What's wrong with the Mets?

drago

I didn't watch the entire game, but when the Brewers fell down by 4 runs i didn't think the slumping crew could come back. So what's the deal? I heard the Mets were a preseason favorite, maybe they are just slumping but i did not expect Milwaukee to walk in and out with 2 wins in their hands.

Hell the Mets could have scored 15 runs -- no clutch hitting and crappy baserunning doomed them -- not to Mention Oliver Perezs everyother game meltdown -- he is too inconsistent - bottom line when you hit into 5 double plays you dont win ball games - Way way too early but for now they are a bunch of over confident overachievers who did learn from last seasons mistakes -WILLIE NEEDS TO KICK SOME ASS

Not sure if there's anything wrong with the Mets. Obviously the slow start is exacerbated by last year's collapse and everyone's on edge. They really haven't hit yet, but its only been 2 weeks. No one's running away with the division. This is an imperfect team and we've seen some of their flaws, but once the core players start hitting they should be alright.

I didn't watch the entire game, but when the Brewers fell down by 4 runs i didn't think the slumping crew could come back. So what's the deal? I heard the Mets were a preseason favorite, maybe they are just slumping but i did not expect Milwaukee to walk in and out with 2 wins in their hands.

They're not that good. That's what's wrong.

Reyes was out of the lineup the last few days as well, and dont discount his impact on both offense and defense.

Instead of him we had Pagan in the lead off and Damien Easley at SS, his presence alone has more of an impact than these two.

Pagan's good, but Easley is a bench player and neither are real threats on the base path or on defense

Aside from that it was just bad pitching from Perez...at least next time he's due for a good game next time around and they are playing the Ohillies around that time, so hopefully his trend continues for now.

Regardless the seasons only two weeks in and are still only a game and a half back of the Marlins, so its just a matter of time tillthey move up in the standings if not take first overall in the division.

Right now they are just not that good- the bullpen is still a problem and injuries to Alou and Reyes in the lineup leaves it short.

Maybe it's just me, but Reyes hadn't looked real good before the injury. He's not getting on base like you'd expect, and when he does he's not running.

They have no heart and are going nowhere this year unless they start playing with some spit and fire.

I realize that is a strong statement but I went to opening day and they did not look like they cared very much, sort of just playing because they were supposed to and not because they want to. The games since then have been eerily similar. Just what my gut says is all, hope I'm wrong.

Bullpen, sloppy play, overly left handed at the bottom of the line-up, the ability to not put a team away.

That's about all.

I'd add clutch hitting to the list. J.H. Christ they hit into 5 double plays on Sunday ! Left something like 15 men on base.

They have no heart and are going nowhere this year unless they start playing with some spit and fire.

I realize that is a strong statement but I went to opening day and they did not look like they cared very much, sort of just playing because they were supposed to and not because they want to. The games since then have been eerily similar. Just what my gut says is all, hope I'm wrong.

thats the way they looked last year too... we have a laid back manager with laid back players. They dont have any fire about them. And never will. And they got rid of the guys who stirred the pot.

They are lucky everyone else in the division sucks so far also.

thats the way they looked last year too... we have a laid back manager with laid back players. They dont have any fire about them. And never will. And they got rid of the guys who stirred the pot.

They are lucky everyone else in the division sucks so far also.

Pelfrey looked damn good tonite. Just what the doctor ordered. :biggrin:

Truthfully the Mets as a team have not been the same since Sanchez went out in 2006. Hopefully his return will have a boomerang effect in a positive way again.

agree,,sanchez seems to fit the team to a T..

if the little f'er can just stay out of trouble it wil lhelp the team,,helps dipstick wwagner to have sanchez..

thats the way they looked last year too... we have a laid back manager with laid back players. They dont have any fire about them. And never will. And they got rid of the guys who stirred the pot.quote]

exactly they need a manager to kick them in the a$$ once in a while. Someone who will argue a call acuse he wnats to and is mad about the call, not just someone going through the motions. Maybe once yankee willie is gone and someone steps in like Carter or Hojo, who actually cares about the franchise things will trun around.

He's the Arod of center field. Puts up good numbers but seems to choke when it matters most.

Boy is that ever so true.

Last night was the second straight night Hooray Rod struck out with the bases loaded. Way to go Alex!!! Thanks a lot, *******.

Whatever made me actually like him for one month last season is beyond me. Mike Lowell should be in Pinstripes.

Archived