...Chad Johnson

Jetscode1

Not sure this would play well in Gotham...

CHAD, T.J. "OUT OF CONTROL"

A league source tells us that there is growing animosity in the Bengals locker room toward receivers Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

Per the source, both are yelling "all the time" at quarterback Carson Palmer, but coach Marvin Lewis doesn't say or do anything about it. Players are also upset that the two receivers are trying to "run the team."

The situation reminds us of the latter days of the Denny Green era in Minnesota, where receivers Cris Carter and Randy Moss were berating quarterback Daunte Culpepper and operating under a separate set of rules.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

The title of this thread is very misleading.

Sorry...with all the discussion lately about Chad Johnson coming to the Gang Green.

I was actually coming around 2 it.

I read this off another board and it made me re-consider whether he could work for Mangini...

Sorry...with all the discussion lately about Chad Johnson coming to the Gang Green.

I was actually coming around 2 it.

I read this off another board and it made me re-consider whether he could work for Mangini...

I'd love to have him as our #1 with his talent and with Coles being over 30 but I honestly don't think he's a "Mangini Guy" so I doubt we'll see him in Green and White, sadly.

Marvin Lewis has no control over this team. The best thing they can do is fire him and get someone int here who can weed out the losers and build around the core of players they have. The Bengals are a very talented but are run like a semi- pro team.

Marvin Lewis has no control over this team. The best thing they can do is fire him and get someone int here who can weed out the losers and build around the core of players they have. The Bengals are a very talented but are run like a semi- pro team.

I think Lewis's days are numbered. The off the field legal issues plus his loss of clubhouse control has doomed him. And rightly so. IMO the ONLY way he comes back is if the Bengals will owe him any money. They are SO cheap they'll bring him back rather than buy out any remaining years he might have.

I agree. Marvin Lewis is a terrible coach.

Problem is, it's somewhat of a Herm situation, where the team has such a terrible history that some people think a mediocre, underachieving coach is the savior because they aren't 3-13 every year anymore.

They need an entirely new coaching staff. They have all those offensive weapons, but they run a vanilla, predictable scheme. They are also the most undisciplined team in football. Think the Jets make a lot of stupid penalties? Watch a Bengals game.

If we had a decent OL, Cotchery and Coles can do the job. Same thing with the defense-get a playmaking DL guy. Sign Alan Faneca and Jared Allen, not a showboat jerk like Johnson.

bugg you know we have zero chance in getting jared

worst case for chefs is they franchise him

he is their best player outside of LJ

bugg you know we have zero chance in getting jared

worst case for chefs is they franchise him

he is their best player outside of LJ

KC is run by idiots and morons who've tied up a ton of cash in LJ. We can make a solid offer with more on the back end than KC can offer. If they franchise Allen, they're cap numbers are going to be ridiculous.

Archived