Report: McNamee has hard evidence vs. Clemens

NIGHT STALKER

A source close to Brian McNamee told the New York Daily News that the trainer gave the Justice Department's BALCO investigators vials with traces of steroids and growth hormone, as well as blood-stained syringes and gauze pads that may contain Roger Clemens' DNA.

McNamee's lawyers wouldn't say that was the case, though they did say they had evidence linking Clemens to performance enhancers. "This is evidence the government has that we believe will corroborate Brian in every significant way," said McNamee lawyer Earl Ward. Feb. 6 - 4:15 pm et

Source: New York Daily News

Why save it? Because it's against MLB policy and perhaps Roger made him use the stuff on him...just a guess. Secondly, if Roger's DNA is on that stuff he's as good as done.

Sure. Roger held a gun to his head.:roll:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3233878

Former personal trainer Brian McNamee has turned physical evidence that he believes will show Roger Clemens used performance-enhancing drugs over to federal investigators, his attorneys told the New York Daily News.

"This is evidence the government has that we believe will corroborate Brian in every significant way," McNamee lawyer Earl Ward told the Daily News.

The lawyers wouldn't discuss what the evidence is, but a source told the Daily News that McNamee gave vials with traces of steroids and human growth hormone, as well as blood-stained syringes and gauze pads that might contain Clemens' DNA, to the Justice Department's BALCO investigators.

The evidence has been sent to a lab for testing, and prosecutors might seek a court order for a DNA sample from Clemens if the evidence contains traces of drugs and blood, the Daily News reported.

McNamee kept the vials, gauze pads and syringes from the 2000 and 2001 seasons because he feared Clemens would deny using performance-enhancing drugs, the source told the Daily News.

"We will provide Congress with corroborative physical evidence that takes this case out of the he-said, she-said purview," another McNamee attorney, Richard Emery, told the Daily News. "From our point of view, this corroborates that Brian told the truth from Day One and Clemens has not."

Other witnesses may also come forward with information that corroborates McNamee's, the source told the Daily News.

Clemens gave a sworn deposition for about five hours to congressional lawyers behind closed doors Tuesday, addressing his former personal trainer's allegations. And this time, Clemens was under oath.

"I just want to thank the committee, the staff that I just met with. They were very courteous," the seven-time Cy Young Award winner said, wearing a pinstriped gray suit instead of a pinstriped New York Yankees uniform. "It was great to be able to tell them what I've been saying all along -- that I've never used steroids or growth hormone."

Tuesday's deposition was the first time Clemens faced legal risk if he were to make false statements.

In the 1

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3233878

Former personal trainer Brian McNamee has turned physical evidence that he believes will show Roger Clemens used performance-enhancing drugs over to federal investigators, his attorneys told the New York Daily News.

"This is evidence the government has that we believe will corroborate Brian in every significant way," McNamee lawyer Earl Ward told the Daily News.

The lawyers wouldn't discuss what the evidence is, but a source told the Daily News that McNamee gave vials with traces of steroids and human growth hormone, as well as blood-stained syringes and gauze pads that might contain Clemens' DNA, to the Justice Department's BALCO investigators.

The evidence has been sent to a lab for testing, and prosecutors might seek a court order for a DNA sample from Clemens if the evidence contains traces of drugs and blood, the Daily News reported.

McNamee kept the vials, gauze pads and syringes from the 2000 and 2001 seasons because he feared Clemens would deny using performance-enhancing drugs, the source told the Daily News.

"We will provide Congress with corroborative physical evidence that takes this case out of the he-said, she-said purview," another McNamee attorney, Richard Emery, told the Daily News. "From our point of view, this corroborates that Brian told the truth from Day One and Clemens has not."

Other witnesses may also come forward with information that corroborates McNamee's, the source told the Daily News.

Clemens gave a sworn deposition for about five hours to congressional lawyers behind closed doors Tuesday, addressing his former personal trainer's allegations. And this time, Clemens was under oath.

"I just want to thank the committee, the staff that I just met with. They were very courteous," the seven-time Cy Young Award winner said, wearing a pinstriped gray suit instead of a pinstriped New York Yankees uniform. "It was great to be able to tell them what I've been saying all along -- that I've never used steroids or growth hormone."

