Will Arod be the All-Time HR King?

Green Jets & Ham

Having turned 30 today, it's time to ponder the end game for Arod

As I assume you all know, Arod had more HR's before the age of 30 than any player in baseball history ... 409

In fact, I don't believe any player in baseball history has even reached 400 prior to the ago of 30

I think Aaron had like 365?

Anyhow, I say that when all is said and done, Arod will surpass Barry Bonds {who will surpass Hammerin Hank} and retire as the All-Time HR King

Does anyone think differently ... and please, no typical YANKEES SUCK nonsense ... try to be serious

I say he will be the HR King ... agreed or disagreed?

Aaron was in the booth with Homer Kay last night and said yes Arod has a great chance to break the record.

Hank also said Bonds was the only hitter he has ever seen who could single handedly dominate a Major League Game.

It's a shame Griffey became so injury prone as he would have obliterated the record.

Aaron was in the booth with Homer Kay last night and said yes Arod has a great chance to break the record.

Hank also said Bonds was the only hitter he has ever seen who could single handedly dominate a Major League Game

Did he also mention that Bonds is so filled with juice he glows in the dark? :roll:

That's what makes Arod a marvel ... Schilling admitted the same ... that he has done this clean as a whistle

Not going to happen. Not unless the new Yankee stadium is built differently. Yankee stadium will be the death of him.

No righty has hit 40 hrs for the Yankees since Joe D I believe.

In order to be # 1 he would have to have a few 50 hr seasons. And I don't forsee that happening.

Did he also mention that Bonds is so filled with juice he glows in the dark? :roll:

That's what makes Arod a marvel ... Schilling admitted the same ... that he has done this clean as a whistle

Homer post. Clean up your locker room first.

Unbelievable how you can bash Bonds and start threads about Sheff never being overmatched.

I guess Barry needed to be a Yankee and then it would be ok.

its certainly possible...but highly unlikely. Now if the Yankees trade him (Also highly unlikely) to a team, well, alot like the Rangers who dont play many big, meaningful games, he will become an odds-on favorite to break Hammerin' Hank's record.

A-rod comes up small in huge spots and comes up huge in small spots. Put him on KC or T-Bay...he'll hit 50+ bombs each year and smash the record. The Yankees play too many big games throughout the course of one year.

Then again, if A-Rod's clubhouse cancer-ism can overtake the Yankees and turn them into a perrenial cellar dwellar like he seems to do with his other teams, then he'll probably resume his ability to put up huge numbers.

Not going to happen. Not unless the new Yankee stadium is built differently. Yankee stadium will be the death of him.

In order to be # 1 he would have to have a few 50 hr seasons. And I don't forsee that happening.

Good point Max. I thought Sori would do it but he fell short with 39.

Good point Max. I thought Sori would do it but he fell short with 39.

He had like 20 games to go and had 39 that year. The pressure really got to him. He tried for that HR so hard and pressed that entire postseason!

its certainly possible...but highly unlikely. Now if the Yankees trade him (Also highly unlikely) to a team, well, alot like the Rangers who dont play many big, meaningful games, he will become an odds-on favorite to break Hammerin' Hank's record.

A-rod comes up small in huge spots and comes up huge in small spots. Put him on KC or T-Bay...he'll hit 50+ bombs each year and smash the record. The Yankees play too many big games throughout the course of one year.

Then again, if A-Rod's clubhouse cancer-ism can overtake the Yankees and turn them into a perrenial cellar dwellar like he seems to do with his other teams, then he'll probably resume his ability to put up huge numbers.

:lol::lol::lol:

Good Post, Max ... which brings up an interesting topic

You know why the orginal Yankee Stadium was built with a short porch in RF?

Yep, to accomodate Babe Ruth

Well with the new Yankee Stadium soon underway, wouldn't it make sense for the Yankees to do the same for the current Yankee who has a chance to become the HR King ... this time bring in the LF dimensions?

Again, it was done for Ruth ... it was literally done with Babe Ruth in mind ... why not repeat history for the new possible HR King?

Good Post, Max ... which brings up an interesting topic

You know why the orginal Yankee Stadium was built with a short porch in RF?

Yep, to accomodate Babe Ruth

Well with the new Yankee Stadium soon underway, wouldn't it make sense for the Yankees to do the same for the current Yankee who has a chance to become the HR King ... this time bring in the LF dimensions?

Again, it was done for Ruth ... it was literally done with Babe Ruth in mind ... why not repeat history for the new possible HR King?

I hear you but I think it is already a done deal. Seating etc depends on the dimensions.

Regardless there is too much history there. The Yankees have always needed lefty pitching and lefty power hitting to win.

