Jets Contact Raiders...

Favorite_Toon

I would not want to give up half the active roster.. we are not fine with the running backs... how could you watch last year and think we are?? thomas jones is not a home run threat and never will be...leon wahington is a scat back at best... DMC is both of them combined..

Do you really think that Run "Until a defender touches me" DMC would have done any better behind the O-line we fielded last year, combined with our **** QB play? The issue wasn't the running backs.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sorry but I don't know what an idsot is.:rl:

Just kidding, but that was very bad timing for a spelling mistake. LOL

Do you really think that Run "Until a defender touches me" DMC would have done any better behind the O-line we fielded last year, combined with our **** QB play? The issue wasn't the running backs.

DMC IS A HOME RUN THREAT.. LIKE THEY SAID ON THE NFL NETWORK..MENDENHALL AND STEWART WIL BE GOOD... BUT DMC CAN WIN GAMES...

DMC IS A HOME RUN THREAT.. LIKE THEY SAID ON THE NFL NETWORK..MENDENHALL AND STEWART WIL BE GOOD... BUT DMC CAN WIN GAMES...

That doesn't even come close to answering what I asked......... I'm not sure whether or not you're a retarded person, or just a posting program with canned responses to hype DMC.

he wins games..hes a homerun threat... thoms jones is old... washington is nothing... and chatman..wont even be there in a year or so.. look theres no reason to argue this anymore..we will all see what happens draft day...

So you won't make anymore DMC threads or turn every unrelated thread on the board into a DMC debate? Fantastic!

There is no f'ing way I want the Jets to draft McFadden, ESPECIALLY if it costs us our best 34 Defensive End. Screw that. Who would the Jets play at DE then? Dewayne Robertson? Are you joking me? I know some knuckleheads think he can play there, but, he can't. This has got to be a freakin' joke. Hopefully the Jets pull their heads out of their arses and do not give up Coleman. They have nobody to replace him with. Starting a 43 DT bust whose counting $11 million on the cap this season at 34 DE is a mistake if that is their reasoning behind this.

There is no f'ing way I want the Jets to draft McFadden, ESPECIALLY if it costs us our best 34 Defensive End. Screw that. Who would the Jets play at DE then? Dewayne Robertson? Are you joking me? I know some knuckleheads think he can play there, but, he can't. This has got to be a freakin' joke. Hopefully the Jets pull their heads out of their arses and do not give up Coleman. They have nobody to replace him with. Starting a 43 DT bust whose counting $11 million on the cap this season at 34 DE is a mistake if that is their reasoning behind this.

Couldn't agree more.

Your dealing with a bunch of id$ots half the time..there are a few on here that are knowlegable and know what there talking about..the other nes just say stupid sh*t if they dont like a player... I just wish they showed there ages so then I know exactly who I was responding too..

Most of us have said why we don't like him. I don't want to go in on it again. I know it is hard to believe but some of us don't see DMC as the next anything, regardless of his yards from the QB position.

According to "Favorite_Toon" everyone here is an uneducated idiot / moron unless they agree with him in terms of the Jets "MUST" draft Darren McFadden because he is the second coming of Jesus Christ, and actually has 1.5% of Christs' blood running through his veins.

This is coming from the poster (FT) who can think of nothing but insulting other posters with you're "unknowledgeable" or an "idiot" everytime another poster doesn't agree with him.

Agreed. DRob @ 3-4 DE might be an interesting experiment if he were costing $1M or so against the cap, but at $8.5M it's not even worth thinking about. I don't think there is any other DE we are looking to scoop up if we move Coleman so we'd be right back in a hole on the DLine.

This rumor is just what happens this time of the year with all the top draft picks.

I don't think its true for the following reasons:

It didn't come from the Tanginni crew because you would have to stick toothpicks

under their fingernails to get them to tell anything.

These type of trades involving teams moving up or down for top picks doesn't happen

until the night before the draft or that day. Why even consider it 5 weeks before the draft.

More draft sites have Al Davis wanting DMC so why is he thinking of trading down if

you are going just by rumors.

There is no way in hell this scenario pans out... it just does not make sense on many fronts. Granted I can see Woody wanting a "star" like McFadden for his new stadium but that is too far down the line to warrant doing this.

This is to get someone to try to trade up with us, to prevent us from moving up ourselves. At least that's what I think.

With Mangini's emphasis on character & brains, I think they're as interested in DMC as they are in bringing DRob back in 2008 (which they've also said they'd do), and in alluding to the QB job being an open competition while also saying they'll entertain offers for one of them. First time he's had to take notes? Yeah, I'm sure that made Mangini scream out "Get that kid on my team. Give up my only true 3-4 DE and what other player(s) I might have ended up with at #6 or by trading down."

