Got The Chance to Hear Tiki Barber Speak Today

Mavrik

I work at the University of Michigan, and every MLK day, they fill it up with a large amount of guest speakers to talk about Dr. King and other causes. Tiki Barber gave one of the guest lectures today speaking on character and what it means to have it. I had a perception of what I though Barber was (as far as criticizing Coughlin, etc) and the fact that he was a Giant, but I was surprised at how eloquent he is. Gave a great speech talking about character and showing growth in it. Also talked about growing up with his brother and his single mother, who worked 3 jobs, and who taught them about respecting others.

Had a question and answer session and had quite a few people (giants fans) ask him about retiring, or as one douchebag in the crowd put it, "quitting". He simply said that he had come to the point in his life where football was no longer his passion, and felt he'd be doing himself and his team a disservice by staying. He's involved with his media position with NBC, but a lot of people don't know is that he's also very involved in community-building initiatives through a organization he started with Stephen Ross who is connected with UofM. Said that those who showed great character in football were the ones who did things for others when no one was watching.

Overall great speech.

I work at the University of Michigan, and every MLK day, they fill it up with a large amount of guest speakers to talk about Dr. King and other causes. Tiki Barber gave one of the guest lectures today speaking on character and what it means to have it. I had a perception of what I though Barber was (as far as criticizing Coughlin, etc) and the fact that he was a Giant, but I was surprised at how eloquent he is. Gave a great speech talking about character and showing growth in it. Also talked about growing up with his brother and his single mother, who worked 3 jobs, and who taught them about respecting others.

Had a question and answer session and had quite a few people (giants fans) ask him about retiring, or as one douchebag in the crowd put it, "quitting". He simply said that he had come to the point in his life where football was no longer his passion, and felt he'd be doing himself and his team a disservice by staying. He's involved with his media position with NBC, but a lot of people don't know is that he's also very involved in community-building initiatives through a organization he started with Stephen Ross who is connected with UofM. Said that those who showed great character in football were the ones who did things for others when no one was watching.

Overall great speech.

Tiki is an eloquent speaker indeed. He also performs many good deeds and does alot of good things. His fatal flaw is his narcissism. He puts himself before anything and anyone in terms of football. What he did to his teammates and coaches both before and after he retired was just unacceptable. I hope it kills him to see the Giants winning.

Tiki is an eloquent speaker indeed. He also performs many good deeds and does alot of good things. His fatal flaw is his narcissism. He puts himself before anything and anyone in terms of football. What he did to his teammates and coaches both before and after he retired was just unacceptable. I hope it kills him to see the Giants winning.

Vinny isnt a narcissism

Overall great speech.

This is after-the-fact nonsense. He'd have come back if Coughlin was fired.

It was no secret he didn't like Coughlin.

It was no secret he thought Eli didn't have what it takes to "lead" the team to a SB.

And this is the same dumbass that meddled with Strahan's contract negotiations by spewing his unnecessary input to the media. Strahan, while sharing a then-similar dislike for Coughlin, isn't really a fan of Tiki any time he's not carrying a football.

Great, great talent. And a total d'bag & team cancer. Agree with Boozer - I hope the Giants' success (including the #4 rushing offense) is killing him.

I've no doubt he's a great speaker & i've always thought of him as a classy nf'er.

It surprised me that he spoke out against his coach & teamates the way he did and it's backfiring on him bigtime.

i'd go listen to him speak if he's in town though.

I wonder if he realizes how bad he hurt his reputation of being a stand up guy though.

If the giants imploded this year as tiki & everyone else thought they would, little damage but now he looks like a real ass

:rl::rl::rl::rl::rl::rl:

of course 20/20 hindsight u can say it. why don't u ask charger fans if they'd be happier with eli or have both merriman and rivers.

merriman = loudmouth with amazing talent but character issues and roid issues

rivers = dumb enough to play when Volek was healthy and a nice b-option

eli = flawless

Archived