Since I didn't get 'IBTL' on the GOB thread...

Jet Moses

I had a chance at work to read GOB's post that Bob cut and pasted and I saw some of the responses, however I didn't have time to respond. Now that I'm home, it's locked.

I just wanted to say first of all, being a man and showing some passion, feelings, or emotion is not a sign of a "womanly" man. It's the people who call him that who are insecure about their own manhood.

Second of all, GOB has been a fan of this horrible team for 27 years; He's been a fan of this team longer than some of you have even been alive. If you are in your early twenties or a teenager, you haven't suffered AT ALL. You have no idea. You only know Parcells and Herm. That's all you know. Please spare me the crap "I was a fan since I was five".

I was five years old when the Jets won the SB. I DON'T REMEMBER IT. I remember the Heidi game, but did I understand the nuances of first downs, field goals, safeties et al? It was all Chinese. I didn't know what was going on nor did I care. It was the Holidays and I had some new Tonka trunks to play with. You were playing with toys too. So don't BS me that you know what suffering is as a Jets fan. You kids get your tickets from your parents and that's great, you go to the games, but maybe if you were signing the checks for twenty something years, you'd know where some of us older guys are coming from.

And GOB, I feel ya. For me, I've just resigned myself to the fact that this team will never win a championship. We are what we are. We had one good coach since '82, and our big shot was in '98. But then he quit, and it took Herm 5 years to return the team to the Kotite era, and here we are. Back to normal. But I'm gonna still get my kicks. I'm going to the Jets vs KC game and I'm gonna have fun. Win or lose, I'm gonna laugh and have fun. And with a little luck, I might just get close enough to pitch an egg at Hermy.

Or Mangini if the Jets lose.

:lol:

I didnt have the chance to read that thread, but fans that are in there teens or early twenties have all the reason in the world to say they have suffered, especially if there as passionate as most of us. I myself am 23 going on 24. I have bought MY OWN season tickets since 2001 and havent missed a home game since 1997 but attended games since "i was 5" I wasnt born for the Superbowl, my only hope is I get to witness one before I die. I travel to away games and invest a lot into this team. I have been to Wash, NE, Pitt, KC, Tenn, Mia, Buff, Balt and SD and because I invest a lot into this team I believe I have all the right to say I have suffered. Have I suffered as much as other fans who are in there 40's and 50's no not at all, but I think all of us feel our own suffering being fans and have the right to voice that. I'm not here trying to nit pick, but to say teenagers or fans in there twenties dont know suffer is false, espeically the ones like myself and I can vouch for 124 who invest a lot into this team. My only point.

I will friggin LAUGH if I see an egg go flying past his friggin head

Let go my egg go :P

Seriously though. Like I posted earlier. The Jets are our cross to bear. Everyone has them we just have to deal with it.

If the Rangers can win a Stanley Cup and the Red Sox can win not 1 but 2 World Series then I know in my heart of heart that the Jets can win the Super Bowl.

I didnt have the chance to read that thread, but fans that are in there teens or early twenties have all the reason in the world to say they have suffered, especially if there as passionate as most of us. I myself am 23 going on 24. I have bought MY OWN season tickets since 2001 and havent missed a home game since 1997 but attended games since "i was 5" I wasnt born for the Superbowl, my only hope is I get to witness one before I die. I travel to away games and invest a lot into this team. I have been to Wash, NE, Pitt, KC, Tenn, Mia, Buff, Balt and SD and because I invest a lot into this team I believe I have all the right to say I have suffered. Have I suffered as much as other fans who are in there 40's and 50's no not at all, but I think all of us feel our own suffering being fans and have the right to voice that. I'm not here trying to nit pick, but to say teenagers or fans in there twenties dont know suffer is false, espeically the ones like myself and I can vouch for 124 who invest a lot into this team. My only point.

To put things in perspective, I first bought my season tickets while you were still nestled in your mother's womb. There is no suffering like long term suffering. Yes, you younger guys feel the pain every year as is the case of any Jets fan, but you haven't seen anything yet. Get into your 30's, 40's or 50's and you will understand.

To put things in perspective, I first bought my season tickets while you were still nestled in your mother's womb. There is no suffering like long term suffering. Yes, you younger guys feel the pain every year as is the case of any Jets fan, but you haven't seen anything yet. Get into your 30's, 40's or 50's and you will understand.

I wasnt disputing that at all, my only point is at 24 and being a fan like myself who travels, has season tickets and see's this team get close here and there I feel I have felt an extent of suffering. I was in Denver in 98, Pitt in 2004 and I know games like that go back to the Cleveland playoff game in 1986 that I havent witnessed, so the suffering of a Jet fan is a diffent suffering and pain for the older fan, but I just dont think the younger fan cant feel his own suffering for what he witnessed as a Jets fan and not get criticized because hes not over 40.