Anyway, like I said, that's what I think anyway.

This is to get someone to try to trade up with us, to prevent us from moving up ourselves. At least that's what I think.

With Mangini's emphasis on character & brains, I think they're as interested in DMC as they are in bringing DRob back in 2008 (which they've also said they'd do), and in alluding to the QB job being an open competition while also saying they'll entertain offers for one of them. First time he's had to take notes? Yeah, I'm sure that made Mangini scream out "Get that kid on my team. Give up my only true 3-4 DE and what other player(s) I might have ended up with at #6 or by trading down."

Anyway, like I said, that's what I think anyway.

Your assessment makes the most sense and I sure hope you are right. Dealing with that senile old goat would be bad enough, but to trade up in a draft that everyone wants to trade down in, and get a player you don't really need, would really rank as a bonehead move.

Your assessment makes the most sense and I sure hope you are right. Dealing with that senile old goat would be bad enough, but to trade up in a draft that everyone wants to trade down in, and get a player you don't really need, would really rank as a bonehead move.

Well if no one thinks the Jets are interested in THEIR guy, they need only trade up to the slot below the Jets.

Mangini did this in 2006 as well. I think they also wanted to trade down but that draft was WAY too deep for anyone to truly consider that ultra-costly move up into the top-4. So they settled on the one (thought-to-be) sure thing who had a true top-5 grade at a position of dire need. They intensely interviewed Jay Cutler for hours & apparently had come away plenty impressed on paper (and his arm was known to be as good as anyone's)...only to select someone else.

So I think it's a ploy. Unfortunately, I think the other GM's realize it's a ploy. He does a little too much public acclaim of players he ends up passing on. Parcells used to do that. Problem is, if you never take a player that you publicly say you liked a lot, you're never believable in that regard either.

Well if no one thinks the Jets are interested in THEIR guy, they need only trade up to the slot below the Jets.

Mangini did this in 2006 as well. I think they also wanted to trade down but that draft was WAY too deep for anyone to truly consider that ultra-costly move up into the top-4. So they settled on the one (thought-to-be) sure thing who had a true top-5 grade at a position of dire need. They intensely interviewed Jay Cutler for hours & apparently had come away plenty impressed on paper (and his arm was known to be as good as anyone's)...only to select someone else.

So I think it's a ploy. Unfortunately, I think the other GM's realize it's a ploy. He does a little too much public acclaim of players he ends up passing on. Parcells used to do that. Problem is, if you never take a player that you publicly say you liked a lot, you're never believable in that regard either.

Yeah, the draft is one big poker game. Everyone is full of sh**.

I would much rather trade down and get someone like Mendenhal who is a more physical runner, and will be a better pro for more years. You win by long grinding drives that eat clock. I also would rather save the extra money getting out of the top 6, sing a lesset first rounder, and get an extra pick ti help the secondary and WR slots. It is definatly not worth trading up and I think tangini is too smart to do it. I agree with Sperm that it is all a game at this point. Heck theey could even be doing it so the cowboys over spend to get the 3rd pick and they won have to draft Dmac and not have to hear the bad press of why they did not if he was available.

Jets contact the Raiders to trade up to get Mcfadden

Wed.the 19th Lee "Hacksaw" Hamilton reported there was breaking news the the Jets have contacted the Raiders about trading up to Draft McFadden. The trade would allow the Raiders to still draft a top pick from the Jets 6th spot.

Story Link http://www.xtrasports1360.com/pages/sportswatch.html

Player stats http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=3675

NFL stats 2007 player tackle leaders http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...xperience=null

UPDATE: Thursday 3/20 Lee reported the Raiders want to swap picks plus get D-lineman Kenyon Coleman. Kenyon led ALL defensive lineman in tackles last year!!! He can play DE and DT. He is 6 foot 5 inches and weighs 295. He can play the 4-3 and 3-4. It would give the Jets a superstar and franchise face in NY. The Raiders would get 2 potential starters by still being able to draft one of the top lineman on either side of the ball plus the player involved from the Jets.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...ling-mcfadden/

The article above said the Jets would have to move to the Falcons 3rd spot to jump ahead of the Raiders, but sources say the Jets may be able to take the Raiders 4th spot instead with the Raiders going a different direction.

The Falcons signed Michael Turner to a big contract and the only way they would draft Mcfadden is if the Cowboys renewed their interest in him. Then it might be a battle for who wants him most!

Did anyone notice that this FOXSPORTS rumor came from a SAN DIEGO RADIO station? Or the fact that it's the only station in the Southland that still simulcasts RAIDERS football games?

It's just a rumor & a bad one at that...

Archived