The 'Before I realize we suck' Prediction Thread

SouthernJet

W 1 Sept. 7 at Miami Dolphins 1 p.m.

L 2 Sept. 14 New England Patriots 4:15 p.m.

L 3 Sept. 22 (Mon.) at San Diego Chargers 8:30 p.m.

W 4 Sept. 28 Arizona Cardinals 1 p.m.

5 Oct. 5 Bye

W 6 Oct. 12 Cincinnati Bengals 1 p.m.

W 7 Oct. 19 at Oakland Raiders 4:15 p.m.

W 8 Oct. 26 Kansas City Chiefs 1 p.m.

L 9 Nov. 2 at Buffalo Bills 1 p.m.

W 10 Nov. 9 St. Louis Rams 1 p.m.

L 11 Nov. 13 (Thurs.) at New England Patriots 1 p.m.

L 12 Nov. 23 at Tennessee Titans 1 p.m.

W 13 Nov. 30 Denver Broncos 1 p.m.

W 14 Dec. 7 at San Francisco 49ers 4:05 p.m.

W 15 Dec. 14 Buffalo Bills 1 p.m.

L 16 Dec. 21 at Seattle Seahawks 4:05 p.m.

W 17 Dec. 28 Miami Dolphins 1 p.m.

10-6

I won't make any predictions but I will say the schedule doesn't look that tough right now.

I'm sure though that somehow the Jets will find a way to make it VERY TOUGH.

Sad but true.....Sad but true.

5 Oct. 5 Bye

W 13 Nov. 30 Denver Broncos 1 p.m.

10-6

Den and SF are no locks to win.. we could be 8-8 very easily

SF is a bad team and have done nothing to get better IMO

Denver is a tough matchup

Seattle though has declined every year since their SB loss, and their already bad recieving corp got even worse this year, depending on how the season goes thats closer to a win than a loss now.

But then again its the Jets so we will obviously lose some games we should win and win some games we shouldnt, so who knows

Seattle though has declined every year since their SB loss, and their already bad recieving corp got even worse this year, depending on how the season goes thats closer to a win than a loss now.

But then again its the Jets so we will obviously lose some games we should win and win some games we shouldnt, so who knows

it is a west coast game

SF D is pretty good

You would think their QB play will improve from last year

Frank Gore is a stud

this is no gimme

it is a west coast game

SF D is pretty good

You would think their QB play will improve from last year

Frank Gore is a stud

this is no gimme

There is no such thing as a gimme in the NFL, any give sunday afterall.

Their D is okay at best, but didnt do anything to improve, only signing Justin Smith, who is out of place in the 34.

Regardless their O is terrible, Alex Smith and their other QB (his name I cant remember) are flat out bad and they would need a slight miracle to improve enough, even with the WR's they signed, which includes an old Issac Bruce and an unproven Bryant Johnson as the two stars.

Gore is a stud but what about that oline, didnt they lose three starters, and they werent that good last year.

And with Martz as OC they might not even use him all that much.

This is all predraft speculation of course, I say it is a game we should win with things as they are now.

There is no such thing as a gimme in the NFL, any give sunday afterall.

Their D is okay at best, but didnt do anything to improve, only signing Justin Smith, who is out of place in the 34.

Regardless their O is terrible, Alex Smith and their other QB (his name I cant remember) are flat out bad and they would need a slight miracle to improve enough, even with the WR's they signed, which includes an old Issac Bruce and an unproven Bryant Johnson as the two stars.

Gore is a stud but what about that oline, didnt they lose three starters, and they werent that good last year.

And with Martz as OC they might not even use him

This is all predraft speculation of course, I say it is a game we should win with things as they are now.

i wouldn't bet my life on this game...smizzy's maybe;)

are you kidding? they signed Justin Smith, Bryant Johnson, Isaac Bruce, Deshaun Foster, Allen Rossum, Dontarrious Thomas, and J.T. O'Sullivan. Willis is a beast, Gore is a monster when healthy, Davis is one of the fastest TE's in the league, and i got to say it i think they will be playoff contenders next year.

5 Oct. 5 Bye

L 6 Oct. 12 Cincinnati Bengals 1 p.m.

L 13 Nov. 30 Denver Broncos 1 p.m.