The results have been pretty good. I wouldn't screw with the formula now! :mrgreen:

I hear you but I think it is already a done deal. Seating etc depends on the dimensions.

Regardless there is too much history there. The Yankees have always needed lefty pitching and lefty power hitting to win.

The results have been pretty good. I wouldn't screw with the formula now! :mrgreen:

Until the shovels are in the ground, you can always revise the dimensions ... bringing in the wall if LF will only create more seats ... no big deal

But it seems like George agrees with you ... wants to remain true to the old stadium dimensions

And I can't say that I blame you guys ... that's Yankee Stadium

Absolutely Ham. I mean, we all know that A-Rod has done just as much for the game of baseball as Babe Ruth did. Seriously, A-Rod saved baseball back in 1998! No wait, that was Mac and Sammy. But A-Rod is certainly creating excitement about a HR record! Hmm, nope. No one cares.

The Babe hit more HR's than entire teams when the HR was just a baby. He brought baseball back from the Dark Ages after the worst scandal in baseball history (yes, even worse than Pete Rose or anything Selig has done). But go on, continue to breath A-Rod, the biggest choker of all in the ALCS last season who hasn't done a damn thing for the teams he's played on, in the same sentence as Babe Ruth.

I think he earns too much coin to play as long as it would take to break the record.

He will retire first.

i think if he is close he will hang on to make a run at it. it seems like something that would be important to him.

i can remember having this very same conversation growing up about Ken Griffey Jr. nobody could imagine him slowing down the pace he was on.

I think he earns too much coin to play as long as it would take to break the record.

He will retire first.

barry bonds is pulling in 18 mill a year and that didnt stop him from his record rampage

all A-rod needs to do is get very egotistic, racist and buy into the hype about him and I'm sure he can do it

In all honesty, this is not a anti-yank rant...I do not like A-Rod. I feel he is a cocky SOB who needs to check himself. True, he is a great player but I hope that

1) Bonds breaks his knee (NO ROID HR RECORD)

2) A-Rod retires after his contract is up

I think A-Rod will get about 600 hrs but that is it...

hitting 50 in yankee stadium..we will see...

LL

In all honesty, this is not a anti-yank rant...I do not like A-Rod. I feel he is a cocky SOB who needs to check himself. True, he is a great player but I hope that

1) Bonds breaks his knee (NO ROID HR RECORD)

2) A-Rod retires after his contract is up

I think A-Rod will get about 600 hrs but that is it...

hitting 50 in yankee stadium..we will see...

LL

he's on pace for 45 this year

Having turned 30 today, it's time to ponder the end game for Arod

As I assume you all know, Arod had more HR's before the age of 30 than any player in baseball history ... 409

In fact, I don't believe any player in baseball history has even reached 400 prior to the ago of 30

I think Aaron had like 365?

Anyhow, I say that when all is said and done, Arod will surpass Barry Bonds {who will surpass Hammerin Hank} and retire as the All-Time HR King

Does anyone think differently ... and please, no typical YANKEES SUCK nonsense ... try to be serious

I say he will be the HR King ... agreed or disagreed?

Agreed.

Well Hank Aaron never had a 50 homerun season in his career and he seemed to do ok. Also at his current "pace" A-Rod is on track for about 45 homeruns this year, and he has 36 last year when he was bearing down too much and focusing a lot on his new position. He's one of the best hitters in the game, AND he hits imbetween Gary Sheffield and Hideki Matsui. That's just not fair to other teams. :lol:

And oh yeah, I think he will break the record. His career numbers already are pretty much HOF-caliber. He and Jeter will probably both get 3,000 hits. I don't know where fans get the notion (other than irrational hatred) that he is a "cocky SOB." Especially if you root for teams with players like Pedro Martinez, Manny Ramirez, and Curt Schilling. Hell, if he was on the Red Sox today he'd probably be the classiest player on the team. A-Rod is a true class act, he's stayed away from the juice, and does all the right things. What, you're gonna blame the guy for taking 250 million dollars? It's kinda hard to turn that down.

He's one of the best hitters in the game, AND he hits imbetween Gary Sheffield and Hideki Matsui. That's just not fair to other teams. :lol:

you've got a point, teams wont want to IBB him because he has protection in the lineup (Matsui and Giambi) right behind him, so for now he'll sure see alot of pitches

Personally, I think Ham's just trying to become the biggest homer on the board :wink:

But seriously, I've had ARod breaking the record for years. I think sometime during 2002, I had projected him to have over 1200 homers. Then again, he was playing in Texas and everyone was hitting bombs. I think he should be able to hit 800. I wouldn't see why it's not possible.

Archived