Some Pats fans seem nervous about us.

NY JET 29

On a couple of message boards where the Pats schedule is posted there are Pat fans who have a loss at the NYJ, and most are saying it's gonna be tough to play the Jets this year ecspecially 2 weeks into the season on their field.

I defineatly see us beating them at least once.

On a couple of message boards where the Pats schedule is posted there are Pat fans who have a loss at the NYJ, and most are saying it's gonna be tough to play the Jets this year ecspecially 2 weeks into the season on their field.

Its certainly possible.

Everyone has a very short memory in sports. After a team has a bad year, people make it seem like a virtual impossibility for that team to make the playoffs anytime in the next 5 years. After a good season, there are people that will be disappointed with anything less than a SB appearance.

The fact is, despite our bad record last year, this team still has a pretty good core of players. Add on some of the new additions via trades, FA, and the draft, and who knows what we'll be capable of this season.

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!

on my thread "Predicitons" I got us splitting with the Pats. NE simply isnt the team of last year or the prior years. they lost alot of key players this year and we must respect that as such.

I swear, if any year was the year of the Jet....08 is that year. I believe this. I think we should trade that #6 pick. Put us in a situation where we can still pick up brandon flowers in round #2 but we need to get a speedy WR desperately, more than we need a RB. with this line and the love that I have for Leon Washington, If we dont get McFadden or Stewart I wouldnt be that upset. We should trade down...Get a mid round pick and get a WR while having an early second round pick for Brandon Flowers and a mid round pick for our pass rusher. It worked out beautifully last year with David Harris.

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!

on my thread "Predicitons" I got us splitting with the Pats. NE simply isnt the team of last year or the prior years. they lost alot of key players this year and we must respect that as such.

I swear, if any year was the year of the Jet....08 is that year. I believe this. I think we should trade that #6 pick. Put us in a situation where we can still pick up brandon flowers in round #2 but we need to get a speedy WR desperately, more than we need a RB. with this line and the love that I have for Leon Washington, If we dont get McFadden or Stewart I wouldnt be that upset. We should trade down...Get a mid round pick and get a WR while having an early second round pick for Brandon Flowers and a mid round pick for our pass rusher. It worked out beautifully last year with David Harris.

We are on the same page with everyhting;)

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who did they lose?

I agree with most of what you say, although i think a lot of their downfall will be attributed to the extra year in age to their defense. The youngest players i can think of on their squad are in the secondary, which is fine, but everyone else seems a bit long in the tooth. Their downlinemen are still amongst the best in the NFL, and that alone will win them plenty of games, i'm only interested to see what their linebackers are still capable of.

Who am i to judge BB's record with his older linebacking corps, if he doesn't seem concerned about it, maybe it is under control. I just feel they can, and will, be worn down throughout the year by teams like the Jets with a power running game (yeah that's right, i said it, jets...power...running...).

We are on the same page with everyhting;)

I guess we're both focused! Damn, just thinking about this upcoming year has my mouth watering. Sometimes I hate that games are a week apart, but then again im glad. If football was on a basketball schedule I would love sport life so much more. Too bad no football player would EVER make it through 82 games in a year....then playoffs.

I guess we're both focused! Damn, just thinking about this upcoming year has my mouth watering. Sometimes I hate that games are a week apart, but then again im glad. If football was on a basketball schedule I would love sport life so much more. Too bad no football player would EVER make it through 82 games in a year....then playoffs.

I know I am pumed as well!!!!

Ecspecially for week 2:)

And I may just finally witness a contending season as a season ticket holder:):) Well the same can be said for my dad:p

I know I am pumed as well!!!!

Ecspecially for week 2:)

And I may just finally witness a contending season as a season ticket holder:):) Well the same can be said for my dad:p

I hear you! Damn, I've only been to one Jet game, back in 05...I believe it was week 5 or 6 against the Giants. I actually won the tickets from Fox 5. I was in the row on the 50 yard line. Though the Jets lost (Hermans f-ing time management) the game did go into overtime so i got to see more stuff. That was the best feeling in the world man. My first football game, It was so good I actually didnt leave upset that we lost. I was one row across from fireman eddie so I got to see how the chant is started first hand.....CLASSIC!