8-8 we should win 8 games, but will probably lose 1 or 2 games we shouldnt and win 1 or 2 we shouldnt.

are you kidding? they signed Justin Smith, Bryant Johnson, Isaac Bruce, Deshaun Foster, Allen Rossum, Dontarrious Thomas, and J.T. O'Sullivan. Willis is a beast, Gore is a monster when healthy, Davis is one of the fastest TE's in the league, and i got to say it i think they will be playoff contenders next year.

Justim Smith is in a new system which he has never played in before.

Bruce is old, if he was all that good STL would have retained him

Johnson is unproven as being anything above a a 2nd or 3rd reciever, could he be good, sure, but why was the best he could get was a one year deal despite all the interest shown for him

Foster is not getting any younger, and besides RB wasnt really a position of need anyways with Gore in their backfield

Rossum is an okay PR but nothing special anywhere else

O'Sullivan...really?

Dontarrious who?

Willis and Gore are beasts, but thats one player on each side of the ball that leaves around 20 other starters.

Davis has not shown anything special, hes good far from great though

This was a 5 and 11 team last year that lost two of its starting o lineman and didnt replace them this offseason has a big question mark a QB. they may be .500 this year, if they are lucky.

I'll take back what I said about them doing nothing to improve, they just havent done that much to make them any kind of threat this year to many teams in the league.

5 Oct. 5 Bye

W9 Nov. 2 at Buffalo Bills 1 p.m.

W11 Nov. 13 (Thurs.) at New England Patriots 1 p.m.

L13 Nov. 30 Denver Broncos 1 p.m.

11-5

Justim Smith is in a new system which he has never played in before.

Bruce is old, if he was all that good STL would have retained him

Johnson is unproven as being anything above a a 2nd or 3rd reciever, could he be good, sure, but why was the best he could get was a one year deal despite all the interest shown for him

Foster is not getting any younger, and besides RB wasnt really a position of need anyways with Gore in their backfield

Rossum is an okay PR but nothing special anywhere else

O'Sullivan...really?

Dontarrious who?

Willis and Gore are beasts, but thats one player on each side of the ball that leaves around 20 other starters.

Davis has not shown anything special, hes good far from great though

This was a 5 and 11 team last year that lost two of its starting o lineman and didnt replace them this offseason has a big question mark a QB. they may be .500 this year, if they are lucky.

I'll take back what I said about them doing nothing to improve, they just havent done that much to make them any kind of threat this year to many teams in the league.

5-11 looks better than 4-12. isaac bruce is still a good receiver. smith might be playing in a different system but he will still play well. 49ers have a opportunity to do something this year like the jets, chiefs, falcons, phins, and etc. just because they have had a few bad seasons previously doesnt mean they are gonna be bad the next year.

That's what they were saying last off-season.

The pats, picking in their place, have the #7 pick. Need I say more? Okay I will.

1) Justin Smith isn't a 3-4 guy. He's replacing Bryant Young; I consider that a downgrade.

2) Their O-line's best player is Joe Staley. He plays RT. That sucks. They will play a pass-happy scheme with terrible protection; our pass-rush will exploit their sucky QB.

3) Davis has been said to have a difficult time understanding a pro offense. Martz' system isn't a walk in the park. I imagine a difficult transition.

It should be a good battle, the deciding factor will be the fans. I, Greenseed3 will be there in Green and White screaming my head off.... Chalk one up for the Jets. :character0293:

5-11 looks better than 4-12. isaac bruce is still a good receiver. smith might be playing in a different system but he will still play well. 49ers have a opportunity to do something this year like the jets, chiefs, falcons, phins, and etc. just because they have had a few bad seasons previously doesnt mean they are gonna be bad the next year.

Comparing 5 and 11 to 4 and 12 is like comparing diarrhea and food poisoning, either way you're in the sh!tter.

Bruce is going to turn 36 this season and has already seen a steady decline in production, while Smith may not even be the starter.

Sure they have an oppurtunity this year, every team does, especially considering that they are playing in argueably the worst division in the worse conference in the whole NFL, anything can happen.

I just dont see the 49ers, with mediocre personel and FO really competeing with many teams this year, or the next few years for that matter unless they do a major overhall sometime soon.

IMHO the Chiefs are going to be picking 1st in the 2009 NFL Draft

L 1 Sept. 7 at Miami Dolphins 1 p.m.

5 Oct. 5 Bye

W11 Nov. 13 (Thurs.) at New England Patriots 1 p.m.

L 13 Nov. 30 Denver Broncos 1 p.m.

9-7

Archived