On My Way to the Mailbox...

Smizzy

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My brother broke his ankle last week and blew it off for a day before going to the ER. luckily it was the small bone on the outer part. and he didn't **** it up by walking on it. If it's that bad stay off of it and get your ass to the ER. it could be the difference between just a cast, or surgery and then a cast. get your ass to the ER Smizzy.

Solid advice BP. Smizzy, listen up.

The ER is only worth the trip if you're in major pain. Get to an orthopedic surgeon in the AM. be sure to explain the severity of the situation or he'll tell you to come by in february. Of course he'll send you for an X-Ray +/or MRI but you might have to wait for the swelling to subside first anyway. If you have any Ibuprofen start taking 800mg every 6 hrs for 3 doses. Ice that thing down in a bucket with crushed ice & water. 10 minute cycles every hour X's 3. If a bucket or crushed ice isn't available use a bag of frozen peas.

The ER is only worth the trip if you're in major pain. Get to an orthopedic surgeon in the AM. be sure to explain the severity of the situation or he'll tell you to come by in february. Of course he'll send you for an X-Ray +/or MRI but you might have to wait for the swelling to subside first anyway. If you have any Ibuprofen start taking 800mg every 6 hrs for 3 doses. Ice that thing down in a bucket with crushed ice & water. 10 minute cycles every hour X's 3. If a bucket or crushed ice isn't available use a bag of frozen peas.

i went to the ER after swallowing gum, and thats the most worthwhile, albeit only ER trip ive ever made!

lis

oh i am so sorry smizzy. :( T-mac gives excelllent advice.

i had my knee misdiagnosed for two years.. and after 2 mins with an orthopedic.. he rightly diagnosed an acl tear, and if hadn't had the bad initial advice, it probably wouldnt have been torn so completely or my meniscus shredded so bad.

please give us an update. i hope you find a week to work every thing out.

Yet it wasn't til you saw the terms "condescending preachy little douchebag" that you realised.

Even his fans feel the same, I guess.

No actually at first when you seemed to know so much about the guy I figured he was overseas since I had no clue who it was. Then I looked at the link and it said Oliver in it.

obviously...my ankle is hurt. I have regular aspirin but no pain killers and I don't want to drink...I have stuff to do in the kitchen.

How can I dull some of this pain? Seriously...I can't go to the ER...we are in the middle of a blizzard and the roads are bad.

Any serious suggestions?

obviously...my ankle is hurt. I have regular aspirin but no pain killers and I don't want to drink...I have stuff to do in the kitchen.

How can I dull some of this pain? Seriously...I can't go to the ER...we are in the middle of a blizzard and the roads are bad.

Any serious suggestions?

1st up you should have gone to the ER yesterday like we told you. You're thinking right in NOT mixing pain killers and alcohol. Before I had my last knee surgery Doc had me on 1000 mg. of ibuprofin . That's 5 of the normal little OTC pills. Seemed to work pretty good. for me and my stomach was fine with it.

1st up you should have gone to the ER yesterday like we told you. You're thinking right in NOT mixing pain killers and alcohol. Before I had my last knee surgery Doc had me on 1000 mg. of ibuprofin . That's 5 of the normal little OTC pills. Seemed to work pretty good. for me and my stomach was fine with it.

I know,I know but I made a choice. I will go Sunday. Just looking some advice not so much to have my nose rubbed in it,you bastid!!!

Any serious suggestions?

i'd probably say put some ice on it

I know,I know but I made a choice. I will go Sunday. Just looking some advice not so much to have my nose rubbed in it,you bastid!!!

Now you're waiting to go until Sunday? What are you nuts? Have fun missing the Conference Championship games. Go TOMORROW MORNING. The roads will be fine by then.

Now you're waiting to go until Sunday? What are you nuts? Have fun missing the Conference Championship games. Go TOMORROW MORNING. The roads will be fine by then.

I don't have 4 hours to waste tomorrow. I will go the minute my job is over. I might even go Saturday night on my way home.

Do you really think you broke it? If you are walking around on it, I'm thinking it's a sprain. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to put any weight on it at all. No med attn until Sunday now? You are out of your mind.

And what does your wife say about this? Is she not urging you to get to the doc?

Archived