I was just watching the highlights of the game in Baltimore and....

NY JET 29

I watched that game in vegas, it was our last day there and we had a late flight and had to be out of our room at 11. so I went stairs and sat on the floor and watched drop after drop after drop. I thought kellen played well in that game.. that was the only game I thought he played well in. no not even the pittsburg game. just the baltimore game. he looked like he was going to take the starting job and run with it. but I guess every dog has his day. hopefully he'll have somemore, but I just don't see it happening.

I watched that game in vegas, it was our last day there and we had a late flight and had to be out of our room at 11. so I went stairs and sat on the floor and watched drop after drop after drop. I thought kellen played well in that game.. that was the only game I thought he played well in. no not even the pittsburg game. just the baltimore game. he looked like he was going to take the starting job and run with it. but I guess every dog has his day. hopefully he'll have somemore, but I just don't see it happening.

The OL didn't protect him like that the rest of the season.

Clemens took some real brutal shots in that game.

He didn't realize how bad his offensive line was.

It gave you hope that he could be the answer but as the season progressed you could see him regressing.

Now, if you want to blame it on the offensive line that is fine. They were horrible last year and even guys like Brady and Manning would have had a tough time surviving, let alone a kid who had taken maybe three snaps in his pro career.

Hopefully the Jets continue to build the OL so Clemens doesn't have to start scrambling 1.3 seconds after the ball is snapped. The last thing you want is this kid turnining into another David Carr.

I gotta say when Kellen had time in the pocket his throws were perfect, they had a lot of zip, and they were thrown deep. I gotta say with the OL we have now he may be able to do that all year long, so if Kellen wins the job I have all the faith in the world in him.

Here's the video.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogqK5YbOzdg&feature=related

1 game and you're sold, huh? I'm sure you can dig up tons of other video where he made poor throws too. Sorry, but putting up with pressure is part of the game.

I gotta say when Kellen had time in the pocket his throws were perfect, they had a lot of zip, and they were thrown deep. I gotta say with the OL we have now he may be able to do that all year long, so if Kellen wins the job I have all the faith in the world in him.

Here's the video.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogqK5YbOzdg&feature=related

thanks for that 2-9...that is what I have been thinking of whenever I want to judge what Clemens can be. When he finally has time and doesn't have to run for his life on every play he can play a good game of football. Even in those highlights, he STILL wasn't given proper protection-even with a tired out Ravens D...our OL was totally craptastic last year

Hopefully the Jets continue to build the OL so Clemens doesn't have to start scrambling 1.3 seconds after the ball is snapped. The last thing you want is this kid turning into another David Carr.

Great point on that last sentence Shawn-the David Carr analogy is perfect. You can ruin a young QB like that and Carr is Exhibit A

We already gave Kellen a great starting LG in Faneca instead of Montgomery and Woody at RT instead of Clement, lets go out and get Kellen a slot WR in the draft and watch out, this kid can play, not only does he have potential but he has the arm to win alot of games, thats just how I feel

We already gave Kellen a great starting LG in Faneca instead of Montgomery and Woody at RT instead of Clement, lets go out and get Kellen a slot WR in the draft and watch out, this kid can play, not only does he have potential but he has the arm to win alot of games, thats just how I feel

I wonder if Chansi Stuckey will ever become anything...I thought he looked like he could be a slot WR-if he can handle the action inside or not though is the big ? about him

I wonder if Chansi Stuckey will ever become anything...I thought he looked like he could be a slot WR-if he can handle the action inside or not though is the big ? about him

Stucky has talent I just feel that his potential really isnt anything more than a backup type of player, I wish we could find a Wayne Chrebet type of slot WR-A Player who plays hard, gets open on 3rd downs, shows no fear and can catch just about anything thrown his way. I swear, if we could ever find another #1 WR, I think Coles would make the perfect slot WR

Stucky has talent I just feel that his potential really isnt anything more than a backup type of player, I wish we could find a Wayne Chrebet type of slot WR-A Player who plays hard, gets open on 3rd downs, shows no fear and can catch just about anything thrown his way. I swear, if we could ever find another #1 WR, I think Coles would make the perfect slot WR

Troy Brown needs to be signed-we could use a vet like him-he's a big improvement over Justin and Brad Smith

I would've played well behind Baltimore's Offensive Line vs the Jets front 7 last season.

Please.

Maybe but still it's impossible to just judge a player from one game.

I was impressed with many things KC done last year, the Skins game especially. However, there were many things he done that really concerned me.

For example, vs Dallas I didn't think our O-line played too badly, most of the sacks on Clemens came from him holding the ball too long when he could have just thrown it away. That was definetly his worst game of the season. The WR's did not help him though, I admit.

Coles was out in the Dallas game leaving Clemens to throw to Justin McCareins and Brad Smith since the Cowboys took Jerricho Cotchery out of the game, and I have to disagree about the play of the OLine in that game IJ. That was one of their worst games of the year as a unit.

We are in a small minority. But that will make it that much more enjoyable when we turn out to be right. :)

We are in a small minority. But that will make it that much more enjoyable when we turn out to be right. :)

hey DM where ya been man? Oh yea I agree-I think Clemens CAN be a decent starting QB for us this year...one thing I like about him, is he has FUN playing football-you can see it.

hey DM where ya been man? Oh yea I agree-I think Clemens CAN be a decent starting QB for us this year...one thing I like about him, is he has FUN playing football-you can see it.

Hey, SFJ. My home PC crashed and I have been traveling at work. But now the draft is coming and it is time to concentrate on what is important - THE JETS!!!!

Archived