When It's all said and Done,Doug Jolley will Be the Jets...

Smizzy

The NFL is give and take

Last year we had Curtis at 1697, and Becht at 100

for arguements sake lets say Curtis will miss Becht, and he drops to a 1400 yard rusher

1400 plus Jollys 500 gives us 100 more yards net season

I'll take it, since we know football is a game of inches

JonE, now that is an anology that I buy into.

Another fact-based post by the 3rd grader. #-o

A 260 lb man who runs a 4.45 with a long history of injury problems. No, he cant possibly have been on the juice.

Graham having dropsies is a fact. Everybody knows this. And Watson had a knack for dropping balls in college and in preseason games last year he dropped alot of passes right in the basket with no defenders in the area.

You know we have little to pin our hopes on winning the division title when we're trying to argue the Jets have better TE's than the Pats. :shock:

Why don't you just grease your whole body us so you can jam yourself up TX's ass?

Why don't you just grease your whole body us so you can jam yourself up TX's a$$?

Why don't you tell me how you really feel, smizzy? :lol:

Look, I know everyone hates the Pats. But EVERY thread it seems is turned into "our ___ is better than New England." Screw New England, why even bring them into the discussion? All I care about is the Jets taking care of business. What comes, will come.

Why don't you tell me how you really feel, smizzy? :lol:

Look, I know everyone hates the Pats. But EVERY thread it seems is turned into "our ___ is better than New England." Screw New England, why even bring them into the discussion? All I care about is the Jets taking care of business. What comes, will come.

Did i turn this thread into that or did PATSFANTX?

Like i give 2 hershey squirts about Tx or the Pats.

Did i turn this thread into that or did PATSFANTX?

Like i give 2 hershey squirts about Tx or the Pats.

Actually you did dipsh t.

The thread was about Jolley's production as a TE.

You were the first one to bring the Pats TE's into the thread.

Go back and check. :wink:

Smizzy,

I'll be drafting Jolley for my fantasy team.

I think I'll get him at a later round due to his relative obscurity and he'll out perform most taken in those rounds.

The big question is when to take him.

d

How many Teams? How many Rds?

Jolley has been going really late in all the drafts ive done....He can be had unless their is a jets fan in your draft.

Don't draft him before 13th rd.

The only thing I care about Jolley is that he can CATCH the ball, not DEFLECT the ball.

Chad has a solid target over the middle this year, and over the middle works to Chad's strengths.

Will Jolley put up big numbers? Who cares! As long as he produces when his number is called, the rest will take care of itself.

How many Teams? How many Rds?

Jolley has been going really late in all the drafts ive done....He can be had unless their is a jets fan in your draft.

Don't draft him before 13th rd.

K, Smizz.

Not trying to turn this into a fantasy thread, but which TE's do you have ranked ahead of DJ?

thanks,

d

40 receptions, 500 yards, 4 TD's.

That's mediocre? For a TE?

Last year, only 10 TE's had more than 40 catches in the NFL. Nine had more than 500 yards, or more than 6 TD's.

Those numbers would represent a Top 10 NFL TE. Hardly mediocre. I'd be very pleased with those numbers. That would be a break out year for a TE.

And I think Jolley could do a lot better than that. Something Satanic like 60/600/6. This new OC likes his TE's, and Jolley's gonna be his guy. At camp, they even have him lining up outside quite a bit. He's going to be a big factor in the passing game.

• 2 years later...
How often have you seen me blowing a guy simply because he's wearing green and white? If I predict someone will be successful as a Jet, it isn't because I'm just some dumb homer. It's because that player has given me reason to believe that he will.

i was just searching for random threads, thought this one was sort of funny.

ps- how nice would it be to have heath miller right now? ouch.

troll, i'm not rippin on you, just found the thread interesting.

i was just searching for random threads, thought this one was sort of funny.

troll, i'm not rippin on you, just found the thread interesting.

How is that ripping on me? It just shows that I've been consistent. Joe Morgan would be proud of my consistency.

edit: Oh, it appears I called Jolley a young Mark Chumura. I stand by that. Invite over some teenage girls, Doug!