When me and my brother first got season tickets in 1978 the Jets were advertising season ticket sales on the radio :lol: they couldn't give them away.

Do any of these ''young diehard Jet fans'' remember home games being blacked out at Shea because we sucked and the stadium was empty? :lol:

I don't think so. I'm not saying the younger generation is less a fan then the older generation. but I remember when you couldn't see home games because they were blacked out (in 1977 and 1978). I had to listen to Marty Glickman and Dave Herman on the radio in 1977. :rolleyes:

When me and my brother first got season tickets in 1978 the Jets were advertising season ticket sales on the radio :lol: they couldn't give them away.

Do any of these ''young diehard Jet fans'' remember home games being blacked out at Shea because we sucked and the stadium was empty? :lol:

I don't think so. I'm not saying the younger generation is less a fan then the older generation. but I remember when you couldn't see home games because they were blacked out (in 1977 and 1978). I had to listen to Marty Glickman and Dave Herman on the radio in 1977. :rolleyes:

On the positive side, I used to go to Shea, give the ticket taker $2 to get in and the usher $1 for a guaranteed seat. If someone came with a ticket for the seat you were in, they would just take you to another one, and there were plenty available. Now I'm out a guaranteed $250 for every home game.

I wasnt disputing that at all, my only point is at 24 and being a fan like myself who travels, has season tickets and see's this team get close here and there I feel I have felt an extent of suffering. I was in Denver in 98, Pitt in 2004 and I know games like that go back to the Cleveland playoff game in 1986 that I havent witnessed, so the suffering of a Jet fan is a diffent suffering and pain for the older fan, but I just dont think the younger fan cant feel his own suffering for what he witnessed as a Jets fan and not get criticized because hes not over 40.

I'm not saying young fans can't suffer, but the things that we have seen would curl your toes. The mud bowl, when a damn good team that was red hot got screwed by that cheating bastard Don Shula in the AFC title game, the Cleveland game in '86, the fake spike etc. etc. etc. By the time you are 40, you will have a closet full of horror stories to tell the young 'uns. Count on it.

You invest alot in this team because your other expenses have been subsidized by your parents. You're a spoiled kid. Hooray for you but nothing to brag about like you're some self made man. And no, you haven't suffered. If you were born in 1984, that means you were twelve when Parcells became HC.

I feel your pain only because I've been there...5 decades of it. Think you'll last that many decades bleeding green?

You were 14 years old and you got to go to Denver to see the AFC Championship game? Do tell.

You invest alot in this team because your other expenses have been subsidized. You're a spoiled kid. Hooray for you but nothing to brag about like you're some self made man. And no, you haven't suffered. If you were born in 1984, that means you were twelve when Parcells became HC.

Spoiled? dude im not going to advertise my life on a board, but i am not spoiled at alllllll and far from it, so dont attack me personally man seriously, dont get saying stuff like that at all because its not the truth, nothing for me subsidized at all.

Spoiled? dude im not going to advertise my life on a board, but i am not spoiled at alllllll and far from it, so dont attack me personally man seriously, dont get saying stuff like that at all because its not the truth, nothing for me subsidized at all.

So how did you finance the trip to Denver in '98?

You were 14 years old and you got to go to Denver to see the AFC Championship game? Do tell.

I was fortunate enough to go to that game at that time. I dont need to get into my life storys man, but dont go calling people spoiled because its not the case. Just leave it at that.

I just wanted to say first of all, being a man and showing some passion, feelings, or emotion is not a sign of a "womanly" man. It's the people who call him that who are insecure about their own manhood.

Yes...I am insecure about my manhood because I poked fun of one of my friends.

So you're going to bash someone for their father taking them on a road trip when they're 14? How is it being spoiled if a father wants to take his son to a road game? Just because you might not have been able to do it while you were younger doesn't mean that he is spoiled.

Also, what about the Pittsburgh trip in 2004 and the Kansas City trip in 05? The New England trip in 2006? All of these "financed" by NYJETS11. Daddy didn't pay for those ones and he is in college.

I myself am financing my own trip up to New England this year and did so for both games up there last season as well. And I too pay for my own season ticket.

Thing is, we're not just some spoiled young kids who havn't been through suffering. Have we been through the 70's and 80's? No. But we did go through Kotite, we went through Parcells jumping ship, Sperman, Groh, Belichick jumping ship and now have Mangini. We've seen suffering and we will be there until we die. We could've jumped ship a long, long time ago when we were watching the Jets go 3-13 and then 1-15. We could've said "Hey Dad, can you get me a Troy Aikman jersey instead of Boomer Esiason?". But guess what, we didn't. We're in it for the long haul. Just because we're not in our 40's does not mean we're not die hard fans.

