Patriots player arrested.

JETSFAN5180

• 3 months later...

http://www.lowellsun.com/breakingnews/ci_9208439

LOWELL -- New England Patriots player Willie Andrews admitted to a drug-possession charge on Friday. Lowell District Court Judge Neil Walker ordered the case continued without a finding for one year. Prosecutors had asked Walker for a guilty verdict.

Walker ruled that Andrews must meet several conditions:

* Andrews must complete 100 hours of community service by speaking to student-athletes in Lowell about the dangers of narcotics,

* He must pay a $1,000 fine.

* He must complete an NFL substance-abuse program. If Andrews is released from the NFL, he must report to probation and submit to drug evaluations and random screens.

Andrews, 24, of Texas, was arrested days after the Patriots lost the Super Bowl in February. Police received a tip about possible drug activity, and followed the car onto Duren Avenue.

Police said they found bags of marijuana, worth about $500, both in the car and on Andrews. Police also found $6,808 cash in the vehicle. At the time of arraignment, police had discovered no means to smoke the marijuana inside the vehicle such as rolling papers or pipes.

What a genius. He's scheduled to make $445,000 this year & he's selling $500 bags of weed.

That's what's so baffling about stories like these.

This kid is making almost a half million dollars a year. I can see him getting caught with a half once, but a half pound?

Is he really selling pot? Is he just playing the big shot and getting the whole hood high?

Weird stuff

That's what's so baffling about stories like these.

This kid is making almost a half million dollars a year. I can see him getting caught with a half once, but a half pound?

Is he really selling pot? Is he just playing the big shot and getting the whole hood high?

Weird stuff

That was my guess actually. Not the whole hood, but buying it for his buddies anyway. I can't see a guy with his salary selling weed $500 at a time for income.

That was my guess actually. Not the whole hood, but buying it for his buddies anyway. I can't see a guy with his salary selling weed $500 at a time for income.

Where are you getting a half pound for $500? It's $500 an ounce for the good stuff these days.

Archived