Brandon Albert @ #6?

SUorangefootball

Assuming:

1. Long

2. Gholston

3. Dorsey

4. McFadden

5. C. Long

would you consider Brandon Albert @ #6? ONLY ANSWER THIS BASED ON THE ABOVE DRAFT ORDER AND NO TRADE DOWN OFFERS FOR RYAN.

Albert could eventually play RT, he also provides much needed depth at both guard positions. Don't forget, we loose one starter and we can kiss our improved O line goodbye....

I never want to take a guard 6th overall. I'd rather take a corner there, even Ryan over Albert.

Actually Albert projects as a tackle at the NFL level. I would simply LOVE to draft him. #6 ? Arrrrrrrr That's a tough call. I would take less than full value and trade down then take him. I honestly feel he'll excell as a OT in the NFL. Of course I thought the same think about Winston Justice and he can't even seem to START in Philly. ;)

Actually Albert projects as a tackle at the NFL level. I would simply LOVE to draft him. #6 ? Arrrrrrrr That's a tough call. I would take less than full value and trade down then take him. I honestly feel he'll excell as a OT in the NFL. Of course I thought the same think about Winston Justice and he can't even seem to START in Philly. ;)

Justice started one game in Philly. He only gave up six sacks.

With how stacked our offensive line is right now, I honestly wouldn't see the point in us taking Albert. If someone like Gosder Cherilus were to fall to 36 then that is someone on the offensive line that I wouldn't mind us taking. He isn't my first choice in round 2 though, I still want James Hardy in a Jets jersey badly. The 6th pick the only people we should look at are Gholston, Chris Long, and Darren McFadden, if those 3 aren't there, we have to find a trading partner.

With how stacked our offensive line is right now, I honestly wouldn't see the point in us taking Albert. If someone like Gosder Cherilus were to fall to 36 then that is someone on the offensive line that I wouldn't mind us taking. He isn't my first choice in round 2 though, I still want James Hardy in a Jets jersey badly. The 6th pick the only people we should look at are Gholston, Chris Long, and Darren McFadden, if those 3 aren't there, we have to find a trading partner.

The only reason I'd consider O line in the 1st round is for quality depth. If one of the starters goes down for any lenght of time we're in trouble. Plus , just to say, we draft Albert ; next year he's my starting RT and Woody's out looking for work. Woody's the one FA move I have to question as a fan.

I agree we have MUCH bigger holes, but I wouldn't call any line with Damien Woody and Brandon Moore starting "stacked". Woody was even a starter most of the year for Detroit and they were setting sacks allowed records. Besides that, our reserves were unable to unseat Clarke and Clement. We need O line help, just not in the first round.

I agree we have MUCH bigger holes, but I wouldn't call any line with Damien Woody and Brandon Moore starting "stacked". Woody was even a starter most of the year for Detroit and they were setting sacks allowed records. Besides that, our reserves were unable to unseat Clarke and Clement. We need O line help, just not in the first round.

Gotta admit I chuckled some when I saw the term "stacked" and a referrence to the Jets O line in the same senternce. :biggrin:

Albert has moved up further than DRob did. As recently as February, wasn't he projected as a late first to early 2nd rounder? Now he's top-5?

mostly due to what position he plays. Guards rarely, if ever, go in the top half of the first round. With GM's having a hard on for guards recently it's no surprise he could be a top 10.

Guards are making big money now ever since Hutchinson signed that huge deal with Minn. Sort of like the kind of money safeties make now which is closer to cb money than ever.

You also have to figure that Brandon Alberts is projected as a tackle and can play any position on the line. hell even Chris Long said he was the best player on that Virginia squad.

Albert has moved up further than DRob did. As recently as February, wasn't he projected as a late first to early 2nd rounder? Now he's top-5?

Yup. He had some really outstanding games during a 4 game stretch in late February early March allowing zero sacks . :biggrin:

Archived