gaurantees him TV time so everyone can see his super-duper, 80's mullet. Anyway, I once saw him catch a ball - with his gloved hand - there had to be, I 'dunno four little kids 'round him. They were pleading with those cute little puppy eyes, "can I have the ball Mr. Flutie" kind of puppy eyes. What does Dougie do? He puts the ball in his pocket. Yes, the Pats back-up QB is a dink.

'wanna hear a Doug Flutie is a jerk story? :lol::lol: (Hey, as if I can pass up an opportunity to bash him!)

Well, Dougie likes to go to Sox games. Always seems to get prime seats - front row, first base line - prime foul ball seats. Well, Dougie likes to wear a glove so he can catch those foul balls. Yes, he has caught his fair share - and in the Boston TV market -gaurantees him TV time so everyone can see his super-duper, 80's mullet. Anyway, I once saw him catch a ball - with his gloved hand - there had to be, I 'dunno four little kids 'round him. They were pleading with those cute little puppy eyes, "can I have the ball Mr. Flutie" kind of puppy eyes. What does Dougie do? He puts the ball in his pocket. Yes, the Pats back-up QB is a dink.

:shock: Ouch! Holy bad PR!

Wanna hear a related Tom Brady story? He was at a Sox game and this pop fly starts drifting into teh stands where Tom was seated with Mario Cantone of 'Steampipe Alley' fame. So, as the ball descends, Tom is right underneath it so he raises his hands up to catch it when this 11 year old kid grazes Brady's hip and the ball deflects off of Tom's hand and into the kid's mitt. Turns out, the kid was a cancer patient who had two months to live and was there as part of the Make-a-Wish Foundation program--his last wish being to catch a Fenway foul ball. But Tom gets up and realizes he lost the ball and he's realy concerned! But lo and behold, Walt Coleman, sitting in a nearby seat, intervenes, steals the ball back from the kid's glove and awards it back to Tom Brady. Strange, but true story.

Wanna hear a related Tom Brady story? He was at a Sox game and this pop fly starts drifting into teh stands where Tom was seated with Mario Cantone of 'Steampipe Alley' fame. So, as the ball descends, Tom is right underneath it so he raises his hands up to catch it when this 11 year old kid grazes Brady's hip and the ball deflects off of Tom's hand and into the kid's mitt. Turns out, the kid was a cancer patient who had two months to live and was there as part of the Make-a-Wish Foundation program--his last wish being to catch a Fenway foul ball. But Tom gets up and realizes he lost the ball and he's realy concerned! But lo and behold, Walt Coleman, sitting in a nearby seat, intervenes, steals the ball back from the kid's glove and awards it back to Tom Brady. Strange, but true story.

Now you are reverting to cancer children and Make a Wish Foundation to crap all over Brady and the Pats? :shock:

If I wanted to read this kind of stuff, I would go to another board and read 10-year olds gobbledeegook.

Hey, maybe if you can't get that Jets link, you guys can at least win the classiest football website award. :^o

This is what? Funny? What's so funny 'bout kids with cancer?

Hey, my story is true. Your story is - um - stupid. :mrgreen:

Hey, maybe if you can't get that Jets link, you guys can at least win the classiest football website award. :^o

Tx,

True story...we always knew we would never get linked. We made it public knowledge pretty much as a goof.

We didn't try all that hard for the link. We knew it wouldn't be worth it. Just sent an email or two requesting it.

Nothing more to it! I mention this because you talk about the link often.

Tx,

True story...we always knew we would never get linked. We made it public knowledge pretty much as a goof.

We didn't try all that hard for the link. We knew it wouldn't be worth it. Just sent an email or two requesting it.

Anybody else see the irony of a Jets weblord trying to justify why they can't link to the team's main page to a Pats fan????? :shock::shock::shock:

:shock::^o

An email or two? Not even close. I stopped counting after the ninth email you cc'ed me on.

I am just trying to be helpful but maybe you shouldn't be so pushy next time. Have some patience.

True story...We didn't try all that hard for the link. Just sent an email or two requesting it.

:shock::^o

An email or two? Not even close. I stopped counting after the ninth email you cc'ed me on.

I am just trying to be helpful but maybe you shouldn't be so pushy next time. Have some patience.

Are we still talking about a link?

This thread was supposed to be about how to catch a ball on Sunday. Somehow it got hijacked. Wonder how that could've happened.

the irony is that it wasnt me :lol: of course it never is...i just get blamed ;)

Archived