Possible Trade With Detroit?

MikeJetsWord

I keep hearing all of this talk about trading Chad and Coles to KC for a 1st and 4th pick in this upcoming draft. I say if that happens then we have to make a trade with Detroit. This is why I think so.

If we could work out some blockbuster trade with Detroit sending Vilma and maybe D-rob and a pick to Detroit in return for Shaun Rogers and Roy Williams I would take it in a heartbeat. It makes sense because Vilma would be perfect in the Tampa-2 defense and would return to his pro-bowl ways. It would be good for us because we get a true NT for our 3-4 defense, and a big tall true #1 reciever to replace Coles. PLus rumor is that Roy wants out of Detriot..

I hate this season, and everything involved with it, Im just hoping for something crazy to happen this offseason because Im sick of watching the worlds most boring offense. Is it too crazy to get some sort of trade like this worked out?

I keep hearing all of this talk about trading Chad and Coles to KC for a 1st and 4th pick in this upcoming draft. I say if that happens then we have to make a trade with Detroit. This is why I think so.

If we could work out some blockbuster trade with Detroit sending Vilma and maybe D-rob and a pick to Detroit in return for Shaun Rogers and Roy Williams I would take it in a heartbeat. It makes sense because Vilma would be perfect in the Tampa-2 defense and would return to his pro-bowl ways. It would be good for us because we get a true NT for our 3-4 defense, and a big tall true #1 reciever to replace Coles. PLus rumor is that Roy wants out of Detriot..

I hate this season, and everything involved with it, Im just hoping for something crazy to happen this offseason because Im sick of watching the worlds most boring offense. Is it too crazy to get some sort of trade like this worked out?

Thanks, I needed the laugh....

You guys have to be kidding with this trade crap....

Just trying to have something hopeful to look forward to... Do you seriously think the Jets wont make some type of trade this offseason?

They will try. They will not find someone dumb enough to make that kind of a trade.

Let's dispell the myth that Vilma and DRob were that good in a 4-3 and will have a lot of value to other 4-3 teams. They were better than they are in the 3-4, but Vilma made the Pro Bowl on # of tackles and college rep, he was never an impact MLB. And DRob was a major disappointment.

They will try. They will not find someone dumb enough to make that kind of a trade.

Let's dispell the myth that Vilma and DRob were that good in a 4-3 and will have a lot of value to other 4-3 teams. They were better than they are in the 3-4, but Vilma made the Pro Bowl on # of tackles and college rep, he was never an impact MLB. And DRob was a major disappointment.

Let's dispell the myth that Vilma wasnt good in the 4-3. He was extremely effective, and i was really pleasantly surprised to see him play as well as he did his first two seasons. I thought he was doing very well prior to the scheme change. No, he wasnt dominant, nor did i expect him to be.

Unlike your assumption, he was not a dominant player in college, either. He was a fast and smart MLB who covered a lot of ground, and got his assignments right. He didnt have to be dominant, as he played on defense with:

-Wilfork

-DJ Williams

-Leon Williams

-Sean Taylor

-Antrelle Rolle

-Darrell McClover

-Jerome Macdougal

-Rocky McIntosh

-Matt Walters

In 2001, he also played with Ed Reed. It was not a one man defense that required any one player to be dominant.

He was so not a dominant player on that defense, and never had that rep.

But he always played well in the 4-3.

Quit hogging the good stuff....Puff, puff, pass......

Let's dispell the myth that Vilma wasnt good in the 4-3. He was extremely effective, and i was really pleasantly surprised to see him play as well as he did his first two seasons. I thought he was doing very well prior to the scheme change. No, he wasnt dominant, nor did i expect him to be.

Unlike your assumption, he was not a dominant player in college, either. He was a fast and smart MLB who covered a lot of ground, and got his assignments right. He didnt have to be dominant, as he played on defense with:

-Wilfork

-DJ Williams

-Leon Williams

-Sean Taylor

-Antrelle Rolle

-Darrell McClover

-Jerome Macdougal

-Rocky McIntosh

-Matt Walters

In 2001, he also played with Ed Reed. It was not a one man defense that required any one player to be dominant.

Good analysis. Vilma was a very effective player. He was not the one man wrecking crew in the 4-3 that many here make him out to be. OTOH, some of us may go overboard downplaying his effectiveness to dispute those claims.

Roy Williams is an underachiever and Detroit would be insane to trade Shaun Rogers.

Roger wants out and last time I checked he's not that old. I'll love this, but I don't see how Detroit can do this. On the other hand, they do have McMillan.

Just trying to have something hopeful to look forward to... Do you seriously think the Jets wont make some type of trade this offseason?

This is the NFL, so no, I don't think there will be many trades.. It's not baseball.. You don't see 4 player swaps everyday... the cap hit against both teams would be amazing. That's why you usually see pick for pick trades... or guys who were going to be cut anyway trades.

-Wilfork

-DJ Williams

-Leon Williams

-Sean Taylor

-Antrelle Rolle

-Darrell McClover

-Jerome Macdougal

-Rocky McIntosh

-Matt Walters

You are right. He was not dominant in college either. But, because he played with such a great group, he was highly effective. With the Jets in the 4-3, he still played with a lot of speed and range, but without the studs around him he was constantly making tackles 5, 6 yards or more downfield instead of close to the LOS like he did in college. He can still be effective in a 4-3, with the right personel around him. Bottom line is he never should have been drafted in the spot the Jets did, and now that his weaknesses have been exposed in the NFL, the Jets will be very lucky to get a second round pick for him.

Archived