Pennington to take a pay cut??

Irish Jet

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is it that 90% of the people that suck Chad's dick like he has vanilla flavored semen also claim they want Clemens to start?
Right because I say Chad was not a distraction, I am no some how sexually invoved with him.

Way to show what a winner you are, maybe you should worry about who's cum is on your face.

Chad Pennington is the best QB on the NYJETS roster.And gives us the best chance at winning.

Have you boys been drinking all day or what????????????????????????????

Chad Pennington won ONE game last year.

Kellen Clemens won three.

Have you been drinking all day?

Ok. But I dont want to hear anyone who wants Chad as a backup critizicing Mangini if the lockerroom splits in 2 and the media causes a QB controversy again. Not to mention signing a vet QB is a complete non issue.

IMO, its too big of a risk to KEEP Chad on the roster. Its less of a risk to CUT him.

You guys seriously cant see this coming? Wake up, people.

How would the locker room be divided? If Clemens wins and they are winning there is no issue. If Clemens is playing and he is playing well even if the team isn't winning, they won't be divided.

There are lots of new players here that don't know either QB. To think that they would be loyal to one over the other for other reasons is just silly. They will want the QB that gives this team the best chance to win to play.

Some of the people that hate on Chad crack me up though. Let's just cut him even though we have no other backup.

Oh and one more thing -- too many personal attacks. We can disagree, just don't attack one another.

He shouldn't take any pay cut, would you if you where him?

He wants to be a starter in the league and we are likely to make him one of the better backups. He would probably be willing to take less someplace else if he could be a starter,

It isn't his problem we are paying him to be the most capable backup in the league, at the price of a top 5 QB.

Ok. But I dont want to hear anyone who wants Chad as a backup critizicing Mangini if the lockerroom splits in 2 and the media causes a QB controversy again. Not to mention signing a vet QB is a complete non issue.

IMO, its too big of a risk to KEEP Chad on the roster. Its less of a risk to CUT him.

You guys seriously cant see this coming? Wake up, people.

This might very well be the one smart statement in this entire thread.

I honestly though Chad would have been traded by the draft. The fact that this is going to be an open QB competition is just asking for trouble.

The media is going to be all over this in camp and if you guys are old enough to remember the Richard Todd-Matt Robinson days that controversy divided that team and it could very well happen here.

I mean think about it. If Clemens wins the starting the job and the Jets open the season 0-3 do you honestly not think there is NOT going to grumbling among the vets on this team wanting Pennington back in there ? You could say the same thing if Chad wins the job but I think the people that are going to be really ticked are the one's that post here.

I'm not in the locker room and I'm just basing this on the past with teams that have had this issue. This issue is an uneeded distraction, especially for a team that is coming of as bad a season as the Jets had last year.

I think Clemens should be the starter but I think Mangini is thinking Pennington.

Chad Is NOT the best Qb on our Roster...Sorry

he is just the smartest at reading defenses (Thanks to his dad/coach) besides that Chad has nothing to offer except teaching Kellen how to read defenses better.

Thanks Chad, I hope you can still be our QB coach in the future, Because you sure as hell ain't going to be a starter.

Well, if he saw how his friend Byron did, maybe Chad would take the paycut. Leftwich was generally hyped too, which I never understood since I always thought h sucked. Maybe it was by the same people that hype Pennington up.

"Pennington gives them the best chance to win," a personnel man from a rival AFC East team told me. "You don't have to have the strongest arm. You just have to manage the game, which he does for the most part."

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/24697785/

Well then it must be true.

Hey - I agree you don't have to have the strongest arm. It would be nice if he didn't have the absolute weakest, where even screen passes are rainbows.

It would be better if we had an upgrade. Clemens may or may not be that person, so therefore there will be competition.

Chad Is NOT the best Qb on our Roster...Sorry

he is just the smartest at reading defenses (Thanks to his dad/coach) besides that Chad has nothing to offer except teaching Kellen how to read defenses better.

Thanks Chad, I hope you can still be our QB coach in the future, Because you sure as hell ain't going to be a starter.

Reading defenses is what it's all about. Ryan Leaf had all the physical tools to be a stellar NFL QB but he couldn't read an NFL defense to save his life.

I don't think Chad is the long-term answer but I do think he should start next year. He is still the best QB on our roster.

I mean think about it. If Clemens wins the starting the job and the Jets open the season 0-3 do you honestly not think there is NOT going to grumbling among the vets on this team wanting Pennington back in there ? You could say the same thing if Chad wins the job but I think the people that are going to be really ticked are the one's that post here.

The solution to that:

Don't go 0-3.