You made a mistake, TX. I agree with Smizzy here. Jolley is going to have a huge year under Heimerdinger. I remember thinking that Jolley was going to be special when I watched him during his rookie year. For some reason, he fell out of favor in Oakland and never got a fair shake again. With Pennington's arm not at 100%, you can bet your bottom dollar that he's going to go to his safety valve (Jolley) a lot. I could see Jolley turning into a Mark Chumura type of player.

this is why ;)

Different? I thought you were captain consistent! ;)

While I thought Jolley would be solid for us, that doesn't mean he was worth a 1st round pick.

Especially when the Raiders were probably going to cut him anyway. Where did the mad smiley go?

While I thought Jolley would be solid for us, that doesn't mean he worth a 1st round pick.

Especially when the Raiders were probably going to cut him anyway. Where did the mad smiley go?

Mad smiley? I'm lucky I could find the winky. I think that somebody will be here shortly to explain how it wasn't a #1, but a #1 (26 overall) and #7 for a #2 (47 overall), and a pair of 6's. I believe according "the chart" it equated to a third rounder. Oh, and IIRC one of the sixes was used to trade up for Rhodes, so that is supposed to make it all better.

Mad smiley? I'm lucky I could find the winky. I think that somebody will be here shortly to explain how it wasn't a #1, but a #1 (26 overall) and #7 for a #2 (47 overall), and a pair of 6's. I believe according "the chart" it equated to a third rounder. Oh, and IIRC one of the sixes was used to trade up for Rhodes, so that is supposed to make it all better.

Yes, I am well aware of what the trade "actually" was. But, the bottom line is that the reason the Jets didn't have a 1st round draft choice in 2005 is because they traded for Doug ****ing Jolley, a backup tight end on the worst team in football that probably wasn't going to make the team anyway.

You don't move down twenty spots in the 1st round of the draft for a fringe player that you might be able to sign with no compensation in June.

this is a perfect example of what I was saying happens to EVERY single thread at JI now-it starts out with a Jets fan saying something positive about our team and turns in to a pissing match with Pats fans-Smizzy had a great quote in this thread;

"Did i turn this thread into that or did PATSFANTX?

Like i give 2 hershey squirts about Tx or the Pats."

Yes, I am well aware of what the trade "actually" was. But, the bottom line is that the reason the Jets didn't have a 1st round draft choice in 2005 is because they traded for Doug ****ing Jolley, a backup tight end on the worst team in football that probably wasn't going to make the team anyway.

You don't move down twenty spots in the 1st round of the draft for a fringe player that you might be able to sign with no compensation in June.

I wouldn't have made the deal because I appreciated Becht and would have tried to hold on to him. There are always FA rejects available that can catch (ie Jermaine Wiggins). FWIW, I think trading down was compounded by the fact that they picked a kicker. Also if it were a few picks later and it was trading down in the 2nd it would seem more palatable without really making a difference. Same thing with the TJones deal. If it we'd gotten the 1st 3 rounder it would seem like a much worse deal.

You should pull up the original news of the trade thread.

I'm pretty sure my reaction was slightly different.

I can't back it up with posts, since i wasn't here during that time, but when the trade happened i was pretty pissed, i really wanted heath miller. As the days went by and i kept reading about jolly, and i still had faith in herm (ouch, i know) i thought maybe it would work out for us.

Damn dude, if we had Heath Miller right now this offense would be boarderline amazing. That one really burns me.

this is a perfect example of what I was saying happens to EVERY single thread at JI now-it starts out with a Jets fan saying something positive about our team and turns in to a pissing match with Pats fans-Smizzy had a great quote in this thread;

"Did i turn this thread into that or did PATSFANTX?

Like i give 2 hershey squirts about Tx or the Pats."

No, it's a perfect example of how Jet fans don't know what they are talking about when it comes to the off-season, and being able to see their teams players for what they really are. Doug Jolly sucked then, and he sucks now, I remember pointing out that Bechet had nearly equal #'s over his career and was a much better blocker, yet all Jet fans wanted to hear was that "China Doll finally had a weapon to open up the midddle of the field". :P:p:p Jet fans bring most of their disapointments on themselves. ;)

No, it's a perfect example of how Jet fans don't know what they are talking about when it comes to the off-season, and being able to see their teams players for what they really are. Doug Jolly sucked then, and he sucks now, I remember pointing out that Bechet had nearly equal #'s over his career and was a much better blocker, yet all Jet fans wanted to hear was that "China Doll finally had a weapon to open up the midddle of the field". :P:p:p Jet fans bring most of their disapointments on themselves. ;)

hey SFJ, case in point huh?

Archived