On My Way to the Mailbox...

Smizzy

I stepped in a hole and broke my ankle. Took me 20 minutes to craw back up the front yard ,through the snow into the house. My 3 yrd old cheered me on from the Bay window :rl:

I have a catering job tomorrow and the biggest catering job of my life on Saturday. I am my only employee :rl:

So...I have a choice to make. Go to the hospital or go shopping for my menus. Or go Shopping than go to the hospital. I can't cancel the jobs. It's too late for that.

On top of all that...my ankle is double the size and is throbbing. I might throw up from the pain.

Now...In JN style...line up and mock me ,You dirty sons of bitches!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My brother broke his ankle last week and blew it off for a day before going to the ER. luckily it was the small bone on the outer part. and he didn't **** it up by walking on it. If it's that bad stay off of it and get your ass to the ER. it could be the difference between just a cast, or surgery and then a cast. get your ass to the ER Smizzy.

My brother broke his ankle last week and blew it off for a day before going to the ER. luckily it was the small bone on the outer part. and he didn't **** it up by walking on it. If it's that bad stay off of it and get your ass to the ER. it could be the difference between just a cast, or surgery and then a cast. get your ass to the ER Smizzy.

I ****ing HATE the hospital.

I stepped in a hole and broke my ankle. Took me 20 minutes to craw back up the front yard ,through the snow into the house. My 3 yrd old cheered me on from the Bay window :rl:

I have a catering job tomorrow and the biggest catering job of my life on Saturday. I am my only employee :rl:

So...I have a choice to make. Go to the hospital or go shopping for my menus. Or go Shopping than go to the hospital. I can't cancel the jobs. It's too late for that.

On top of all that...my ankle is double the size and is throbbing. I might throw up from the pain.

Smizzy - that sucks!!!!! (although your son's reaction is priceless;))

1) have your wife go shopping while you are attended to at the ER - make her a list. Have your mom, her mom, neighbor, whatever tend to the children.

or

2) shop now then go to the ER. God knows you will be stuck in the place for at least 4 hours.

or

3) Go to the ER NOW - then shop - you should still have some time?

Good luck and so sorry this happened at such a rotten time!

Smizzy - that sucks!!!!! (although your son's reaction is priceless;))

1) have your wife go shopping while you are attended to at the ER - make her a list. Have your mom, her mom, neighbor, whatever tend to the children.

or

2) shop now then go to the ER. God knows you will be stuck in the place for at least 4 hours.

or

3) Go to the ER NOW - then shop - you should still have some time?

Good luck and so sorry this happened at such a rotten time!

If I go to the ER it will eat up anytime I had to shop. If I put off the ER till after I shop,I won't have anytime to cook,lol.

and send her to the store? :rl: PRICELESS!!!

If I go to the ER it will eat up anytime I had to shop. If I put off the ER till after I shop,I won't have anytime to cook,lol.

and send her to the store? :rl: PRICELESS!!!

Hey, you need to work with me here. You need to be attended to by a medical professional as soon as possible and you have a catering gig tomorrow. Bucko - find someone (comptetant) that will do the shopping for you. Stop lolly-gaggling 'round your desktop too. Get up - go!

....noodle ankle....

POTW Nomination :)

Go to the emergency room immediately before you screw up your ankle even more. Then you can hit the 24 hour Waldbaums or something.

BTW, I saw you wearing shorts at a Harley tailgate. A more accurate description of your injury would be a broken Cankle.

I agree with dna!

Go to the emergency room and get it taken care of or else you might be in so much pain that you can't get through the catering job anyway.

Call a neighbor and call in a favor to watch the kids and then hit the store on the way home.

If you lived closer I would help you out and shop for you or watch the kids. Sorry smizzy!

In this instance Smizz I would wrap the ankle with ace bandage and pop 800mg of Ibuprofen. Unless its a compound break and you can feel the jaged bone. Theres nothing going to set up over the next 5 days that they cant undo after the weekend when you've got time to go get it looked at. If they dont see a clean break in an X-ray - they're likely just to put a walking cast on it anyway. The only downside of not going to the ER right now is not getting some good beans to help with the pain. Carry on dude - you da man.

OMG this totally sucks, I'm so sorry to hear this. :1cry: You have GOT TO get medical attention or you will just suffer needlessly. Get it looked at and do your shopping/cooking tomorrow as soon as you can. Anyone to back you up and take over your Thursday night gig? Maybe by Friday you'll be feeling a bit better to pull off Saturday with little disruption.

I fell over the summer and f'd up my right ankle and left knee. That was 5 months and still I have bizarre pain and soreness. Can't even imagine a broken ankle.

Listen to the ladies (and BP) and take care of this NOW!

How far away are you? I can pick up JetFanByMarriage and we'll take care of everything! haha.

PS: You need some shots of Patron. Got any?

I bet the spammers dug the hole.

They're out to get you Smizz, you're a soft target.

actually we placed a dollar bill on the ground and then a penny

Smizzy tripped over the dollar to pick up the penny!

sorry for your pain, I'm sure JGB and SJ will help you out;)

Exactly, how you gonna walk, stand and cook, load your vehicle, do all the lifting, be on your feet all day. Damn, hope your wife can pitch in, friends, siblings? Give your kids jobs! One can handle the money, other can serve up the dishes and you can sit back a little. Maybe?!!

We're tying! JN family cares Smizzy! Good luck. :crossfingers:

Archived