Mangini really after Law

Bravejamriot

Free agent cornerback Ty Law said yesterday he had a "good conversation" with Patriots coach Bill Belichick, but the Jets have been more aggressive in pursuing him."I'd say we're definitely on good terms," Law said of Belichick. "He did express his interest in me coming there and I expressed mine, but I don't know if it's something that can get handled soon enough."

Law, who was released by the Chiefs March 3, seems eager to strike a deal in the coming days. He visited the Jets yesterday and took a physical. Although he left without signing a contract, he indicated talks were continuing.

"I'm familiar up here with New York and [coach] Eric [ Mangini] and this system," Law said. "They've been aggressive and enthusiastic about getting something done."

Law left the door open for more talks with the Patriots.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/03/13/brown_not_likely_to_receive_offer_to_return_for_16th_year/

Depends on what the price is for me to judge it.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We got hosed if we sign him to vets minimum without a signing bonus. That's how much I do not want this malcontent on the team. He's a human pilon. I still picture LT making him look sick and scoring one of his 4 TDs.

We got hosed if we sign him to vets minimum without a signing bonus. That's how much I do not want this malcontent on the team. He's a human pilon. I still picture LT making him look sick and scoring one of his 4 TDs.

Yeah I don't want him either. But they need some help on those crossing routes.

:shutit:

If we're really interested he can be an adequate short term solution for our #2 CB if we sign him for cheap money.

the last thing I see when I open the dictionary and look up "Cheap Money" is a picture of Ty Law.

I'm not crazy about this move, but it's not all bad. I think Law will behave a little better under Mangini than he did with the BBQ chef. Law has lost a step, and he is probably a hold-the-fort guy, but he could definately help with Revis' development.

So let him come back. But if he wants his #24 jersey back, Revis should tell him to shove it up his a**.

This has got to be a ploy to drive up New England's price. There is not way they should want this old fool, especially for whatever amount the delusional clown wants.

I could see it happen, we're obviously looking to build a team to win now and anyone who thinks that Law is not an upgrade over Barrett or Miller is absolutely messed up.

He would improve the team, doubt it will be worth the price though.

I could see it happen, we're obviously looking to build a team to win now and anyone who thinks that Law is not an upgrade over Barrett or Miller is absolutely messed up.

Writing off Miller is short sighted. He was making excellent progress before he got hurt. We will have to see if he is 100% by TC. If he is, I would have no problem going with his speed and athleticism over the old fat turd money grubbing man.

And how much can Law have left? Herm didn't try to keep him. The same Herm who played Mo Lewis and Marvin Jones when they were in wheelchairs.

an orange pilon is an upgrade over Barrett or Miller.

The problem? Law, in a Jets jersey, would just be a green pilon.

Writing off Miller is short sighted. He was making excellent progress before he got hurt. We will have to see if he is 100% by TC. If he is, I would have no problem going with his speed and athleticism over the old fat turd money grubbing man.

And how much can Law have left? Herm didn't try to keep him. The same Herm who played Mo Lewis and Marvin Jones when they were in wheelchairs.

I'm sorry but I never saw this progress, everytime I've seen Miller he's been a liability on the field. Law will at least be able to hold his own.

Archived