QB B Ratliff

RB J Caulcrick

WR D Ball

WR D Clowney

OT N Garner

DE R Pitoitua

LB J Trusnik

DB TBD

I've been tinkering with the Dolphins current 80 man roster and trying to figure out which guys will be on the roster for opening day.

My question is, do teams with 3-4 defenses generally keep 26 on defense and 24 on offense. I keep ending up with the same numbers on the Dolphins because of the plethora of linebackers required for a 3-4 system. We're somewhat new to this defense so I'm used to going 25/25/3.

Have the Jets done 24/26/3 for a while now?

Seven OL seems awfully thin, even if they do have no one beyond the starters worth keeping. I think they'll find another roster spot or two for the OL from the WR's, CB's (where I think Carroll has a real shot), and DL.

I could see Ainge on IR, and Ratliff on the roster.

I'm pulling for Caulcrick over Smith or Chatman.

Baker stays with his tail between his legs, Pociask goes, and suddenly the TE position looks like one of stronger ones on the team.

Seven OL seems awfully thin, even if they do have no one beyond the starters worth keeping. I think they'll find another roster spot or two for the OL from the WR's, CB's (where I think Carroll has a real shot), and DL.

Baker stays with his tail between his legs, Pociask goes, and suddenly the TE position looks like one of stronger ones on the team.

Chatman could be the starter before the year is over Slats-he is a Pats killer too. The Giants just announced today that they will be going with the RBBC this year. Right now with TJ, Leon, Musa, Chatman and Tony Richardson we POTENTIALLY have the best RBBC in the division

Same here. Richardson, while still a top-tier FB even last year, clearly isn't the long-term solution. It would also be good to have a backup on the roster. We could practice-squad him, but then anyone could grab him leaving us with no true FB in the event Richardson gets injured.

I'd prefer Washington starting over Chatman. I'm always wary about bright spots on bad teams.

Chatman could actually BE the Lamont Jordan we never got to see...every highlight of him on Jets Nation on Saturday afternoons has him punishing Patriots defenders in his Dolphins uniform

Good stuff Bit. I don't see Murrell making it unless he's a ST demon. Mattison is my sleeper pick to make the team. I predict he'd at least make the practice squad over Pitoitua, but that sure is nitpicky.

So Bit, you figure Chris Baker is a goner then?

First thing I noticed too.

I agree with this too.

I'd prefer Washington starting over Chatman. I'm always wary about bright spots on bad teams.

Are you describing Chatman or Washington?

Are you describing Chatman or Washington?

Chatman - Washington has looked good when the Jets were playing well, too. He might get a little too much credit for his KOR's, though. Westoff's been able to plug & play back there since his arrival. This is the year we find out how good our returners really are.

Chatman - Washington has looked good when the Jets were playing well, too. He might get a little too much credit for his KOR's, though. Westoff's been able to plug & play back there since his arrival. This is the year we find out how good our returners really are.

I'm not worried about having all the RBs. I think at least one or two will get hurt and solve any numbers problem.

Have the Jets done 24/26/3 for a while now?

yes the last 2 years defense has had 1 more - at least on opening day

Chris Baker is gone, i don't know exactly how. Could be a trade. Barrett can be cut.

RE the RB - Smith backs up Jones, Chatman backs up Washington - both of those have to impact specials. I am not counting out Caulcrick but because he has psquad elig, the team might try to sneak him by

by the way there are about 40 guys who's spots are guarunteed, the real spots up for grabs are depth - WR will be a battle, Dave Ball could make this team (seriously). Marcus Henry could be Psquaded as well.

I don't see the point of carrying 8 or 9 OL when there aren't that many players on the roster worth the spot. Hunter could make it over Bender, and Montgomery could make it over Turner. on the DL Pituatua could make it over Brown but that's kind of a long shot.

What about CB Ahmad Carroll?

I wouldn't count him out. He's here because they know they're razor thin at CB. If the commitment from him is there, he might still be a player. He is a former first round pick.

Archived