Damn how I just love this team man.

Given that you're a season ticket holder I do wish that they make a huge run. That would be great for you and your pops to experience together as fellow football fans. I wish my pops was still around so I could do that. He was a steelers fan though....My pops was in his 20's in the 70's so you know the dominate team was the steelers back then. My pops would probably disown me if he knew that I was a Jet. "F" it lmao!

Yeah, they're right. We have many new acquisitions, and have the sixth pick. I think that we can go far into the playoffs with the right picks and sweep the Pats maybe.

Who did they lose?

I agree with most of what you say, although i think a lot of their downfall will be attributed to the extra year in age to their defense. The youngest players i can think of on their squad are in the secondary, which is fine, but everyone else seems a bit long in the tooth. Their downlinemen are still amongst the best in the NFL, and that alone will win them plenty of games, i'm only interested to see what their linebackers are still capable of.

Who am i to judge BB's record with his older linebacking corps, if he doesn't seem concerned about it, maybe it is under control. I just feel they can, and will, be worn down throughout the year by teams like the Jets with a power running game (yeah that's right, i said it, jets...power...running...).

The only key losses I see are Samuel and Stalworth. Eugene Wilson is a decent loss, but not devastating.

I hear you! Damn, I've only been to one Jet game, back in 05...I believe it was week 5 or 6 against the Giants. I actually won the tickets from Fox 5. I was in the row on the 50 yard line. Though the Jets lost (Hermans f-ing time management) the game did go into overtime so i got to see more stuff. That was the best feeling in the world man. My first football game, It was so good I actually didnt leave upset that we lost. I was one row across from fireman eddie so I got to see how the chant is started first hand.....CLASSIC!

Damn how I just love this team man.

Given that you're a season ticket holder I do wish that they make a huge run. That would be great for you and your pops to experience together as fellow football fans. I wish my pops was still around so I could do that. He was a steelers fan though....My pops was in his 20's in the 70's so you know the dominate team was the steelers back then. My pops would probably disown me if he knew that I was a Jet. "F" it lmao!

Sounded like you went to a great game! Sorry about your pops:(.

did the Giants?

What do the Giants have to do with this? The Giants D learned from their mistakes in week 17 when they gave up 30+ points against the Pats and then beat them in the Super Bowl.

How does that have anything to do with this thread?

Wilson was collecting a paycheck these last few years. Stallworth wasnt any big deal either.

You think Chad Jackson might start a game ever? I saw all I needed to see of him when I read: Florida Gator WR. Other than Darrell Jackson, they've put little other than over-hyped WR talent in the NFL in the last 25 years. I think the next-best (since Collinsworth was drafted back in the late 18th century) was Ike Hilliard who was taken like 7th in the country for his mediocre career.

I mean, Chad Jackson is fast & has good size - have you heard anything that he's closer to actually playing yet?

The Pat's have to draft a CB..have to..The NE secondary is in ruins with the departures of Samuels and Wilson. When your shut down corner is Ellis Hobbs..I mean really. Thats why I think a CB McElvin might be possible. A "balla" with excellent return ability. He is a play maker.

The NE offense is good but fragile..Mulrooney hasn't proven a very durable NFL back..(He's kind of soft) While K.Faulk is a warrior he is getting up in years and a step or two slower. TE's have not been non-existent last year.

Even if your a die hard Pat's that defense is in need of some revamping..no secondary and LB's older then God..There are issues for those 18-1 Pat's..no doubt.

The Pat's have to draft a CB..have to..The NE secondary is in ruins with the departures of Samuels and Wilson. When your shut down corner is Ellis Hobbs..I mean really. Thats why I think a CB McElvin might be possible. A "balla" with excellent return ability. He is a play maker.

The NE offense is good but fragile..Mulrooney hasn't proven a very durable NFL back..(He's kind of soft) While K.Faulk is a warrior he is getting up in years and a step or two slower. TE's have not been non-existent last year.