Tuesday's deposition was the first time Clemens faced legal risk if he were to make false statements.

In the 1

I'd expect something from Rogers camp along the lines of

"In trying to secure his employment, Mr. Mcnamee injected Mr. Clemens with HGH without Mr. Clemens' knowledge. Mr. Mcnamee assured Roger that what he was doing was completely legal and he blatantly violated the trust that Roger had in him. Mr. Mcnamee took it upon himself to inject Mr. Clemens with performance enhancing drugs hoping that Rogers success would be attirubted to his medical advice, guidance, and training so that his services would be retained"

I really don't know who is telling the truth in this case. On one side McNamee has nothing to gain and everything to lose if he is lying. On the other side Clemens is a workout warrior, and as much as I don't like the guy, he went in front of congress and denied any wrongdoing.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next few months.

Clemens , with all his high priced lawyers, better hope he didn't lie under oath to Congress. That's the one thing that WILL send him to prison. Like you said WTF does McNamee have to gain? Nothing. Then why say anything to start this. I think the key might be what Petitte said. He'd be in position to pretty much know if Clemens took anything. Like you said, it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Ok, a vial with traces doesnt prove Clemens did it. Gauze pads and syringes dont mean anything either. So it has DNA on it, doesnt mean he was injected with roids or HGH. A gauze pad means he wiped it on Clemens.

Ok, a vial with traces doesnt prove Clemens did it. Gauze pads and syringes dont mean anything either. So it has DNA on it, doesnt mean he was injected with roids or HGH. A gauze pad means he wiped it on Clemens.

I think what they're looking for is a syringe with traces of HGH and Clemens' DNA at which point team Clemens will say Roger thought he was getting something other than HGH/Sterioids.

I can't see this evidence holding up in court. 8 year old gauze? It could very well be real, but there is just too much wiggle room for a good defense lawyer to work with.

The chain of custody is so compromised, this could never hold up. There were eight years worth of opportunities for tampering.

True. The public could fall for this. On average, the public is pretty f'ing stupid.

I have a game used Piazza jersey. I am going to "rub it" on my wife, and claim he raped her..

Oh, wait, nobody would believe Mike likes women...

True. The public could fall for this. On average, the public is pretty f'ing stupid.

You don't say! The media will push this agenda and the stupid public (I call 'em sheep) follow? Oh my! The horror! ;)

How does one proove that gauze with Clemens' blood on it linked to syringes of HGH? And explain to me why this guy would hold on to this stuff? You know, bloody gauze and needles that should have been thrown away (safety) or sterilized. Was he planning on selling it on Ebay in the future?

I'd expect something from Rogers camp along the lines of

"In trying to secure his employment, Mr. Mcnamee injected Mr. Clemens with HGH without Mr. Clemens' knowledge. Mr. Mcnamee assured Roger that what he was doing was completely legal and he blatantly violated the trust that Roger had in him. Mr. Mcnamee took it upon himself to inject Mr. Clemens with performance enhancing drugs hoping that Rogers success would be attirubted to his medical advice, guidance, and training so that his services would be retained"

"Paging AirForceJetFan. The attorney for a Mr. Roger Clemens would like to speak with you"

You don't say! The media will push this agenda and the stupid public (I call 'em sheep) follow? Oh my! The horror! ;)

How does one proove that gauze with Clemens' blood on it linked to syringes of HGH? And explain to me why this guy would hold on to this stuff? You know, bloody gauze and needles that should have been thrown away (safety) or sterilized. Was he planning on selling it on Ebay in the future?

I thought Medical stuff like this was not allowed to be sold on E-Bay???:confused:

I will not offer an opinion till I hear what the new authority on hgh has to say.

where is gameface 67 anyway?

Roger has balls of steel if he is lieng about all this. mcnamee has no reason to indict roger other than being forced not to lie or face prison. ( has this theory of mine been mentioned yet? )

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't McNamee a former NYC cop who served a suspension or was fired? Not sure. Still, why would a former cop sell and inject steroids? Calls his character into question, right? Even just a little?

Archived