Raiders and Mcfadden

Favorite_Toon

This is for anyone that feels that the raiders made a good choice in drafting DMC... The raiders had the worst run D in the league... and they had the 5th best running team in the league... without dmc...

Al Davis is really a strange character..makes me feel he really lost his marbles.. im saying that in the most seriousness... he has something wrong mentally with him... I feel bad for all that works for him..

I was just watching espn draft coverage and there an analyst..dont know his name.. but said " how do you help your rush D? "run the ball better"

How do these guys get paid to be an analyst..

Serious!

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=ALL&role=TM&season=2007&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

Well we already knew the old man was crazy.

I think they shouldve gone with Dorsey, but they wanted the 'sexy' pick, as much as we did, it just happens that we were two picks below them.

The Raiders suck, and we'll whoop their asses on Oct. 19th!

Mcfadden is very talented. Question becomes what kind of coaching does he get, what can you really expect from Russell, and above all how big a mess Al Davis has made and continues to make with his meddling. Also, let's face it-the Mcfadden family looks to be somehwere between AI's posse and the RIngling Brothers/Barnum and Bailey Circus. How it plays out long term is anyone's guess.

Are you serious?? ANOTHER MCFADDEN THREAD!

HES ALREADY GONE, HES ON THE RAIDERS, NOT THE JETS, GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!

Why did I open this thread, why!?!!!?

Let it go. I told him he could go nuts with DMC threads this weekend & I'd say - for someone who was so obsessed with that player - he's more than kept it in check.

This is for anyone that feels that the raiders made a good choice in drafting DMC... The raiders had the worst run D in the league... and they had the 5th best running team in the league... without dmc...

Al Davis is really a strange character..makes me feel he really lost his marbles.. im saying that in the most seriousness... he has something wrong mentally with him... I feel bad for all that works for him..

I was just watching espn draft coverage and there an analyst..dont know his name.. but said " how do you help your rush D? "run the ball better"

How do these guys get paid to be an analyst..

Serious!

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=ALL&role=TM&season=2007&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

this cat al davis should die already

ya feel me

Holy christ can this be the last ever McFadden thread on here? Please? He is not a New York Jet, thank god, so lets move the **** on and forget about him.

As for Davis, its clear he made this pick to spite the Jets and because he cannot pass up the sexy pick for the need pick. Both of those wayed in on his decision, IMO. Lane Kiffin must be stabbing himself in the eye for taking this job.

this cat al davis should die already

ya feel me

The Raiders are fools. They are spending enormous amounts of money on a player they did not need.

Fargas, Jordan, Rhodes, Bush.... WHERE THE HELL IS MCFADDEN SUPPOSED TO RUN?

Thats why this franchise is a joke. When owners are making the decisions coaches and GM's are hired to make, your team is going to be a joke.

Enjoy having the most crowded backfield in the NFL, the rest of the team still sucks.

The Raiders are fools. They are spending enormous amounts of money on a player they did not need.

Fargas, Jordan, Rhodes, Bush.... WHERE THE HELL IS MCFADDEN SUPPOSED TO RUN?

to the endzone......

With Robert Gallery blockin for him where else he gunna go

Serious!

POT - KETTLE - BLACK

honestly, how don't we trade up to get mcfadden? its a once in a lifetime opportunity to get such a player, im very upset we didnt get him but more upset that hes going to be a waste because the black hole sucked him in i dont understand how he didnt fall to us im literally heartbroken

OK Toon, here is what to wish for. That McFadden pulls a Randy Moss and dogs it for a couple of years, making it look like he is a bust while collecting some serious dough. After he POs the old bat, Davis lets him go to the Jets for a 4th round pick.

Presto ... McFadden - a future Jet.

Raiders did their job and took the BPA, also pissed off a lot of people on this board and shattered their fantasies.

Great job IMO :)

He may, or not have been the BPA. Don't be giving the Raiders to much credit though. Al Davis makes the picks and he's ****ing nuts. He picked DMC because he ran a 4.33 and he thought the Jets wanted him.

He may, or not have been the BPA. Don't be giving the Raiders to much credit though. Al Davis makes the picks and he's ****ing nuts. He picked DMC because he ran a 4.33 and he thought the Jets wanted him.

I totally agree on all accounts. I just wanted to rub it into some of the fans on here that were hard up for McFadden, and swore he was ours no matter what.

Total maniac running the raiders!! they had the 5th best running attack in the nfl!!!! they had the 30th run defense in the league and they passed on Gholston and Dorsey?!?!

Gholston is a run-stopper in the 4-3?

He did what you were killing Jets fans for over the past 4 months. He had some talent at RB. In Crazy Al's estimation, you don't pass up on a "special" talent simply because you have good depth at the position. I agree with you regarding the Raiders. But when it pertains to the Jets doing the same thing, it's not only then a good idea, but anyone who thinks otherwise is the crazy one. If you watched the Jets, their piss-poor running game was affected by OL/TE/FB personnel a hell of a lot more than the RB personnel.

So your logic is closer to that of Al Davis when all is said & done. ;)

No way Sperm... they had the 5th best rushing attack in football..they passed on dorsey when theyhad the 30th worse rush D... No excuse thats the worst move in the entire draft... by far!

I got you a time machine:

urtimemachine.jpg

Go back to Saturday, and tell Tannenbaum what you now know!

No way Sperm... they had the 5th best rushing attack in football..they passed on dorsey when theyhad the 30th worse rush D... No excuse thats the worst move in the entire draft... by far!

That's because their line was blocking well for them, not because their RB's were so incredible.

They didn't have the 5th best rushing attack in football. They ended up with the 6th most rushing yards (not 5th), and that's because they had the 4th-most rushing attempts. But they were marginally above the league average in yards per carry (they averaged 4.1; league average is 4.0). Also those rushing yards include 200+ yds that their QB's & WR's got. They weren't all from RB's.

The Jets have two RB's. One of which (Leon) is a potential game-breaker when he's in there. You still felt adding McFadden was the thing to do anyway. And I think you know perfectly well that the Jets' garbage ground game last year was more due to the OL than personnel.

I'm not saying I agree with Oakland's decision, but their reasoning is the same as yours: that you cannot pass up on what is believed to be a singular talent like this because of immediate need or lack thereof.

Well, Al Davis just followed your reasoning.

Archived