Dan Morgan Retires

Irish Jet

Saints LB Dan Morgan Retires From NFL

Dan Morgan, the Pro Bowl linebacker whose seven-year career has been plagued by injuries, has decided to retire. Morgan played his entire career with the Panthers, but he signed a free-agent contract with the Saints on March 11. The Saints made the official announcement today. “When we signed Dan, he was committed to making a fresh start, and he was making every effort to rehabilitate the leg injury that he suffered last year,” said Coach Sean Payton. “But it wasn’t responding as well as he had hoped it would. We wish him well in his continued recovery, and he will be remembered for the excellent player he was during his career. ”Morgan played just four games in the last two years because of injuries. He suffered a partial tear of an Achilles tendon in 2007, and he had several concussions. The Panthers made Morgan the 11th pick in the 2001 NFL draft, and he entered the starting lineup immediately, played well when he was healthy and was chosen to the Pro Bowl following the 2004 season. For his career, he played in 59 regular-season games and missed 53.

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Unfortunate way for his career to end. He was very talented. It's for the best though, he was one more head hit away from being in a nursing home.

good means more playing time for vilma and a higher pick for us.

You DO know Morgan was a former 'Cane right? A few nice words or well wishes should be in order with an avatar like yours instead of jumping to next year already.

This comes as no surprise. The guy had all the talent in the world but just couldn't stay healthy due to concussion problems. I didn't know what New Orleans was thinking by aquiring both he and Vilma, but now that doesn't matter anymore. Best of luck to him.

good means more playing time for vilma and a higher pick for us.

he if vilma doesnt get hurt then we will get higher pick.

Dan Morgan was an amazing player i say he was main reason panthers made super bowl he anchored that d, he shouldve retired before signing to saints kinda stole money from saints..id be pissed if someone did that to jets.

This comes as no surprise. The guy had all the talent in the world but just couldn't stay healthy due to concussion problems. I didn't know what New Orleans was thinking by aquiring both he and Vilma, but now that doesn't matter anymore. Best of luck to him.

They were acquiring parts in hope of assembling one super linebacker.

He had more concusions than tackles.

I wish him the best.

I couldn't care less about Morgan. The dude played 7 years, got paid millions of dollars and got a few concussions. He has a degree from Miami, is seemingly an intelligent guy...i guess i flat out don't care if he has had concussions. The leg up he has had on anyone on this forum is astronomical.

Cry me a river, if you enjoyed watching him play then that sort of sucks that he retires, otherwise I do not understand why anyone would care. Honestly, someone would have to lose a leg DURING an NFL game for me to give two ****s as to the outcome of their later life.

Enjoy retirement, you're a 31 year old all pro with millions of dollars...enjoy it.

Archived