Even if your a die hard Pat's that defense is in need of some revamping..no secondary and LB's older then God..There are issues for those 18-1 Pat's..no doubt.

Maybe they will draft a new and bettah camera guy? One that will not get

caught!!!

You think Chad Jackson might start a game ever? I saw all I needed to see of him when I read: Florida Gator WR. Other than Darrell Jackson, they've put little other than over-hyped WR talent in the NFL in the last 25 years. I think the next-best (since Collinsworth was drafted back in the late 18th century) was Ike Hilliard who was taken like 7th in the country for his mediocre career.

I mean, Chad Jackson is fast & has good size - have you heard anything that he's closer to actually playing yet?

No.

I believe he changed his middle name to Bust.

Draft:

I really can't see the Pats staying at 7. I truly believe they trade out of it if value isn't there. No way do they pick a db first. I can't see them picking an LB either. If they do stay at 7, don't be shocked to see 'em pick Sedrick Ellis. They value d-line talent and Long, Gholsten will not be there at 7.

No.

I believe he changed his middle name to Bust.

Draft:

I really can't see the Pats staying at 7. I truly believe they trade out of it if value isn't there. No way do they pick a db first. I can't see them picking an LB either. If they do stay at 7, don't be shocked to see 'em pick Sedrick Ellis. They value d-line talent and Long, Gholsten will not be there at 7.

that is exactly who i want the jets to grab. fat chance of it happening. I think the jets may be in the same position of thinking there isn't enough talent at the top, i have a good feeling ellis will turn in a good career. His positives just seem to add up to a good pro.

What do the Giants have to do with this? The Giants D learned from their mistakes in week 17 when they gave up 30+ points against the Pats and then beat them in the Super Bowl.

How does that have anything to do with this thread?

any offense can be stopped on any given day, dooshie

No, first he has to put on his uniform without getting hurt.

I would surmise this is the last chance for him. When he signed his contract he rejected any signing bonus. DOH

Moss, Welker, Gaffney and Washington shouldnt be a bad group at all.

No, first he has to put on his uniform without getting hurt.

I would surmise this is the last chance for him. When he signed his contract he rejected any signing bonus. DOH

Moss, Welker, Gaffney and Washington shouldnt be a bad group at all.

I notice you threw "and Washington" in there. That's like the Jets saying "and Wallace Wright" or "and Brad Smith" or "and Justin McCareins." You could have just left his name off the list.

Washington was a total bust. A first round prospect who fell to I think the top pick in round 3 because I think he had an injury like a broken leg or something. 6'4" with 4.4 speed or something like that. I only remember because I wanted the Jets to draft him back then. :bag:

I notice you threw "and Washington" in there. That's like the Jets saying "and Wallace Wright" or "and Brad Smith" or "and Justin McCareins." You could have just left his name off the list.

Washington was a total bust. A first round prospect who fell to I think the top pick in round 3 because I think he had an injury like a broken leg or something. 6'4" with 4.4 speed or something like that. I only remember because I wanted the Jets to draft him back then. :bag:

Washington was an awesome special teams guy last season. Did everything that was asked of him and didnt complain one iota. He earned a shot at WR because of it.

Washington was drafted by the most dysfuntional team in the NFL. Lets see what he can do with Brady?

I put Washington on the list because I believe he and Gaffney will combine for 1000 yards and 10 TD's.

Washington was an awesome special teams guy last season. Did everything that was asked of him and didnt complain one iota. He earned a shot at WR because of it.

Washington was drafted by the most dysfuntional team in the NFL. Lets see what he can do with Brady?

I put Washington on the list because I believe he and Gaffney will combine for 1000 yards and 10 TD's.

I'm not holding my breath. Washington was a special teams phenom.....but with the likes of Stallworth tailing off significantly during the season, why didn't Washington crack the offense?

Yeah, so was Brad Smith. Downing balls at the 1, etc. I still wouldn't count him as an "asset" to the Jets receiving corps.

Washington has already been a WR throughout college and at the NFL level.

Brad Smith has not. He is more of a gimmick like Kordell Stewart.

Archived