I don't see a single instance in any of those quotes in which Pennington takes responsibility for his own ****ty play.

What does that have to do with anything. Barton is claiming that Chad would be a distraction of some sort if he was a backup. Clemens has nothing but great things to say about how Pennington has worked with him and helped him develop. How does him not taking responsibility for mistakes (Which he has definetly done in the past) make him a distraction?

My point was Pennington still handled being benched very well, he didn't complain at all, just accepted the desicion and was prepared to move on.

It is good for Clemens to have competition, it should improve him as a QB. If he can't handle it, then he has no business being in this league.

"Pennington gives them the best chance to win," a personnel man from a rival AFC East team told me. "You don't have to have the strongest arm. You just have to manage the game, which he does for the most part."

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/24697785/

See, the rest of the AFC East wants Chad to start.

That quote is ridiculous. Game managers don't turn the ball over, and while they may not "lead" their team to victories, they don't hurt their team either. Over the last three years, Pennington has thrown one more TD than interception. Just because he has a weak arm and can't lead the team to very many points does not make him a game manager. That's not what a game manager is.

That quote is ridiculous. Game managers don't turn the ball over, and while they may not "lead" their team to victories, they don't hurt their team either. Over the last three years, Pennington has thrown one more TD than interception. Just because he has a weak arm and can't lead the team to very many points does not make him a game manager. That's not what a game manager is.

I don't disagree with your point, but I think you are a little harsh on Chad. Most of his picks come when he is forced to try and win a game. Like Chicago and Jacksonville in '06. In those two games the team fell behind and showed no ability to run and that put pressure on him to put points up through the air. Not his strong suit. True, that should be a QB's strong suit, but it's not what you expect from a game manager. In '07 he just straight up sucked, but part of that came from the deterioration on the Oline and the early season regression on D causing the same problem. The games were unmanageable.

I tend to think Chad is done, but it's not an insane theory that he could still be the better man to lead this team.

What are the odds that the patsie's go 18 and 1 without Camera's this year?? take you time and think this one out real good.

I doubt they go 18-1. I am predicting the Pats win between 11 and 14 regular season games and clinch the AFC East.

But the point of my post is that the Jets start the season with 2 of the hardest games they will have all season. So it might not be a fair test.

Clemens threw twice as many int's as he did td's last season. He also threw more picks than Chad did with less playing time while throwing half as many touchdown passes as Mr. Pathetic Noodle Arm.

Don't think Chad is the long-term answer either, I'd like to see Erik Ainge or someone else get a shot in '09. Right now Chad is the more effective QB.

Clemens threw twice as many int's as he did td's last season. He also threw more picks than Chad did with less playing time while throwing half as many touchdown passes as Mr. Pathetic Noodle Arm.

Don't think Chad is the long-term answer either, I'd like to see Erik Ainge or someone else get a shot in '09. Right now Chad is the more effective QB.

I'm not arguing that Clemens did anything resembling a fantastic job, but you know that the 5:10 split would have been 6:9 if McDroppins caught just one of the two TD's Clemens threw him. Another one was a hail-mary pass; 6:8. Another was him being thrown into must-pass situation after Chad sh*t the bed for most of 4 quarters. Sprinkle in there that he didn't have Coles & even had Brad "waste of space" Smith as a starter.

He wasn't impressive - anyone who rationalizes otherwise is simply being argumentative - but his numbers do make it look worse than it was.

Hell, Pennington's last 3 games he threw one touchdown. Outside of one game vs a depleted Bengals defense (that sucked even when everyone was healthy), and Pennington's last 6 other games he threw 3 TD's and 8 INT's. Actually that's worse than Clemens, hail-mary interception and all. Even if you include the Cincy game, that last TD is nothing more than a statistical nothing; the Bengals didn't even bother to defend the pass, so that's still a 5:9 ratio to finish his season, with 5 of those picks coming towards the end of very close games. That is the epitome of choking. Further, it was with the benefit of having Coles and a 100% healthy Cotchery for most of it. Yet people still want to see more of Captain No-Arm.

What should happen (at this point) is exactly what is happening: they are having a competition with neither one having a leg-up. If it's a dead heat, I think you have to take your shot with the only one who might have a future here.

What I do agree on is that (barring massive amounts of significant injuries) this team shouldn't win any less than 9 games with either of them.

The Jets will probably start out 1-3 next season regardless of who the QB but the schedule gets a lot easier after that.

I'd be disappointed with less than 9 wins next season.

You think we'll lose to Arizona??

I'd be dissapointed if we're not at least 2-2 at the bye.

Archived