A franchise QB has the ability to make late game drives to win/tie a football game

nico002

Kellen Clemens may or may not be the guy.

However, we know one thing

When he is at QB, we always have a chance at the end, the kid has an uncanny ability to drive us down the field in crunch time.

Thats a good sign.

:Typotux:

I agree. Kellen will be just fine. I know most of us already know this, but for the few who come on the board and say we need to draft a QB, or Kellen isn't the franchise this is for you.

*Tape the 3 remaining games, then watch it again during the week.

Kellen has a strong arm, has the savy a franchise QB needs, we have seen him drive us down the field late in games a few times, he has the ability to throw out of the pocket. ALL THIS STUFF IS GREAT SIGNS FOR THE FUTURE. When watching Kellen you can tell his mechanics aren't too great, he throws off his back foot and across his shoulder at times. He is still learning to read defenses and his acuracy is improving every week. I dont think he is a "gun slinger" when he learns to read defenses and improves on his mechanics the interceptions will decrease. He has a very bright future, he very well may be the most successful QB from that draft. Give the kid a full season under his belt with an offseason to prepare as a #1

When he is at QB, we always have a chance at the end, the kid has an uncanny ability to drive us down the field in crunch time.

Thats a good sign.

good point. he still needs some work on the preceding 58 minutes though. ;)

good point. he still needs some work on the preceding 58 minutes though. ;)

UMmm.. Switch the WR's in this game and you tell me which team wins

Cotch playing with broken finger and Coles gutting it out at 50%

Give KC edwards and winslow and i believe results are different

Sh1t if cotches that ball like he normally does, jets are ahead 22-17 with 1.30

left in game.

You don't throw out Kellen based on these games, this year. You give him next year to figure out where he is. If at the end of the year, he is not stepping up, it is time to go back to the pile.

Otherwise, let him play out the year, go into training camp with some new weapons (awesome running game) and see what he can do.

BZ

You don't throw out Kellen based on these games, this year. You give him next year to figure out where he is. If at the end of the year, he is not stepping up, it is time to go back to the pile.

Otherwise, let him play out the year, go into training camp with some new weapons (awesome running game) and see what he can do.

BZ

Sounds like a plan. Some one give the awesome running game fairy a call and then they are all set!

:xmas:

The Jets need a #3 WR, Brad Smith is a great utility guy and #4 WR, McDropsy's needs to go and drop passes for another team. We need a good #3 to compliment Cotch and Coles. It looks like Baker will be used more now with Clemens under center. Maybe in 2008 we wont keep 20 TE's on the Roster and have more room for other positions.

Glad you agree!

Here is the equation:

Draft RB - TJ + OL in FA = Stud Running Game

BZ

Doesn't matter what RB they have back there right now. My plan looks like this:

Squeak one more year out of TJ. Sign LG in FA. Draft RT within 1st two picks. Draft more depth. Lots of it.

When you are not taking an OLineman, take a DLineman.

Repeat and rinse.

Sounds like a plan. Some one give the awesome running game fairy a call and then they are all set!

:xmas:

haha......... afosomf is already on the horn to the wide receiver fairy. I like clemens but would like the # for the q back fairy as well. I trust these are all toll free

Thats a good sign.

Unfortunately, driving down the field and getting the ball in the endzone are two different things and not something that Clemens has been particularly good at so far.

Thats a good sign.

He made some BAD mistakes Sunday. But I also saw a lot. A couple of his passes to Coles were incomplete because Coles could not jump, but were good passes. Cotchery drops a ball in the end zone. We don't review Kellens touchdown which would have erased the interception. Kellen is getting there although it is not 100% showing up on the field yet. He will be our QB of the future.

He made some BAD mistakes Sunday. But I also saw a lot. A couple of his passes to Coles were incomplete because Coles could not jump, but were good passes. Cotchery drops a ball in the end zone. We don't review Kellens touchdown which would have erased the interception. Kellen is getting there although it is not 100% showing up on the field yet. He will be our QB of the future.

yup, but all you get hear is some crickets chirping or AEC4 responding

that CP is savior!!!!!

haha......... afosomf is already on the horn to the wide receiver fairy. I like clemens but would like the # for the q back fairy as well. I trust these are all toll free

S'up

CONv0518.jpg

And stop calling me collect. And whoever keeps texting me, NO, I wasnt at the game sunday.

Thats a good sign.

Exactly, and he only has what 5 games under his belt? Next year will be telling and I think this guy will be just fine, just get him some blocking through the draft or FA and things will be gravy. I like what I see even in loosing efforts. He can control Magina's lame coaching.

I have been probably as hard on Clemens as anyone here but for cryin out loud give the kid a chance.

I look at Clemens the way I looked at O'Brien when Walton handed him a 6-2 team in 84 and watched them go down the drain. O'Brien was awful but those eight games he got were invaluable to him the following year. (Getting Al Toon that year helped as well.)

If the Jets think Clemens is their future (and I'm not quite sure that is the case right now) then they should go out and get him some OL and a Wesley Walker type of burner so he has a long ball threat.

Clemens right now is what he is. A QB still learning his way around. Is he the savior ? I doubt it. I have seen to many QB's come here anointed as the savior only to fail. If the Jets build a strong D and a strong OL then they will have shot.

I have been probably as hard on Clemens as anyone here but for cryin out loud give the kid a chance.

I look at Clemens the way I looked at O'Brien when Walton handed him a 6-2 team in 84 and watched them go down the drain. O'Brien was awful but those eight games he got were invaluable to him the following year. (Getting Al Toon that year helped as well.)

If the Jets think Clemens is their future (and I'm not quite sure that is the case right now) then they should go out and get him some OL and a Wesley Walker type of burner so he has a long ball threat.

Clemens right now is what he is. A QB still learning his way around. Is he the savior ? I doubt it. I have seen to many QB's come here anointed as the savior only to fail. If the Jets build a strong D and a strong OL then they will have shot.

I am by no means annointing him a savior. for now, i'm just thankful we're done with the penny experiment tryin to see what we have in him.

Archived