LeCharles Bentley released from the Browns

SayNoToDMC

NotoDMC is right, whoever gets this guy has a real player. I wish the Jets had room for him on their roster, would be nice to line him up at guard next to Mangold. This coming from a guy that thinks brandon moore is a solid RG.

NotoDMC is right, whoever gets this guy has a real player. I wish the Jets had room for him on their roster, would be nice to line him up at guard next to Mangold. This coming from a guy that thinks brandon moore is a solid RG.

I totally agree with you, I would love this guy on the Oline. However I don't think we'll be spending any more money on the Oline.

Ferguson, Faneca, Mangold, Bentley, Woody = SICKNESS!

I don't usually post in these "Should the Jets sign this guy" posts. usually there is no chance.

In this guys case, I wouldn't be at all surprised, and would be very happy.

I would love to see the Jets sign him to an incentive based contract with a lower base salary, and bonus's based on playing time. He could be a major upgrade at guard even if he can only come back at 80% of where he was at. He's also still a young guy for an O-lineman.

Funny thing is is that just this morning I saw a piece on Bently on NFL Network which had Romeo Crennell speaking about him as well and how Bentley was "in better shape than he was when he first came to Cleveland" and how "they were going to take some time to see where he's at". Okay Romeo. :rl:

Funny thing is is that just this morning I saw a piece on Bently on NFL Network which had Romeo Crennell speaking about him as well and how Bentley was "in better shape than he was when he first came to Cleveland" and how "they were going to take some time to see where he's at". Okay Romeo. :rl:

Yeah that IS strange. He ASKED for his release. Maybe he looked at the roster and saw little chance of starting.

Bentley wants to start, no way he comes to the Jets, Mangold has that OC position on lock down.

He went to the probowl and was voted SI ROY his rookie season as a guard, so he's been a pro bowl gaurd and center. Obviously he wouldn't be taking Mangolds position but I think he could have to potential to be a huge upgrade at guard.

He went to the probowl and was voted SI ROY his rookie season as a guard, so he's been a pro bowl gaurd and center. Obviously he wouldn't be taking Mangolds position but I think he could have to potential to be a huge upgrade at guard.

wouldn't that make 5 first round picks in our offensive line? If they failed at all it would be pretty embarassing.

Yeah, just what we need. An Offensive Lineman whose missed the last two seasons due to knee injuries.

SIGN HIM!!!

:rl:

That's why if it did happen it would have to be a contract with a low base pay but with incentives built in based on playing time. If he doesn't work out it costs next to nothing and you cut him. There is a huge upside though if he can come back anywhere near his pro bowl form. He was one of the top lineman in the league and he's really only ever had the one injury. The staff infection he had no control over.

No thanks.

I'll continue to pass on a person who weights 300+, is an Offensive Lineman in the NFL and has knee problems. No thank you. Brandon Moore is fine at Right Guard, we don't need to waste our money on Bentley. Some team that actually needs an Offensive Lineman will bring him in.

In notodmc world Brandon Moore is a solid Right Guard, Lecharles isn't injury prone and McFadden sucks.

In notodmc world Brandon Moore is a solid Right Guard, Lecharles isn't injury prone and McFadden sucks.

If I thought Moore was a solid guard why would I want to bring Bentley in to compete/take over for him, I don't know how you can claim he is injury prone, he's had one injury in his entire career, and I never said McFadden sucks I said that taking a RB for us at 6 was a waist of money and a pick. I do though think you are an idiot.

If I thought Moore was a solid guard why would I want to bring Bentley in to compete/take over for him, I don't know how you can claim he is injury prone, he's had one injury in his entire career, and I never said McFadden sucks I said that taking a RB for us at 6 was a waist of money and a pick. I do though think you are an idiot.

Let's put aside the fact that your boy hasn't played in a game for two years.

Why do I claim LeCharles Bentley is injury prone? I dunno. Let's see...

His injury that you're trying to minimize is a torn patella tendon and he has never recovered from it. In fact, it degenerated to the point that during one of the 4, that's right, 4 surgeries he had for the injury his leg was infected with a virus. The infection was so severe the doctors actually considered amputating his leg. Oh yeah, he also suffered form a staph infection during this time period.

What a great idea notodmc, let's get this guy now!

Archived