More trouble in Yankeeland???

Jet/BosoxFan

No, this has nothing to do with the Yankees falling to 2 games back last night.

Before last night's game, Yankee GM Brian Cashman was asked about Johan Santana. He said: "If I were to pick a game 7 starter and I was given anyone in all of baseball, it would be Johan Santana."

While I personally agree with him and Johan would be my pick as well...I wonder how Randy Johnson felt about hearing that from HIS own GM.

Before last night's game, Yankee GM Brian Cashman was asked about Johan Santana. He said: "If I were to pick a game 7 starter and I was given anyone in all of baseball, it would be Johan Santana."

While I personally agree with him and Johan would be my pick as well...I wonder how Randy Johnson felt about hearing that from HIS own GM.

You are really reaching here. The Yankee plan all along has been to compliment the opponent. Have you ever heard Jeter speak? The other team is always the best.

I remember the talk in 1998 about how tough the Padres were.

I think if you asked Johnson what he thought of Cashman's remarks he would probably have said "The way I've pitched this year he is right".

Santana is just sick with that changeup. They should use him as an example for Little Leaguers that you don't need to a big curveball or slider to be a success.

Didnt see Santana do all that great in game 4 of the ALDS last season.

He wasnt even that great last night. He left alot of pitches up in the zone and if the ball carried in the air, it would have been 4-0 in the 3rd inning. He was "Santana" 5th inning on though.

No Yankee starter would make the top 30 of that list, btw.

Hell, no Yankee PLAYER would make the top 30 of that list, as far as players you'd line up for a game seven. Especially after that gag job last season.

Mariano Riveria, go ahead and try and debate that one. TRY!!!

Over 30 Post-Season saves. Almost triple the next guy.

Randy Johnson gave up 11 hits to the New York Mets. No WAY do you make the argument that he should start a Game 7 over Johan.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

He gave up 11 hits to the mess in a regular season game a month 1/2 ago so throw his postseason success out the window as well as his last start......

assphinctersayswhat

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

He gave up 11 hits to the mess in a regular season game a month 1/2 ago so throw his postseason success out the window as well as his last start......

assphinctersayswhat

You don't belong in this league, let alone in a Game 7, if you give up that many hits to the Mets. Can't have it both ways buddy, rip on the Mets or credit them. Sounds like you're crediting them here.

You don't belong in this league, let alone in a Game 7, if you give up that many hits to the Mets. Can't have it both ways buddy, rip on the Mets or credit them. Sounds like you're crediting them here.

Are you seriously this stupid? :shock:

How about RJs last start

8 innings pitched

0 runs allowed

2 hits

Pathetic. I'm done here

Dude. My bad. I meant position players and worded it poorly. I might also take ARod too.

You ever see the Post Season all time leaders? Bernie leads in everything. What he doesn't Jeters does. I think they would crack the top 30. Maybe not Bernie this year....but Jeter definitely.

Homo.

Randy Johnson start.

5.0 IP

9 hits

7 runs

7 earned runs

1 walks

2 Strike outs

2 Home Runs

Yup... the stats of a game seven starter!

=D>

Yea I guess you would look at those stats...if you just started watching baseball 5 months ago.

Is July within the last 5 months? :roll:

Sure... but other than the fact that it's been more the par for the course since returning to the AL... and he wasn't exactly MR ERA the last time he was in the AL. He had an ERA of what? 3.50-4?

I've been watching baseball for a bit longer than 5 months, Sally :wink:

Yes, lets throw out his latest performance because we're pathetic homers.

You're just showing how stupid you guys are by bring up past performances.

You want past performances?

Go look at the 2001 playoffs era for Randy Johnson and come talk to me.

Anyways, about Santana.

Guy couldnt even win a ALDS game with his teams season on the line. So now he's the best game 7 starter in MLB. Sure, and Carlos Guillen is the best SS in the American League, riiiight.

johan just completed a walter johnson-like season (or atleast a walter johnson-like second half of a season), who would take offense to that?

Yes, lets throw out his latest performance because we're pathetic homers.

You're just showing how stupid you guys are by bring up past performances.

You want past performances?

Go look at the 2001 playoffs era for Randy Johnson and come talk to me.

Anyways, about Santana.

Guy couldnt even win a ALDS game with his teams season on the line. So now he's the best game 7 starter in MLB. Sure, and Carlos Guillen is the best SS in the American League, riiiight.

Randy Johnson in 2001... which was in the NL... and four years ago, which does mean alot when you're 42 ******* years old! Good gawd... put the Yankee colored glasses away!

Mariano Riveria, go ahead and try and debate that one. TRY!!!

Over 30 Post-Season saves. Almost triple the next guy.

LMAO. If TS honestly made an argument about that, I'd have to think he's a complete idiot when it comes to baseball. Mariano Rivera is the greatest closer of all time. Period. Regular season and especially postseason. The Red Sox have choked craploads of time in the playoffs but they get lucky one time and all the sudden their models for being clutch. I'll take Jeter and A-Rod any month of the year and twice in October. BTW, Randy has been turning it on lately. He will be lights out playoff time.

And you can't forget the man in my sig. Robinson has been ridiculously hot of late and I bet he will tear it up in the playoffs. This kid was born for the pinstripes.

Randy Johnson in 2001... which was in the NL... and four years ago, which does mean alot when you're 42 farging years old! Good gawd... put the Yankee colored glasses away!

8 innings pitched

2 hits

0 earned runs

Pretty fu***** good, no matter how you spin it.

Archived