I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to root for this team anymore. The owner has yet to show me he really wants to win. 7 years and the biggest splash has been overpaying an OC named Dinger. He has repeatedly avoided spending money on this franchise and it shows.

I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to root for this team anymore. The owner has yet to show me he really wants to win. 7 years and the biggest splash has been overpaying an OC named Dinger. He has repeatedly avoided spending money on this franchise and it shows.

And you can do the same. Don't spend money on them but root for them at home.

I'm not knocking Pat...He wants to root for the Packers...let him. But I won't accept him back when we win a Super Bowl. You hear me GOB!

He went dudelove

So you're going to bash someone for their father taking them on a road trip when they're 14? How is it being spoiled if a father wants to take his son to a road game? Just because you might not have been able to do it while you were younger doesn't mean that he is spoiled.

Also, what about the Pittsburgh trip in 2004 and the Kansas City trip in 05? The New England trip in 2006? All of these "financed" by NYJETS11. Daddy didn't pay for those ones and he is in college.

I myself am financing my own trip up to New England this year and did so for both games up there last season as well. And I too pay for my own season ticket.

Thing is, we're not just some spoiled young kids who havn't been through suffering. Have we been through the 70's and 80's? No. But we did go through Kotite, we went through Parcells jumping ship, Sperman, Groh, Belichick jumping ship and now have Mangini. We've seen suffering and we will be there until we die. We could've jumped ship a long, long time ago when we were watching the Jets go 3-13 and then 1-15. We could've said "Hey Dad, can you get me a Troy Aikman jersey instead of Boomer Esiason?". But guess what, we didn't. We're in it for the long haul. Just because we're not in our 40's does not mean we're not die hard fans.

It's amazing. Everybody defensively responding to my post wasn't even in the GOB thread.

Why are all of you getting so defensive? I made a point, and it was valid.

Obviously I hit a raw nerve with you and NYJETS11 with what I said, but that was never my intention.

I don't even want to continue the conversation because it's complete BS.

And you can do the same. Don't spend money on them but root for them at home.

I'm not knocking Pat...He wants to root for the Packers...let him. But I won't accept him back when we win a Super Bowl. You hear me GOB!

He went dudelove

I hear you - but just like the red sox long drouht, long drouhts are not by accident. They are the result of years of a poorly run franchise. Leon Hess sucked just as bad. Some people just can't live through another Leon Hess which is what Woody is.

My adopted team has been Dallas all year. I can't help it. I can't allow myself to be tortured by another gutless owner with shallow packets again. I love the Jets and always will - but for now they are difficult to root for. They have managed to hire herm, trade my two favorite players (Keyshawn and S Moss)and allow 2 super bowl winning coaches to walk out the door. You couldn't write a better comedy scetch.

I hear you - but just like the red sox long drouht, long drouhts are not by accident. They are the result of years of a poorly run franchise. Leon Hess sucked just as bad. Some people just can't live through another Leon Hess which is what Woody is.

You just hold up right there. there is no comparison between Woody and Hess. Hess actually cared about the fans.

Hess did the following

1)Rarely raised ticket prices

2)was the last owner to make you pay for pre season tickets

3)He moved the Jets out of that **** hole shea stadium

He had no clue how to run the team from a football stand point, but that's not his fault.

Woody on the other hand is all about money.

My adopted team has been Dallas all year. I can't help it. I can't allow myself to be tortured by another gutless owner with shallow packets again. I love the Jets and always will - but for now they are difficult to root for. They have managed to hire herm, trade my two favorite players and allow 2 super bowl winning coaches to walk out the door. You could write a better comedy scetch.

You have an adopted team?:rolleyes:

That is funny! haha!

You just hold up right there. there is no comparison between Woody and Hess. Hess actually cared about the fans.

Hess did the following

1)Rarely raised ticket prices

2)was the last owner to make you pay for pre season tickets

3)He moved the Jets out of that **** hole shea stadium

He had no clue how to run the team from a football stand point, but that's not his fault.

Woody on the other hand is all about money.

You have an adopted team?:rolleyes:

That is funny! haha!

Hess was a joke homey. He hired his friends for football positions. Gutman, Kotite and Walton were all his pals and that is why they got the jobs. Gutman is a ****y idiot. Pats have the highest ticket prices in the league right now. Think I would care if we were winning like that? And yes he moved us from shea to GIANTS stadium. F'n cheapskate is what he was.

Archived