Cameron Fired![Merged]

afosomf

Updated: January 3, 2008, 9:07 AM ET

Dolphins coach Cam Cameron was fired Thursday morning, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports, continuing the team's shakeup following the hiring of Bill Parcells as head of football operations.

link

who in their right mind would want to work for Huizinga anymore? We all know Parcells will be out of there in 2 years and the whole thing is going to blow up all over again when the owner down here starts talking about selling the team after (another) 2 years of NOT making the playoffs

who in their right mind would want to work for Huizinga anymore? We all know Parcells will be out of there in 2 years and the whole thing is going to blow up all over again when the owner down here starts talking about selling the team after (another) 2 years of NOT making the playoffs

Oh Romeo where art thou Romeo???

You think so? I'm thinking Parcells finally has figured it out that the Florida sun is the place to hang his hat in his remaining years...it wouldn't surprise me at all that pineapple head Huizinga makes Parcells a partner. Stay tuned.

Oh Romeo where art thou Romeo???

Romeo ain't going nowhere-he solidified his place in Cleveland for another year at least-if he goes back to another 5 win type season he may be out in '09. He's one of the good guys IMO and was the guy a lot of us thought would end up with Sutton's job after he got fired. As it turns out I HOPE we get the biker dude from Oakland as he's been the #1 choice of mine all along...

Wow the poor guy was there for 1 year ,with a team he didn't even put together.They

should have given him at Least another year.Nobody is going to want to coach this team if

thats how you are going to be treated.Working for the Dolfags must suck and thats why

they suck .......No Loyalty :bag:

WTF?!!!

THE GUY WON 1 GAME. This is Miami. If he would have won like 4 games than i can understand bringing him back. But to be honest they could have easily gone 0-16 if the Ravens hadn't given up. I'm sorry but he couldn't even beat us and we sucked ass this year. I take it that the only reason you are saying that is because you want him to stay so we can always sweep the Phins. Which would be nice but if they wouldve kept that guy Miami wouldve rioted.

Romeo ain't going nowhere-he solidified his place in Cleveland for another year at least-if he goes back to another 5 win type season he may be out in '09. He's one of the good guys IMO and was the guy a lot of us thought would end up with Sutton's job after he got fired. As it turns out I HOPE we get the biker dude from Oakland as he's been the #1 choice of mine all along...

not talking about coming here

BP may have other plans, his contract expired in Cle i believe

WTF?!!!

THE GUY WON 1 GAME. This is Miami. If he would have won like 4 games than i can understand bringing him back. But to be honest they could have easily gone 0-16 if the Ravens hadn't given up. I'm sorry but he couldn't even beat us and we sucked ass this year. I take it that the only reason you are saying that is because you want him to stay so we can always sweep the Phins. Which would be nice but if they wouldve kept that guy Miami wouldve rioted.

What does "this is Miami" supposed to mean?

I thought he was unlucky enough. He made some bonehead desicions yes, but that was always going to be an awful team and was going to take more than one year to fix.

IMO he will go to San Fran as offensive co-ordinator, I think he could make a good job of that offence.

Maybe we should make him OC and demote Schottenheimer to QB coach, lol.

Of course, if Mangini's going to fire both his OC and DC in the same season, he should just fire himself.

That would be a great idea, but chances are it will be a bit in reverse. Unless someone out there wants Cameron as an OC, he probably comes here to be the QB coach.

That would be a great idea, but chances are it will be a bit in reverse. Unless someone out there wants Cameron as an OC, he probably comes here to be the QB coach.

That was their (respective) prior jobs with SD, no?

I was only joking anyway; no way Mangini fires/demotes both BS and Sutton in the same season.

That was their (respective) prior jobs with SD, no?

I was only joking anyway; no way Mangini fires/demotes both BS and Sutton in the same season.

It was, but as you said, Schotty is not going to get demoted. Brees credits Schott for his development.

I'm not necessarily sold on Cameron anyway, if you've got Brees, LT and Gates all on the same team, you should probably be succesful. For me, Cameron has got to succeed with a different cast of players before I'd think he'd be some sort of savior.

You want a good offensive mind? I hear Mike Martz is available...

Archived